996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

gt-2 slave conversion hydraulic line (not the normal question)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM
forcefed1 is infamous around these parts
gt-2 slave conversion hydraulic line (not the normal question)

Im doing the GT-2 slave conversion on my TT. I bought all the stock components and since I have a CNC machine shop I made the bracket.

My new slave cylinder rubber line is not connecting to the fitting on the green line in the car.

the stock green line in the car has a threaded male end. The line I bought from pelican has a male swage like tube fitting with a single barb and no threads. How do i seperate the coupler from the stock line on the TT slave. It has some sort of black clip holding it all together. Im afraid to pry on it all too hard and damage the black clip inside the stock TT line
do i neet to buy something else to couple the lines?
is there special tool?

Last edited by forcefed1; 01-14-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:07 AM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forcefed1
Im doing the GT-2 slave conversion on my TT. I bought all the stock components and since I have a CNC machine shop I made the bracket.

My new slave cylinder rubber line is not connecting to the fitting on the green line in the car.

the stock green line in the car has a threaded male end. The line I bought from pelican has a male swage like tube fitting with a single barb and no threads. How do i seperate the coupler from the stock line on the TT slave. It has some sort of black clip holding it all together. Im afraid to pry on it all too hard and damage the black clip inside the stock TT line
do i neet to buy something else to couple the lines?
is there special tool?
Have a hydraulic shop cut the barb that's clamping the hose over the fitting. Then everything should fall apart, and you can assemble it on a fresh piece of hose.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
forcefed1 is infamous around these parts
What I actually ended up doing was taking a hack saw and cutting the fitting just between the hose and the female swivel connector(brass) this allowed the connector to fall off and the black clip to be reused on my new hose.

Also with the bracket I made moving the slave back a little. I needed a longer rod. The other posts show guys welding halves together. I turned one on the lathe about one inch longer than stock from 304 Stainless Steel. It worked like a charm and the clutch engage point is right in the middle of travel. Feels great too.
for all the guys saying the pedal gets heavy. Id say it feels just like every other after market clutch I have ever had.