996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Recommend me some alignment specs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Recommend me some alignment specs.

I just put the OE springs back on so I need an alignment. I did a search and didn't see any complete specs.

I use my car 100% on the street. I have as much fun accelerating as I do in the twisties so I need to compromise between getting traction off the line and great handling. One shop recommended -1.5 front and -2.0 rear camber. I'm just not sure if this is too much negative camber where I am not going to get great traction off the line. How about toe front and rear?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
Here is one suggestion from a trusted source. Sure there will be many suggestions from our forum experts:

Alignment

Bill Economos (Chicago) suggests the GT3 street alignment:

Rear Axle:

Camber: -1.50 degrees +/- .10 degrees

Toe: +08' +/- 05' Total Toe: +16' +/- 10' axle angle: 0' +/- 10'

Front Axle:

Caster: +8 degrees +/- 3 degrees

Camber: -1 Degree +/- .10 degrees

Toe: +03' +/- 03' Total Toe: +05' +/1 05'

He adds that for autocross and D.E. he increases the camber: "on the front to -1.75 degree front, which is about as most as you can go with a 996 lowered with H&R springs, and -2.3 degrees back. Also I toed the front out about 1/16 of an inch. This setting makes the ride more harsh, and will probably wear my tries out faster on the insides. So I would not recommend it unless you use your car more for the track and drive quite aggressively."

Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 PM
unterbergamotte has a spectacular aura aboutunterbergamotte has a spectacular aura about
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Got it aligned yesterday. I told them to use the GT2 specs with -1F and -1.5R camber. Unfortunately they were only able to get the front to about -0.5°. So far it feels good but all I have done is driven on some straight roads and turned 90° hard.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Loosen the 3 bolts on the front struts and push the assembly more negative you'll get what you need. My Aligner did it and mine is perfect

Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Highhats
Loosen the 3 bolts on the front struts and push the assembly more negative you'll get what you need. My Aligner did it and mine is perfect

That's what he did but could only get about -0.5 out of the fronts.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 PM
unterbergamotte has a spectacular aura aboutunterbergamotte has a spectacular aura about
Saw in your signature that you have a sway bar between the front shock towers. The alignment tech has to loosen or remove the bar before the camber adjustment. Once done, the sway bar can be adjusted to fit the new setting.