996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Compliments on these cars come in the funniest places

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:22 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
Compliments on these cars come in the funniest places

We were coming back to SF from a day in Healdsburg, CA. Top down, cruising at a decent clip in the 996 TT Cab.

Two gang banger types pass me on the left doing about 90, blowing a big cloud of marijuana smoke into our car, the passenger giving me a big thumbs up out the window.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
what great lookin car

a few years ago we went to my wifes class reunion. some woman came up to me and told me what a great looking car we had . then she asked year carmen g it was

Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
BOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to behold
On the rare days I take my car to pick up my kids at school, I have a bunch of random elementary school kids comment on it and give me various signs of approval.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
That is part of the Porsche experience in which happens alot..Most people,non-Porsche ones, dont know the models and years of Porsches.
Our cars still and will look good for many more years down the road..

Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Ha.. I had two Betty white looking old ladies at a light tell me "that's a beautiful Porsche " lol I was dumb founded..

Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 PM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
I'm pretty involved with various car scenes, most of which arn't exotic shows. I go to stance/performance/drift/track meets a lot and I get a lot of approval from people.

I actually got a lot more people asking/commenting on my Aston Martin when I had it.. The gt2 is a lot more of a sleeper, and I've only gotten a couple as apposed to the daily comment from the Aston.. I love how non-car-people just think its another porsche. I'm not a big fan of attention.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 AM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aggk
We were coming back to SF from a day in Healdsburg, CA. Top down, cruising at a decent clip in the 996 TT Cab.

Two gang banger types pass me on the left doing about 90, blowing a big cloud of marijuana smoke into our car, the passenger giving me a big thumbs up out the window.
lol that was pretty much the way my first really enthusiastic thumbs up came from. Guy in the city totally tweaking out loooved it. So did the "homeless" guy with the nice shoes asking for money at a local traffic congestion spot

Old 01-28-2013, 06:19 AM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBH
lol that was pretty much the way my first really enthusiastic thumbs up came from. Guy in the city totally tweaking out loooved it. So did the "homeless" guy with the nice shoes asking for money at a local traffic congestion spot
Ugh. We have so many "homeless" people here. Makes me want to stand out there with a piece of cardboard to see how much I can make

Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TabooPc
Ugh. We have so many "homeless" people here. Makes me want to stand out there with a piece of cardboard to see how much I can make
Says the guy with a GT2 and Aston Martin.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by leftlane
Says the guy with a GT2 and Aston Martin.
It would be a fun experiment, at the least.

No but really, seattle is really good to the homeless, we have countless shelters and lots of support for them. Nobody wants to be homeless, but theres been an extreme increase in the "Homeless" lately, and I think its because it pays to be one!

Maybe I'm over-thinking it...

PS: Aston is gone, traded for the gt2!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 AM
ATL97gts is infamous around these parts
In Atlanta years ago one of the news channels followed a couple of the "homeless" people that were working intersections home and one walked to a higher end apartment community, the other got into a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee... They followed that guy home and he laughed and said he'd have to find a new intersection now. He claimed to make $80k a year tax free and only "worked" when the weather was nice.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by ATL97gts
In Atlanta years ago one of the news channels followed a couple of the "homeless" people that were working intersections home and one walked to a higher end apartment community, the other got into a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee... They followed that guy home and he laughed and said he'd have to find a new intersection now. He claimed to make $80k a year tax free and only "worked" when the weather was nice.
Yep.. I'm completely serious. Its a trend thats catching on, and bellevue/seattle is taking it in the a**.

Its disrespectful to the people who are actually homeless.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
There was a older bag lady in Chicago that pushed around a shopping cart that begged/pan handled at post offices and food marts mostly.
The local news paper followed her for a few days without her knowing it because someone dropped a dime on her story..
She lived in Highland Park,upper scale area, and was a multi millionaire..
..Looks can be decieving...

Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM
BOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by johnspeed
There was a older bag lady in Chicago that pushed around a shopping cart that begged/pan handled at post offices and food marts mostly.
The local news paper followed her for a few days without her knowing it because someone dropped a dime on her story..
She lived in Highland Park,upper scale area, and was a multi millionaire..
..Looks can be decieving...
That kinda ish ruins it for the people actually in need. I stopped giving anything to panhandlers ever since I gave a guy a couple of bucks for coffee and he got a 40 instead. I hate being lied to or cheated.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by BOOSTD
That kinda ish ruins it for the people actually in need. I stopped giving anything to panhandlers ever since I gave a guy a couple of bucks for coffee and he got a 40 instead. I hate being lied to or cheated.
It is a tuff situation if you have a good heart and you do want to help..
But as we all know, its always the few that screw things up for the rest..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Compliments on these cars come in the funniest places