996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Exhaust size for new 3076 turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
2.5" exhaust is a complete waste of time on 3071s and then with cats forget it.. I did a set of 3071 a couple months of ago on a car that the customer insisted trying it out with his FVD ~2.5" exhaust and lets just say the car sucked.. the spool suffered and the entire powerband was terrible.. We swapped to a 3" exhaust and spool was much earlier and 30-40+whp thru the band.. it was choking for sure.. Matter of fact i found the video of the car..

http://youtu.be/FRo76ZTOfSM?hd=1
you you mean i will gain 30 to 40whp just by removing my exhaust and installing the race pipes

Old 11-16-2012, 09:08 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
sounds like you want people to tell you what you want to hear

truth is 30s will benefit greatly from a nice catless 3" exhaust in both spool and top end power.
Agree 110%.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dynamic gt2
you you mean i will gain 30 to 40whp just by removing my exhaust and installing the race pipes
I mean by switching from a 2.5" system to a full 3" system no cats thats the gains we saw.. I have seen cars choked just by using the OEM tips that were smaller than 3".. its a bottle neck.. 30s flow alot of air each.. more in means you need to get more out and sending it thru a straw isnt the best way..

Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Andy Garcia is infamous around these parts
i fitted my oem tips on my 3 inch exhaust! do u think it can effect the flow?

Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Andy Garcia
If you opened up the tips to 3'' then NO..
If you still have them at the stock 2.200'' then Yes..
But then again at your current level with the K16s is questionable at how much it hurt?
I dont think you can open the stock tips to 3''...
I opened my tips to 2.5'' and the tail pipe tip to that,to match my Milltek 2.5'' tail pipe coming out of the muffler..

Last edited by johnspeed; 11-17-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Old 11-17-2012, 12:22 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Thanks for that info gt2.
Since we have 2 turbos, each pipe is rated for each turbo, our total hp÷2.
I also have to find my flow/HP rating sheet on piping diameter..
According to that sheet it seemed 2.75" is a good choice got most of us modified guys, big boys 3 " ...

Old 11-17-2012, 01:12 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i have a 3" on my K24 set up, the HP gain are noticeable. i do have other mods as well.. i wasted my time and money with a 2'5". just the sound alone is worth the mod.. noticed a big difference
.. somewhere in the 40hp range ... check BBI web site for power gains.... i have had older men driving down the road stop to tell me how great my exhaust sounds.....

@ andy.. it never stops until you get help!

Last edited by mod mike; 11-17-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Never had a complaint on Tial Turbo's. You say what your goals are and they have something that will deliver. Pretty innovative stuff if you look. It would be hard to find a tuner here who can argue that. There will always be other options though. The recipe will always depend on your goals, budget and builder. I agree that good communication is important. There are many companies out there who suffer from being too busy.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Luke_01 is infamous around these parts
Hello Andy. Also from Jo'Burg. Please email me at lhvanroo@gmail.com Thanks

Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by mod mike
i have a 3" on my K24 set up, the HP gain are noticeable. i do have other mods as well.. i wasted my time and money with a 2'5". just the sound alone is worth the mod.. noticed a big difference
.. somewhere in the 40hp range ... check BBI web site for power gains.... i have had older men driving down the road stop to tell me how great my exhaust sounds.....

@ andy.. it never stops until you get help!
Hey Mike, Didnt your 2.5'' system have 200 cats and your BBI is catless?
Thanks..

Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
hey john hope all is well! my BBi has cats, 200, . the difference is night and day.. BBI gives the same power with cats.... we have a smog every two years here in CA.. i am so happy with the way my car runs.. its so quick... this week im dumping a s____ load of $ on my suspension.. I've got Kw3, and all the goodies to make it as close in handling to a GT-3 as i can get... next year i plan on getting the GT-3... can't wait!!! happy Holidays .. to OP, i'd never waste $ on a cheep exhaust, so many have bought more than one!!!!.... I know BBI is up there in price, but that old saying applies.. you truly get what you pay for..... good luck!!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by mod mike
hey john hope all is well! my BBi has cats, 200, . the difference is night and day.. BBI gives the same power with cats.... we have a smog every two years here in CA.. i am so happy with the way my car runs.. its so quick... this week im dumping a s____ load of $ on my suspension.. I've got Kw3, and all the goodies to make it as close in handling to a GT-3 as i can get... next year i plan on getting the GT-3... can't wait!!! happy Holidays .. to OP, i'd never waste $ on a cheep exhaust, so many have bought more than one!!!!.... I know BBI is up there in price, but that old saying applies.. you truly get what you pay for..... good luck!!
Mike ,Thats great,Glad you are happy..Hope all is well with you..

Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Andy Garcia is infamous around these parts
I kno its a bad drug!!!! i fitted the 3 inch for my 3076 turbos! and now going to fit my aem meth kit!!!!! what you guys think?????????

Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Andy Garcia
Measure the ID on the Tips on the backside and see what size they are.. if i am correct they are much smaller than 3".. We had to cut them back some as they flare out to meet the exhaust at 3" if i am correct..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust size for new 3076 turbos