996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I am weak, I am so badly wanting one. Ultima GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
I am weak, I am so badly wanting one. Ultima GTR

OK OK I need help, I am just about to give in to the dark side of the force and buy a new car / Project. Like I need another one of those --> Like a hole in the head....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...xfordy_(7).jpg

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=gtrintro

Mmmm I am so weak, already filled out the order form.

What to do!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a blast !!

Nothing like building a car with no rules but your own. I have often thought about a kit car.

Good luck

Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM
quick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the rough
Forget those silly UK kits! It's an answer in search of a question. If you really must build a kit car why not build one of these:

http://www.race-car-replicas.com/rcr917.html

Or even better, one of Andrew Keiller's replicas. I was privileged to sit in his first US import as he was delivering to an East Coast customer. He and his crew stopped by Motorsports Ranch in Cresson Tx at a DE event to show it off a bit. In a word, INCREDIBLE! Accurate down to the last detail except modern brakes and engine.

http://www.werkzcars.com/917.html

You're not going to find a more hairy chested manly toy than this.

Cheers
Mikey

Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
My reason is simple and a little story for clarity... I am not really a Porsche fan Per say... I am a performance and reliability fan. What a normal porsche is, is a very potent car; super car performance with almost VW reliability and comfort...

Now the cars you link are nice classic replicas but if you point at the score board the Ultima kicks there perverbial ****'s around the track; proven by its very substantial record list.

Originally Posted by quick968
Forget those silly UK kits! It's an answer in search of a question. If you really must build a kit car why not build one of these:

http://www.race-car-replicas.com/rcr917.html

Or even better, one of Andrew Keiller's replicas. I was privileged to sit in his first US import as he was delivering to an East Coast customer. He and his crew stopped by Motorsports Ranch in Cresson Tx at a DE event to show it off a bit. In a word, INCREDIBLE! Accurate down to the last detail except modern brakes and engine.

http://www.werkzcars.com/917.html

You're not going to find a more hairy chested manly toy than this.

Cheers
Mikey

Old 12-11-2012, 02:31 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Wish I had your kind of problems............looks like fun man!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Just go for it,,You only live once...

Old 12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Of course if you are looking for power (performance) versus weight, sky is the limit!!!! Go for it engine guy!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by jpflip
Of course if you are looking for power (performance) versus weight, sky is the limit!!!! Go for it engine guy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAVagNqaT7I
Yeah I already talked to Tom about the engine I want, actually Tom at NRE is where I got the idea from for doing a Ultima GTR. I would do about a 8 to 900hp 460ci LSX blocked normally aspirated alien motor just to keep the car track friendly.

I posted that exact same video on here a while back, from what I have heard that Black Falcon car has made a few appearances but for the most part it has not been seen after that.

I have been researching this for some time now. I kind of wish I never did buy my Porsche but pulled the trigger on one of these instead. Oh well maybe this way I can still enjoy the Porsche and build at the same time then when I am done building then one can decide what to do.

Last edited by Engine Guy; 12-11-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
Yeah I already talked to Tom about the engine I want seeing how he is a friend of mine, actually Tom at NRE is where I got the idea from for doing a Ultima GTR. I would do about a 8 to 900hp 460ci LSX blocked normally aspirated alien motor just to keep the car track friendly.

I posted that exact same video on here a while back, from what I have heard that Black Falcon car has made a few appearances but for the most part it has not been seen after that.

I have been researching this for some time now. I kind of wish I never did buy my Porsche but pulled the trigger on one of these instead. Oh well maybe this way I can still enjoy the Porsche and build at the same time then when I am done building then one can decide what to do.

You need a car for the kids, wife, groceries and it can be the Porsche and the GTR for the adrenaline rush

Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future
My buddy has one with just under 800 hp. Its a few years old and has less than 1000 miles as he claims its just to raw to enjoy. He ran a few track events with it and was passing z06's and vipers like they were standing still but it has no nannies to reel him.

While he has no intention of selling it, he also told me he has no intentions to drive it more than a few times a year. Not sure what your intentions are, but thought I'd mention his experience.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by 03 996tt
My buddy has one with just under 800 hp. Its a few years old and has less than 1000 miles as he claims its just to raw to enjoy. He ran a few track events with it and was passing z06's and vipers like they were standing still but it has no nannies to reel him.

While he has no intention of selling it, he also told me he has no intentions to drive it more than a few times a year. Not sure what your intentions are, but thought I'd mention his experience.

You can keep the nannies with all there intervention, the ones on my 911 really P me off even running in background mode.

My 911 has been turned into something less then soothing. It has a moderately loud exhaust but the suspension is not the marshmellow uncontrolled stock stuff. Running full rod ends, monoballs and Ohlins dampers has transformed the car into a make you giggle missle; but it has come at expense of some rough road comfort. On smooth roads you could not even notice, but on our rough Canadian fun roads you do get air time every now and then.

I would want the car for just a make me grin fun time machine.

Last edited by Engine Guy; 12-11-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 PM
TTZ06 is infamous around these parts
Definitely go for it man.. Idk if I would go with that much power, but somewhere in the 600-700hp range would still make this car an absolute monster on the street/strip/track and let it be a bit more friendly on a street drive. Can always add power if it's not enough. I have a Noble m400 that puts down 560 to the wheels and it's a handful to drive sometimes but it's also the single most fun vehicle I've ever owned. The Noble isn't nearly as hardcore as the Ultima is weight or what kind of power you suggested and is still a bit difficult at times. That's where my suggestion came from. Best of luck to you and if you do buy one I know you won't regret it or regret going with NRE, they're without question some of the best in the biz.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
RennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of light
I have built a few of these kits for customers, and have a friend(Don Kahn) who owns one that I've worked on quite a bit. IIRC it was the original chassis that Motor Trend purchased, built, and did an article on. He's raced it a few times on the One Lap of America event with us.

Cars are fun. Chassis is super tight and grips well in the corners. Get's very light up in the front end and twitchy above ~140mph though. Need's suspension geometry refinement up front for stability(caster changes mostly)

Few things that need to be done to them to make them reliable and tolerable to drive in temps above 70F. They can get a weee bit warm in the cabin

-Adam

Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM
RennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TTZ06
Definitely go for it man.. Idk if I would go with that much power, but somewhere in the 600-700hp range would still make this car an absolute monster on the street/strip/track and let it be a bit more friendly on a street drive. Can always add power if it's not enough. I have a Noble m400 that puts down 560 to the wheels and it's a handful to drive sometimes but it's also the single most fun vehicle I've ever owned. The Noble isn't nearly as hardcore as the Ultima is weight or what kind of power you suggested and is still a bit difficult at times. That's where my suggestion came from. Best of luck to you and if you do buy one I know you won't regret it or regret going with NRE, they're without question some of the best in the biz.
An ultima with 600-700 Hp would still be a serious handfull without REALLY good dampeners(Penske, Moton, etc) and some changes made to the suspension. These cars weigh just over a ton and a mere 400hp makes them check out really quick.

I actually have a wrecked 2011 CTSV wagon here at the shop with the LSA engine in it that I'm trying to sell off the entire car as a donor for a kit car guy(either and Ultima GT or a FF GTM). That supercharged motor in the GTR chassis would be a perfect marriage if such a thing exists! :lol

Last edited by RennFab; 12-11-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Wow...never seen those WerkzCars before...this thread delivers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am weak, I am so badly wanting one. Ultima GTR