996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Invitational Spring 2013 Airfield Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM
jrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mullet
just to clairfy Bill owns a grey SL that looks just like mine. He also owns the orange G.
I can never tell them apart either, you need to put some mirror tint or something on your car.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Looks like lambo hunting actually does exist. You just need a home built thirty year old air cooled beetle to hunt with.

Let's hope Eddie's month keeps getting better and he beats Mayhem to the punch to become the first 8 second Porsche.

It seems amazing that 8 ugr cars running without problems all weekend, and even winning KOTS for the third time, can be upstaged by that little white Porsche. Crazy. Great to see all the good sportsmanship and comradery.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=AudiBull;

Let's hope Eddie's month keeps getting better and he beats Mayhem to the punch to become the first 8 second Porsche.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity which Porsche is that? Bello had the 1/4 Mile record with a 9.16 and a few weeks ago went 9.15 is anyone else close to that? I need to update my library

Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jrod
I can never tell them apart either, you need to put some mirror tint or something on your car.
Bill is going to put a pink stripe on his.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM
WilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud ofWilliamP997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tito
Out of curiosity which Porsche is that? Bello had the 1/4 Mile record with a 9.16 and a few weeks ago went 9.15 is anyone else close to that? I need to update my library
How much does Bello's car weigh? Anyone know? Its crazy fast just wondering what the power to weight ratio is to run those speeds.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i think Bill owns that orange TTG

here is Eddie vs Mullet

Mullet TTG "R" vs Eddie B Porsche - YouTube
Hmm ok , so why does he always bring in tag to drive his cars?

Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM
ZO6ER is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Hmm ok , so why does he always bring in tag to drive his cars?

Why does it matter? the Stig has driven for Bill for a long time. I don't think they need to explain on why they have that relationship, people just respect that. It is what it is. Just watch the videos and congratulate the ones involved.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZO6ER
Why does it matter? the Stig has driven for Bill for a long time. I don't think they need to explain on why they have that relationship, people just respect that. It is what it is. Just watch the videos and congratulate the ones involved.
Agree, maybe he enjoys building them, owning them and an occasional blast down a runway. No big deal.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Bill is a great guy and an avid car enthusiasts so we should feel lucky he spends his money on cars for us to enjoy. Also, he is very forth coming about all the cars he builds and helps all those who needs help. I am hoping he will build a 2000 hp Aventador!
Robert

Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Bill is a great guy and an avid car enthusiasts so we should feel lucky he spends his money on cars for us to enjoy. Also, he is very forth coming about all the cars he builds and helps all those who needs help. I am hoping he will build a 2000 hp Aventador!
Robert
You must be talking about another Bill.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WilliamP997
How much does Bello's car weigh? Anyone know? Its crazy fast just wondering what the power to weight ratio is to run those speeds.

3250 from what I remember

Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tito

3250 from what i remember
impossible!!!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Bello said it is 2900

Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mullet
Bello said it is 2900
Thank you for the correction!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MCGT3
Great event.

It was great to see EB & Mullet finally get to run, as well as everybody else.

One of the guys right up at the back of Eddies car when it broke was Mullet, encouraging him to get it back together and run in the 6 speed.

As BHT said, both guys are true enthusiasts and all around good guys.

Thanks to BHT for pushing me to make the event even after I had some car issues - Todd is the man.

If you've not made this event - you need to do it. Well worth it.
Mullet is a cool guy, even with his hippie hair style

Eddie was by far the crowd favorite, working hard all weekend and giving it 110% to put on a good show for the crowd (they clapped every time he won). TI keeps on getting better and better, with the field of cars out there competing, and even better, the quality of the racers and their guests. Minus a tan that I don't really need, I had a great time out there.

And I happened to sneak this pic of Eddie and Mullet talking after their race Sunday.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Texas Invitational Spring 2013 Airfield Event