996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Can't Clear codes; can't start car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Can't Clear codes; can't start car

Last week while driving my car just totally stopped running.

I bought a Durametric and have pulled codes from the car. But I can't clear them. When I hit clear codes they don't go away.

Here's what the codes are:

DME: CAN message missing
ABS/PSM 5.7Module Identification

DME control unit
Instrument Cluster K21Module Identification

Automatic Air Conditioning H01
Current Fault Codes
35:
Instrument cluster signal fault (see instr. cluster fault mem.)

I disconnected battery and let sit for 30 minutes and the car ran for about 3 minutes tonight. Then I had an ABS failure light come on and then this Failure Indicator Light.

I'm very frustrated.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
No Thoughts?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
First of all, chack your battery voltage and recharge it. The combination you have there is a heavy one, almost seems like total failure of CANbus system...but low bettery can explain it. The next ones are faulty wiring and damaged Motronic...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
What was done on the car lately? Was there any job done in the dash area. Radio installation, etc. There seems to be lack of communications with the instrument cluster. Also, are you using the latest Durametric software 6.3.1.5? If you are using 6 download the latest version of 5.1.3 and try again. I had problems with version 6 and sometimes I revert back to 5.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
HIX
JP, good advice on version 6. I don't know about version 5, but the Durametric doesn't seem to be working well. I will do what you said and try again.

No work done on dash or anywhere in the care lately. Only thing I did was replace light bulbs in the dome light last month. Car drove fine.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Suggestion of Peter is a good one also. Battery voltage can be a factor.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM
The first two fault are related to signal from the DME. Any water infiltration? I think you will have to look at the DME for a loose connector. It is located behind the rear seats....

Attached Images   

Last edited by jpflip; 01-15-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Just realized your car is flash. Any problem lately with your car general performance....

Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
HIX
No Performance has been great. This did happen as I was driving 'briskly' on a mountain road. Car was being pushed pretty hard. But performance has not been abnormal or odd at all lately.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM
I am wondering about a corrupt file....

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
HIX
Took out my Optima red top and took it to get tested. They show that it is bad and are going to work on rebuilding it?? (Never heard of that before, but I trust this guy).

So I will report back tomorrow once I get the fresh battery in the car.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by HIX
Took out my Optima red top and took it to get tested. They show that it is bad and are going to work on rebuilding it?? (Never heard of that before, but I trust this guy).

Sounds like a good news...Peter was right!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM
OptimaJim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HIX

You probably mis-heard him, as I don't know of anyone credible who could claim they are going to "rebuild" our batteries. Many of the "bad" batteries returned to us under warranty are just deeply-discharged and work fine, when properly-recharged. It is possible he is just charging the battery back up. I would be interested in hearing the outcome of this.

Jim

Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
greaneto is infamous around these parts
There seems to be lack of communications with the instrument cluster.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
mt10argyll is infamous around these parts
You should check the output of the Alternator

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't Clear codes; can't start car