996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

upper center console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 08:51 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
upper center console

Anyone remove the upper center console on their TT??? I imagine it's the same process for the GT3. Just looking for an idea on where to start to remove it. I know there are two screws from looking at my delete kit...Thanks in advance. I posted on GT3 board, but it's a bit quite over there so I am looking for any tips before I delve into the unknown tonight...

Old 10-28-2003, 08:59 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Are you talking about the horseshoe that houses the center vents/buttons on either side of the A/C radio? Or the piece in front of the shifter that houses the C/D holder and storage bin?

The horseshoe just snaps off. Just ply it off with a putty knife.

The other piece is screwed in and the screws can be accessed by removing the two leather/vinyl pieces on the side. They are held in with 3 snaps and can be pulled off by hand.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:20 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
ESK: It's the piece in front of the shifter that houses the C/D holder and storage bin...

Old 10-28-2003, 10:43 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Rockit - the two leater pieces on the side of that thing snap off (three clips on each). After that, if I remeber there are 2-3 screws on each side and the whole 'block' slides right out
Hope this helps

Old 10-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks Mansour!!! That does'nt sound too bad at all...

Old 10-28-2003, 06:37 PM
2kuhl is infamous around these parts
piece of cake

Just pull off the leather side pieces. They snap in. Pull from the front edge (edge facing the footwells). Once off, the center console pieces pull straight out (no screws to deal with). Don't be afraid to tug on them they are clearance fitted. I pulled mine out last weekend to install V1 remote in bottom console. No problem.

Old 10-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Well the operation was a success last night. A little more involved than planned. Had to be able to raise the entire center console 5 inches in order to slide the delete package carpeted piece into place. Fortunately it was not necessary to remove the shift **** or disconnect wire harnesses in the ashtray compartment. Looks great and no more console digging into the side of my right shin. It also allows greater freedom of movement for the pedal dance on the brake and gas. I will be posting my pics with detailed instructions and schematic for guidence hopefully tonight. The only bummer about this is that I am running out of mods to do with my GT3. Any idea's???

Old 10-29-2003, 07:17 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
delete your AC

Old 10-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 20C4S
delete your AC
Guess the radio/cd and speakers should go too. Never listen to the stereo while driving...Too distracting!!!

I will keep the speakers covers to cover up the gaping holes left by the speaker delete program....