996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bought my first Porsche for my 28th Birthday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:53 AM
yjm308 is infamous around these partsyjm308 is infamous around these parts
Happy Birthday and congrats. I just purchased my first Porsche and I am hooked too.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 AM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Best birthday gift ever enjoy in good health !!!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Fullthrottleguy is infamous around these parts
One more Day!

Thanks Guys,
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning!
I didn't end up getting a PPI; I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do. But I did search extensivly online for things to check out on the car and It passed my mechanical inspection. (former mechanic, mechanical engineer and certified car nut) There was litterly a line of people trying to get this car from Legendary Motor Car because of the price and I had to act fast. Given the reputation of the dealer, the condition of the car and my observations I feel confident in my purchase.

Congrats to the others that recently got their new Porsche!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 AM
First impressions of owning a 911 Turbo.

Well... I got my dream car yesterday.
I love how this thing drives!

I spent half the day taking people out for rides and then most of the evening going over the car top to bottom. I'm impressed with the condition - there is no way it's seen canadian winter in the past.

The car is damn fast. Faster than i thought it would be. In looking it over I confirmed some of the mods its had done (from reading on here these are also the mods i would have wanted to do myself).

- lowered
- clear turn signals
- upgraded shifter
- EVOMS cold air intake

Plus from what I can gather it has the full EVOMS.com stage 1 upgrade kit. It pulls a consistant 1 bar of boost and can sometimes reach 1.1 for a second or two. 500HP - nice!

I know the stock boost is .7bar - so it must have the upgrade.

The car rides a tad rough, but otherwise it seems to break the laws of physics when it comes to its ability to change direction at will.

It also ended up coming with two keys, the complete owner's manual package with all original books as well as the original window sticker. Which the salesman didn't think they had at the time. That's a plus!

Anyone know what a car with this basic tune will do performance wise?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!!! we just did a EVOMSit on our Cutsomers car and he loves it!

Do you know how it is Lowered?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fullthrottleguy
Well... I got my dream car yesterday.
I love how this thing drives!

I spent half the day taking people out for rides and then most of the evening going over the car top to bottom. I'm impressed with the condition - there is no way it's seen canadian winter in the past.

The car is damn fast. Faster than i thought it would be. In looking it over I confirmed some of the mods its had done (from reading on here these are also the mods i would have wanted to do myself).

- lowered
- clear turn signals
- upgraded shifter
- EVOMS cold air intake

Plus from what I can gather it has the full EVOMS.com stage 1 upgrade kit. It pulls a consistant 1 bar of boost and can sometimes reach 1.1 for a second or two. 500HP - nice!

I know the stock boost is .7bar - so it must have the upgrade.

The car rides a tad rough, but otherwise it seems to break the laws of physics when it comes to its ability to change direction at will.

It also ended up coming with two keys, the complete owner's manual package with all original books as well as the original window sticker. Which the salesman didn't think they had at the time. That's a plus!

Anyone know what a car with this basic tune will do performance wise?
Performance wise? 60-130? 1/4 mile or Mosport?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
My car with a tune from Marco made 418whp and 470ft/lbs on AWD dynojet no other mods. 1/4 mile with a descent launch should be 11.5-11.9 all things considered?

Last edited by King James; 12-07-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
timbit x is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the purchase!

Another wuss not driving in winter (hardly rain) in the GTA.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure how its lowered - looking at this is on my "to do" list for this weekend.

Seeing how i have no records for the car I was thinking I should just go ahead and change the oil, cabin air filter, clean the CAI filter and do a set of plugs. The belts and hoses look as good as new.

Anyone know how horrible are the spark plugs to change on these things?

I was asking about 1/4 mile time only because its a number relivent to me. I've done track days at all the local drag strips in the past with various vehicles so its something I can gauge well.

I've also done some lapping days at the mosport DDT track (the little one), at Cayuga and at Dunnville when it was still open. Had alot of fun - but I have no idea what a good time is.

Cheers.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Zook@SCB
Congrats!!! we just did a EVOMSit on our Cutsomers car and he loves it!

Do you know how it is Lowered?

Zook - I see you guys are an Authourized Dealer for EVOMS, and the only one in Ontario at that. Can you confrim if the stage 1 kit requires/includes new billet diverter valves? I know when I had my Audi chipped years back it was recommended that it be ugraded too - so i did (I believe it's even the same part). If i send you the VIN # can you somehow pull up a record for what was done?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
Zook - I see you guys are an Authourized Dealer for EVOMS, and the only one in Ontario at that. Can you confrim if the stage 1 kit requires/includes new billet diverter valves? I know when I had my Audi chipped years back it was recommended that it be ugraded too - so i did (I believe it's even the same part). If i send you the VIN # can you somehow pull up a record for what was done?
Yes that we are. Sent you PM

Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Zook@SCB
Yes that we are. Sent you PM
Got the PM. Unfortuantely the site won't let me respond until my post count it higher. I'll call it in to your shop. Who am i asking for?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Banned
Got the PM. Unfortuantely the site won't let me respond until my post count it higher. I'll call it in to your shop. Who am i asking for?
just ask for me "Zook"

Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Congrats, I bought my Turbo for my 27th birthday last year.

The spark plugs aren't hard. You just lower the motor a few inches with a jack in the center and can reach all of them pretty easily. I did mine on my own pretty easily.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
With the stage 1 if your driving skills are good you should bet a 11.40-11.50 at 119-122. If you do a boost controller and a few tricks 11.1 at 126-127 with a good R888 tire.
Pm me if you ever need more info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bought my first Porsche for my 28th Birthday.