996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Mile: Spring 2013 updates and info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:40 PM
MCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud of
Done for this event. Inflated tires up to 40 psi for last run and car started sliding around at 215...

Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MCGT3
Done for this event. Inflated tires up to 40 psi for last run and car started sliding around at 215...
Step away from the chalupa Mike, I want to keep my friends around a little longer great job this weekend

Old 03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
ouuu... can i come to ?
only if u bring the chick in your avatar with u

Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MCGT3
Absolutely great job both you and Todd.You guys will get it next time

Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
only if u bring the chick in your avatar with u
I'm good with that! Or her twin sister!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:04 PM
HennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to behold
This is a "general" Texas Mile thread and i thought it was relevant considering that would have been the fastest half mile time out of any car at the mile this weekend race car or not.The Ford GT "racecar" that went in the 260's ran 217 at the half fyi.Just thought everybody would like to know.
Yeah, I always find it funny how the slower guys refer to the faster guys as having some sort of an "unfair advantage" because their "street car" got beat by a "race car". I dont know anything about the 217 mph half mile Porsche in Qatar. But anyone who has been to the Texas Mile knows the difference between race cars and street cars that are running there. Most cars running at the Texas Mile are street cars. And as they have increased in speed, they have had to add the required safety equipment to meet tech.

Mark's 267.6 mph Texas Mile record holding Ford GT (set record in 81F no tail wind conditions) is licensed, insured and state inspected. It has a full interior, AC, stereo, etc. He has added a full cage, parachute, etc. as required by the rules. And just like the other Porsche guys who are running 200+ in the mile, he is making big power through a factory motor and transmission via a well engineered series of mods. Obviously, the results speak for themselves. And if anyone can come out and beat his number, I will be the first to congratulate them, regardless if they did it with a "race car" or "street car".

Last edited by HennesseyPerformance; 03-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
MCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HennesseyPerformance

Yeah, I always find it funny how the slower guys refer to the faster guys as having some sort of an "unfair advantage" because their "street car" got beat by a "race car". I dont know anything about the 217 mph half mile Porsche in Qatar. But anyone who has been to the Texas Mile knows the difference between race cars and street cars that are running there. Most cars running at the Texas Mile are street cars. And as they have increased in speed, they have had to add the required safety equipment to meet tech.

Mark's 267.6 mph Texas Mile record holding Ford GT (set record in 81F no tail wind conditions) is licensed, insured and state inspected. It has a full interior, AC, stereo, etc. He has added a full cage, parachute, etc. as required by the rules. And just like the other Porsche guys who are running 200+ in the mile, he is making big power through a factory motor and transmission via a well engineered series of mods. Obviously, the results speak for themselves. And if anyone can come out and beat his number, I will be the first to congratulate them, regardless if they did it with a "race car" or "street car".
Nothing but tons of respect for the Ford GT and Mark's team. I live in his neighborhood, when I see him start driving it to Whole Foods or ANYWHERE other than speed events, I'll call it a street car. Sure, if you want to argue semantics; it's a street car as it is registered and has a plate. I pick my kid up from school in mine....

Old 03-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by HennesseyPerformance

Lol if you think i was putting the ford Gt down i wasnt i was only using it as an example .i have alot of respect for the time, effort, risk,and money that goes into such an achievement.The Porsche i was referring to( that someone else called a racecar ) is as much of a racecar as the Ford gt that ran 267 and yes they are equipped about the same and yes they are racecars in my book. Sorry. No one was putting that Ford Gt down so dont get your panties in a bunch. BTw i went 231 four years ago in a real street car that was faster than anything you built at the time . Just sayin

Old 03-24-2013, 03:05 PM
lol if you think i was putting the ford gt down i wasnt i was only using it as an example .i have alot of respect for the time, effort, risk,and money that goes into such an achievement.the porsche i was referring to( that someone else called a racecar ) is as much of a racecar as the ford gt that ran 267 and yes they are equipped about the same and yes they are racecars in my book. Sorry. No one was putting that ford gt down so dont get your panties in a bunch. Btw i went 231 four years ago in a real street car that was faster than anything you built at the time . Just sayin
^^this^^

Old 03-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Great news,and absolutely about the cage.I think im gonna bite the bullet and put one in my car!
Plus one on that.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
It was great to meet Mike, Stacy, Todd and Ben. Always Good to see John from Evoms.. Lots of fun and good laughs had. I will be back with my turd in October.. Bet I will get the race car comments as I will have a cage in her when I return. I really like this field over the other one that I ran on in 07. the 3/4 run off is a lot better then the 1/2 mile one of the old strip.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
The Porsche i was referring to( that someone else called a racecar ) is as much of a racecar as the Ford gt that ran 267 and yes they are equipped about the same and yes they are racecars in my book.
Hey... that Porsche you're referring to is the very same car I took with James the last time I was out there to grab some Tacos and water in... Race cars can't do that...

Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo

Step away from the chalupa Mike, I want to keep my friends around a little longer great job this weekend
Great weekend and great job Todd. You kept pushing through and put up a fantastic number! Your car has more in it, I'm wrung out. October will be here before you know it.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Top 996 of the weekend: Good job Mike. I was lucky enough to snap this one pic as you flew by!

Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Would have loved to see Tims red rocket show up there.
I believe he would have put down some very good numbers to add to our rep.
Hope he gets it sorted out by next event.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile: Spring 2013 updates and info