996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

M5 and M6 MotoGP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM
I couldn't agree more, when I see a 645 coupe driving I think that car is awesome!! Has serious presense if you ask me...... The 5 has also grown on me a ton. Love both the M5 and M6!!

Lou
Same here!! I love the new 5 and the new 6.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:25 PM
tri7even is infamous around these parts
those pics were taken in the paddock. ruben xaus (racer) started them up so we can hear them...they were a bit too raspy for my taste, other than that they were really really nice!

as for the traffic, it was total kaos! same goes for parking. on saturday, we gave up and offered one of the volunteers $40 to let us park...no doubt it worked! if motogp comes back to america, they need to organize the parking as well as the trafficking. you waste a good 60-90min alone find a parking spot.

Last edited by tri7even; 07-12-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:25 PM
lcheng is infamous around these parts
has anybody test driven the new M5 or M6? picked up my CLS55 AMG on Friday , I must say compare to my TT GT640 the AMG felt considerably slower in terms of straight line acceleration. Don't know why I keep hearing people on the board say the E55 is faster, there is absolutely no comparison. I assume M5 & M6 is not much faster than their AMG competitors.
Lawrence

Old 07-12-2005, 11:49 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by tri7even
those pics were taken in the paddock. ruben xaus (racer) started them up so we can hear them...they were a bit too raspy for my taste, other than that they were really really nice!

as for the traffic, it was total kaos! same goes for parking. on saturday, we gave up and offered one of the volunteers $40 to let us park...no doubt it worked! if motogp comes back to america, they need to organize the parking as well as the trafficking. you waste a good 60-90min alone find a parking spot.
shame we missed seeing the M cars up close...still amazing seeing them out on the track though. As for the parking I agree. You'd think with the turnout they expected it would have been more organized than a few cops just outside the entrance. Listening to my scanner in the car we heard even the police were stuck in traffic. Luckily we parked within a few hundred feet of the bottom of the mountain...just a bit of rally action with ivan scouting a path and we made it to the group of cars actually moving....just short of the fork in the paved road. This was leaving after 4:30 too! Felt bad for the ppl at the top just east of the corkscrew who had already been waiting 2 hrs in their car when we headed out to leave.

Did anyone here have pit access...lets see some of those photos

Old 07-13-2005, 01:49 AM
tri7even is infamous around these parts
i didnt get to go in the pits. but i was able to sneak into the motogp trailer camp area (right behind the pits) where i met xaus, hayden, hopper, edwards, gibernau and capirossi (he was extremely short!). rossi always had an entourage with him and extremely hard to get to!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.