996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Quattroroute Murci vs CGT vs Enzo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:22 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Clearly the CGT is King and at just a little more than 2/3 the Enzo's sticker, it's a bargain...There is no better car on the road.

Now all I have to do is drive one...

Old 06-28-2005, 10:40 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by allanlambo
Yes, and you obviously have no idea what you are talking about in any regard. No doubt that a CGT will beat a Murci to 200kmh. But as i said, OFF THE LINE, dead stop, Murci launched properly will be a headache for the CGT until they get into those speeds.
OK, guys, I know I'm dancing with the Devil here, but....

... Allan's right and I don't care who knows it.

All of these cars have enough power to break traction all the way to 60 mph, so weight and additional power kinda don't matter. The zero to 60 time on an F1 car is not nearly as much of an improvement over a fast street car as you'd expect, given the difference in power to weight ratio.

In the end, it comes down to this. Under hard accelaration, the driven wheels of the CGT or Enzo will be pressed down with somewhere between 60% (the static weight over the rear wheels) and 100% (the theoretical maximum if the CGT could do a wheelie ). Given the low CG for these cars, it's probably closer to 75% tops. That value is 100% for an AWD vehicle, and no RWD vehicle can match it. Given that, the Murci will be capable of being quicker off the line, assuming it manages front/rear power distribution somewhat intelligently. (and yes, I'm ignoring things like minor differences in contact patch area and tire compound, as they are very close to begin with, and easy to change anyway)

Once you get past the speed at which you're spinning the wheels all the way through the gears, power to weight ratio and drag versus absolute horsepower (or area under the curve in the appropriate rev range, really) become the dominant factor, at which time the CGT and Enzo start to pull away.

Watch an F1 car go from 100 to 200 though. That's a sight to see.

Last edited by PMac; 06-28-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:44 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
only porblem I see with your arg., PMac is AWD. Sure for safety/daily driving...but for the pure thrill of it all...RWD rules and is much more interesting and responsive....

Old 06-28-2005, 10:47 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by rockitman
only porblem I see with your arg., PMac is AWD. Sure for safety/daily driving...but for the pure thrill of it all...RWD rules and is much more interesting and repsonsive....
Agreed. But I drive a C4S, and find it 10x more fun to drive than my 99C2 ever was. Mostly due to susoension tuning, I think.

I'd still trade the C4S and someone's left nut for a GT3 if I were man enough to live without PSM. But I ain't

Old 06-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by PMac
I'd still trade the C4S and someone's left nut for a GT3 if I were man enough to live without PSM. But I ain't
You are, just drive slower in the rain. Get a GT3 slightly used for a steal while you can...

Old 06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
You are, just drive slower in the rain.
I'll have you know that the first 911 I owned wound up wrapped around a tree on a beautiful, sunny day on a deserted road in Missouri wine country (I was stone cold sober). It was my first experience with trailing throttle oversteer, and I remember it better than my first kiss.

I'm a better driver now than I was then, but I'm nowhere near where I would need to be to feel that PSM is optional.

You GT3 guys are braver than I.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
0-60 is a race of traction... an in today's world of high horsepower cars, it really gives little indication as to the potential of a car's ability.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:49 AM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Clearly the CGT is King and at just a little more than 2/3 the Enzo's sticker, it's a bargain...There is no better car on the road.

Now all I have to do is drive one...
See i dont know, i think the Murci is the king, you can buy a new 05 for prob like 260K, so 150k less than the CGT. Thats alot of money. Truthfully, i know the CGT is a much better car, BUT, you are paying for it, and in all honesty, most of us would never be able to ring out the performance of the CGT safely, the Murci awd gives more peace of mind. Plus, i wasnt really a CGT fan before, but now all this with Ben, and seeing all these other CGT's wrecked, just gives me a Very creepy feeling.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by NAPO
I do know what you are saying and I do agree about some car magazines... But these times are obviously very high... We are talking about the top supercars of today... There is no way that a slightly modded GT2 can get the same times as Porsche's top model/ supercar... Oh and I didn't know a Murci is significantly faster than a CGT to 62.5mph?? There would be something wrong in with that situation... Don't you agree??
At the end of the day, different people and different testing conditions, these times are all so close that any variables between the test cause big differences.

All in all though these are very fast, capable machines, and any of them would be more than welcome in my garage

Old 06-29-2005, 08:14 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
If the Porsche 911 turbo can beat the Murcie to 100 mph I don't think the Carrera GT will have a problem.

Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2005, 08:17 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
By the way this is from a Road and Track article click here for more:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=8

Old 06-29-2005, 01:57 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally posted by PMac
All of these cars have enough power to break traction all the way to 60 mph, so weight and additional power kinda don't matter. The zero to 60 time on an F1 car is not nearly as much of an improvement over a fast street car as you'd expect, given the difference in power to weight ratio.
<snip>
Watch an F1 car go from 100 to 200 though. That's a sight to see. [/B]
Great points. A GT2 on racing tires will produce times close to an F1 car 0-60 (close enough to illustrate the point anyway) simply due to the relative lack of traction in the F1 car. Get the F1 car up to a little speed and forget about it, the GT2 would be out of side in the rearview mirror in no time at all!

Old 06-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned
Originally posted by buddyg
If the Porsche 911 turbo can beat the Murcie to 100 mph I don't think the Carrera GT will have a problem.
LOL, drive a Murci and then go drive the 99TT, then come back and tell me the TT can beat the Murci. Again, all in the launch. Most magazines put the Murci at 3.5 to 3.6 to sixty, except for that one. Even in Road and tracks original test of the Murci, on what they noted was a SLIPPERY test surface they got 3.6 to sixty.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Have a Diable 6.0 coming next week (while I am out of town so my 23 year old brother gets to take delivery). Cannot wait. Love the carbon interior and the front end. Liked the back of the Murci better, but like the view of the 6.0 from the front and the interior of the 6.0 better. Plus, I saved a little $$$. I drove this car rather hard and I don't think it was as quick as my 03 TT coupe was even before I modded it. Nonetheless, I finally got one and that's all that matters. I don't care if it drove like shyt, I am still gonna be pimpin.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Banned
Diablo 6.0 is awesome, and it will dust a stock TT no problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quattroroute Murci vs CGT vs Enzo