996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Exhaust size for new 3076 turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:25 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
let me know when you want to let the 24/18g's go!
Hi,I sure will if I get the 3071s I want..

Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
This is why i will remove my catless exhaust and install race pipes

Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Andy Garcia is infamous around these parts
Are those straight through pipes not very noisy?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:19 PM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
i have to decide if i keep my switzer exhaust (decated)or remove it and install the race pipes,how many whp it should add?i am runnig A30/76 with all bolt on and proto mafless tune.
Thanks.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
What size inner piping does the Switzer have and the rest of the piping?

Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
What size inner piping does the Switzer have and the rest of the piping?
i am not sure,but i think it is a 2.5 inches

Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
2.5" exhaust is a complete waste of time on 3071s and then with cats forget it.. I did a set of 3071 a couple months of ago on a car that the customer insisted trying it out with his FVD ~2.5" exhaust and lets just say the car sucked.. the spool suffered and the entire powerband was terrible.. We swapped to a 3" exhaust and spool was much earlier and 30-40+whp thru the band.. it was choking for sure.. Matter of fact i found the video of the car..

Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by dynamic gt2
i am not sure,but i think it is a 2.5 inches
HI,,You should call Neil and ask him..
I would think you need a min. of 2.75'' piping with the HP/TQ those turbos can make..

Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u
This is my problem....this is Bull****

If a company wants to sell a product, and wants to take peoples money off them, surely they should be forthcoming and transparent when it comes to answering peoples questions

If I ask about a product I expect an answer, not some **** like "We do not make that info public"

If they don't answer my questions, they don't get my business

Could you imagine if I called a company about an exhaust and asked if it came with 100 cell or 200 cell cats, and they said they won't tell me because they "Do not make that info public"

Seriously, Does this type of answer fly in all walks of life?

Imagine if you were in a restaurant and you asked what the soup of the day was and you got the answer "We do not make that info public"

Could you imagine?!

Damn, if they're trying to sell something, and I don't know what they're selling, I'm never going to buy it

If I really wanted to know the "secret" of the Tial turbos I'd just get a set and measure them

But why bother?
I don't want to know, I don't have time for stuff like that

Marek, none of this is in anyway directed towards you
As far as I'm concerned you're a straight up, honest, and decent guy, that helps out and provides far more information than anyone could ever ask for.......I think others could learn a great deal from you
Tial has the ONLY big HP bolt on turbos for a porsche.. they work.. there are 4000 reviews on here that show how well they work.. If the wheels were GTX or not, if the size was 80mm or 50mm it all doesnt really matter unless your looking to race in a series with turbo restrictions and have to know.. They give you the info on what cars they fit and there are 1000s of threads on how they perform.. If you dont buy them then next 50 people in line will buy them.. There is ALWAYS a wait for them.. There is more demand then supply at all times all year long so dont spite yourself to prove a point to Tial.. they wont miss your business trust me on that..

Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Tial has the ONLY big HP bolt on turbos for a porsche.. they work.. there are 4000 reviews on here that show how well they work.. If the wheels were GTX or not, if the size was 80mm or 50mm it all doesnt really matter unless your looking to race in a series with turbo restrictions and have to know.. They give you the info on what cars they fit and there are 1000s of threads on how they perform.. If you dont buy them then next 50 people in line will buy them.. There is ALWAYS a wait for them.. There is more demand then supply at all times all year long so dont spite yourself to prove a point to Tial.. they wont miss your business trust me on that..
Hi ,You might be right BUT it is still NO way to treat future customers the way he has that are going to spend $5k plus on 2 turbos.
I dont believe you treat your future customers that way..
I am sorry to say BUT I have looked else now and found Forced Performance has stellar turbos and flowed the competitions in which he has stellar results on his own and customer service to match..Thanks Tim for that hook -up..

Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hi ,You might be right BUT it is still NO way to treat future customers the way he has that are going to spend $5k plus on 2 turbos.
I dont believe you treat your future customers that way..
I am sorry to say BUT I have looked else now and found Forced Performance has stellar turbos and flowed the competitions in which he has stellar results on his own and customer service to match..Thanks Tim for that hook -up..
Sure we do.. We had cams made that nobody got specs on them and sold out of them.. Some things in this industry are not shared publicly and the benefit outweighs the people who dont buy them..

if you bought an FP direct bolt on turbo in 28-30r you supported the company your upset at either way.. When it arrives check the name on the rear housing..

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Sure we do.. We had cams made that nobody got specs on them and sold out of them.. Some things in this industry are not shared publicly and the benefit outweighs the people who dont buy them..

if you bought an FP direct bolt on turbo in 28-30r you supported the company your upset at either way.. When it arrives check the name on the rear housing..
Mike I can understand that part fully But MY peeve was NO replies from questions regarding the 3071s and 3076s,to make my decision...
After several faxes,e-mails and phone calls for a few simple answers AND not getting a response over a few week period >> Thats just not right to me..Sorry..

Last edited by johnspeed; 11-16-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 AM
fitted my 3 inch exhaust today!!!!!!!!!! sounds gr8 not 2 loud!! now just waiting for my 3076!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by Andy Garcia
fitted my 3 inch exhaust today!!!!!!!!!! sounds gr8 not 2 loud!! now just waiting for my 3076!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What type of exhaust and whos?? Cats?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 AM
No cats bud!!!!!! and its just guys who do mandrell bend exhausts here in sunny south africa! but its cheap comp 2 USA ones!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust size for new 3076 turbos