996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bought my first Porsche for my 28th Birthday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Fullthrottleguy is infamous around these parts
Smile Bought my first Porsche for my 28th Birthday.

Hello All,
Last week I purchased my first porsche and will ironically be getting it on my 28th birthday in two days. I'm very excited.

The car is a 2001 996 TT, 6-speed, silver on black leather. It is very clean and has 118k (74,000 miles). The car was imported from Texas into Ontario in 2009.

I've been wanting a porsche for 3-4 years and have researched the 996 C4s extensivly as this was the car i wanted within in my price range and had previously test drove a few. The years have passed and the prices fallen; I saw this turbo for sale last week and had to jump on it.

I looked at the car on a hoist and drove it for 20 min - I was hooked.

It appears to have a cold air intake and perhaps a short shifter. Unfortunately it didn't have an maintance records with it but I did scower this site prior to buying it and looked for signs of the issues known with these cars.

Does anyone know the car?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM
polar3 is infamous around these partspolar3 is infamous around these parts
Congrats bud! Good to see another Toronto turbo owner on this site. I actually told my buddy to buy this car but he's too late now lol

Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, just bought mine last week before my 35th birthday. This is my second porsche though. Got pics?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys,
Its nice to see some other 996 TT guys in the GTA.
I'll be selling my tired old Audi and daily driving this year round.

Do you guys drive your turbos in the winter?

Here is a picture of it from the add. I'll have more than i know what to do with once i get it on thursday.

Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
congrats! she looks like a beauty

Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
I have been driving mine. I don't have winter tires but my buddy at Pfaff has been bugging me to buy some. I saw that car on trader, seems like that place sells a few with that same background (stone garage), must be a dealer is it?

If you wanna get it chipped and dynoed Marco at Magnus is the guy, has in house AWD dynojet. Does all exotics and 1400hp dsm's.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!!! there are lots of Turbo Owners in the GTA.
Lots of P-Car owners in teh GTA that Winter Driver.
I drive mine in the Winter and our Shop Project a Cayman R is also being Winter Driven

Last edited by UrbanHotrod; 12-05-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Fullthrottleguy Congrats on the Birthday Present !! It looks like you won't have to exchange this gift. Can't wait to see some pictures

Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by King James
I have been driving mine. I don't have winter tires but my buddy at Pfaff has been bugging me to buy some. I saw that car on trader, seems like that place sells a few with that same background (stone garage), must be a dealer is it?

If you wanna get it chipped and dynoed Marco at Magnus is the guy, has in house AWD dynojet. Does all exotics and 1400hp dsm's.

Right on - So i'm not the only "crazy" one daily driving such a beauty in the canadian winter. This car came with good snows so i'm set for this season. Unfortunately... this is all it came with so I'll have to source some new rubber come spring.

I'm familuar with both the name Magnus and Marco back from my days of modified RX-7's; although i never visiting the shop personally. Is his tuning of the stock ECU better than a competitior's flash? How about the price?

Once I get it i'll really have to go over it; with a few small mods already done it's possible that it's chipped too. Seems damn fast to me.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Looks great! Congratulations, and best of luck enjoying your new ride!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fullthrottleguy
Right on - So i'm not the only "crazy" one daily driving such a beauty in the canadian winter. This car came with good snows so i'm set for this season. Unfortunately... this is all it came with so I'll have to source some new rubber come spring.

I'm familuar with both the name Magnus and Marco back from my days of modified RX-7's; although i never visiting the shop personally. Is his tuning of the stock ECU better than a competitior's flash? How about the price?

Once I get it i'll really have to go over it; with a few small mods already done it's possible that it's chipped too. Seems damn fast to me.
Congrats!

You guys make me feel like a wuss. I won't even drive mine if there is a slight chance of rain. Makes me want to drive it more often.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
That was the one from Legendary Motorcar right? Congrats on the purchase and have fun!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome to the Porsche world! I'm sure you will enjoy every second in it. Use the Venders for all types of Mods you will find that this forum is very very Bad and you will be bitten by the Mod Bug very soon.

Congrats and PM me if you have any questions about venders be very happy to guide you.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
congrats

did you get a ppi ?

Old 12-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Congratulations, and Happy Birthday to you! This will be a memorable birthday indeed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bought my first Porsche for my 28th Birthday.