996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO Silicone Boost Hose Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
EVO Silicone Boost Hose Kit

Car fund is back up - time for upgrades. Anyone using the EVO hoses have an opinion if they're worth the time and money.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:55 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
have you blown off the stock hoses? We would regularly blow the stock hoses off in the GT2. If I still had the car it would be an absolute necessity. If you haven't had any problems with the stockers then it's probably a waste.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Banned
FAT-911 is infamous around these parts
Just DO it.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Steve - thanks. The hoses have never blown off. I guess I'll wait for the first time they blow off.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:13 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
I have them after missing a track day because of the stock hoses.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
in as much most people here say great things about the EVO hoses.... I , on the other hand have had nightmare fitting issues. I have , obviously, a stock Y pipe.... but the evo hoses did not match the exactly to the slits in the y pipe. I actually spent a day filing away at the little nibbles on the metal ends of the hoses... and with the help of a porsche tech... finally put them on. Yes- they r a tighter fit... but my pair just was too tight.
If I had known... I spent 4 hours filing, running to the hardware store.... filing soem more.... and back to the gardware store...I would not have bought them.
As a matter of fact... my EVO hose blew OFF at that fitting at the Y pipe just last week(under full throttle).
maybe its just me.... I just hope they hold up.
I even called EVOMS... and they said there is no way they do not fit.... well... the stock one fit in the hole and the clamp snapped in right away... but the evo hose just did not...I couldnt get the clamp to go all the way in cause the nibble on the hose was not in the correct position.
not bashing evoms at all.. just sharing my real experience.
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 07-02-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:25 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I have had no problem with my hoses. But I have not been able to drive my car very much.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:28 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by ColorChange
I have them after missing a track day because of the stock hoses.
limp mode. been there done that

Old 07-02-2005, 11:19 PM
mpwrmodena is infamous around these parts
Im very shocked that they dont include high quility T-bolt clamps in there kit......

Old 07-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
In red - worth it. Black - over priced.

Old 07-05-2005, 03:00 AM
Silver996TT is infamous around these parts
Mine doesn't fit perfectly. I still can't get the clamp all the way in to the little holes to lock the hoses. Everytime I full throttle, hoses will blow off from Y pipe, especially the one on the right.
Mine is a also a 01 TT with about 600HP, 1.2 bar.

Originally posted by MARKSKI
in as much most people here say great things about the EVO hoses.... I , on the other hand have had nightmare fitting issues. I have , obviously, a stock Y pipe.... but the evo hoses did not match the exactly to the slits in the y pipe. I actually spent a day filing away at the little nibbles on the metal ends of the hoses... and with the help of a porsche tech... finally put them on. Yes- they r a tighter fit... but my pair just was too tight.
If I had known... I spent 4 hours filing, running to the hardware store.... filing soem more.... and back to the gardware store...I would not have bought them.
As a matter of fact... my EVO hose blew OFF at that fitting at the Y pipe just last week(under full throttle).
maybe its just me.... I just hope they hold up.
I even called EVOMS... and they said there is no way they do not fit.... well... the stock one fit in the hole and the clamp snapped in right away... but the evo hose just did not...I couldnt get the clamp to go all the way in cause the nibble on the hose was not in the correct position.
not bashing evoms at all.. just sharing my real experience.
mark

Old 07-05-2005, 05:01 AM
Kneedrager is infamous around these parts
I've got them and have had no issues with fit or blow off. Changing boost hoses can be a bit of a PIA. If the clips are not positioned correctly they can blow off. This is true for the Evo hoses or stock ones.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:02 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
I have them in red, no problems thus far and I am running the GTR kit
I believe this is a must for the high horsepower cars

Old 07-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Silver996TT
Mine doesn't fit perfectly. I still can't get the clamp all the way in to the little holes to lock the hoses. Everytime I full throttle, hoses will blow off from Y pipe, especially the one on the right.
Mine is a also a 01 TT with about 600HP, 1.2 bar.
Looks like Im not the only one... maybe its a '01 tt issue.
I actually took the stock hose and compared it to the evo hoses... i noticed that the metal nibbles on the evo hoses were NOT in the same position and were stightly longer. Thats why they dont fit.
I retro fitted the stock hose just out of curiosity.
the stock hose goes in and the clip fits right in.
U have to file the nibbles OFF about 2 mm.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MARKSKI
Looks like Im not the only one... maybe its a '01 tt issue.
I actually took the stock hose and compared it to the evo hoses... i noticed that the metal nibbles on the evo hoses were NOT in the same position and were stightly longer. Thats why they dont fit.
I retro fitted the stock hose just out of curiosity.
the stock hose goes in and the clip fits right in.
U have to file the nibbles OFF about 2 mm.
We have seen this a time or two. Our CNC machined billet aluminum ends are a much more precise fit and are kept to very tight tolerances. Occasionally the OEM castings can be a little off which prevents them from fitting in all the way into the Y-Pipe. We make them as tight as possible which eliminates them from leaking under higher boost levels. Let me know if your problem has been solved, or need further assistance. Todd

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO Silicone Boost Hose Kit