996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone interested in doing a FULL GT2 Front Conversion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Anyone interested in doing a FULL GT2 Front Conversion?

Guys, I was going to do a full front GT2 conversion for a gentleman in South Carolina. I now have all of his parts at my shop. MOST of those parts are brand new, and still in the Suncoast boxes/wrapping. I took inventory of them and then had to have a surgery for hernia. The project got sidelined and now he's changed course. I can offer the same deal on the instal that I offered him, and can put you in touch with him on working a deal for the purchase of the parts.

Contact me offline if interested. This is the "FULL" GT2 functional front conversion, complete with fender liners, proper ducting of the radiator (new center radiator included) and all bits properly aligned. The tech article I did is here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...rsion-diy.html

The front bumper would need to be repainted by your shop, or you could have it painted ahead of time before i do the instal. OR you could buy all the parts from him and pick them up at my place and have your installer do them. Just trying to move the parts for the customer.

I also have access to a GT2 rear lid/carbon rear wing that could be had very reasonably to match it for anyone interested as well.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 12-02-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
To clarify, I do NOT own the parts in question. I can put anyone in touch with the owner to work out price on the parts. I can't speak for his asking price. Contact me offline if you want his POC info.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 AM
wheelman21 is infamous around these partswheelman21 is infamous around these parts
You have a PM!

Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Wheelman21, You have PM and email.

Mike

Old 12-02-2012, 03:35 PM
EVOL660 is infamous around these parts
Very interested, please email me at hpatel1976@gmail.com. I can't pm yet.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
EVOL660 You got email.

Mike

Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Did this conversion on my car a few weeks back, love it!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
EVOL660 is infamous around these parts
Thanks Mike, replied

Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
As many of you already know, Mikelly is one stand up knowledgable guy and boy o boy I wish I could send you my TT for this project but I can't. I would trust him in a heartbeat to do this job RIGHT.

Someone will have a very nice gift from Santa when they pull the trigger on this opportunity.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
+1 for mikelly , stand up and good guy.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the props guys. I've tried to answer all your collective questions, as well as those of members on other sites this kit is listed on. As I stated earlier, I don't own the parts, but have them at my shop. The gentleman who owns them has been responding to emails and phonecalls. Anyone who needs that POC info should contact me offline and I'll put you in contact with him directly. Anyone who is within driving distance is welcome to come see the parts in person. I'm in zipcode 22553.

Mike

Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Guys, The seller has given me the go-ahead to sell these parts on his behalf. I'll start a forsale AD.

Here are a few pics of the bumper cover:

Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 AM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
Hi Mike, Has this bumper been modified on the bottom underbelly? It looks like its been cut to match the shape of the Turbo's bumper underbelly shape so as to keep the airflow exiting under the car. The way it's cut out allows for the little airflow tray underneath to remain on the bottom of the car whereas it would have to be removed if it wasn't cut. The OEM bumper I've been working on has a different shape than the one in the picture. IDK maybe they made more than one shape? As long as the center radiator and ducting is changed over I doubt if it's an issue at all. Take a look at the pictures of the bumper I have placed next to the TT bumper. I also elected to cut mine to match the Turbo bumper and retain the airflow underneath the car by keeping the Turbo ducting from the radiator to the center inlet the same routing.

Name:  bumper compare.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  187.0 KB

Name:  cutting.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  197.9 KB

Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Sanyata, I have no knowledge of this. I'll have to go back and check my own GT2 conversion pics. The parts were delivered to me by another member who was selling them to the current owner. I'll take a look, but don't think tthe cover has been modified, as it didn't show any rough edges. Looks like an "as molded" piece.

Mike

Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
Maybe no rough edges just means they did a good job. I can't post pics right now because I'm at work but I sanded and faired my cuts so they look factory. The overriding factor is the center inlet ducting so if you change to the GT2 ducting and radiator brackets it will still function as designed with the airflow exiting through the upper grille. Anyway you cut it that''s a smokin deal as buying all the parts new would run about $7k.... GLWS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in doing a FULL GT2 Front Conversion?