996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New member trying to add a turbo theto garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
rohan is infamous around these parts
New member trying to add a turbo theto garage

Hello guys, I have been a member of this forum forever.. Just don't post much.
I am looking to add this car to the garage..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item4170590f93

I am completely new to 996 turbos..
Any info on price, the turbos installed, reliability on that particular car would be greatly appreciated.
I know there are some serious Porsche turbo guys on here that can guide me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance!
Rohan

Last edited by rohan; 01-31-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: link fixed
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Tried to click your link and it's not coming up as valid. The URL looks abreviated in some way, can you try again?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM
sorry about that, link fixed!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
I was looking at that earlier. Looks like it's had a lot of work done and it was done pretty well.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Yea it looks clean.
I guess just gotta do an extensive PPI and make sure everything checks out

Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
That's a pretty sweet car. Something looks odd with the body kit / tires on the back. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but is just not right. I realize it's a wide body maybe because it's not stock which is why I'm commenting.

Have a PPI done, take it to the dyno. Can they provide the previous owners info so you can ask about the mods?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Love the exterior color and GT2 body kit, minus for color match wheels and grey interior.
I don't see $100K worth of upgrades, and price is high for modded 2001, but low milage non the less.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i love cheesey ebay car discriptions from people who have no idea what they are talking about.... A gt2 intercooler keeps things cool lol. guess he hasnt figured out that it uses two.

also 100K in mods my a$$....

and i agree something does look odd with it just cant figure out what.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
IMO, I would be very, very careful about purchasing such a heavily modified vehicle... who knows what that thing has been through. Good luck!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve B.
IMO, I would be very, very careful about purchasing such a heavily modified vehicle... who knows what that thing has been through. Good luck!
yeah thats why they PPI's for ..

Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
I think the car looks gorgeous but be sure that you're happy with the paint quality in person. I personally love it except for the seats which are easily swapped. Good luck with the purchase!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
good looker, not even close to 100k.. ask about the trans, 2nd gear pop out issue could cost $ to fix.. if you're buying a car for looks, its worth the high 40's, 50 max.. if you're going to diver it like it should, i'd look for one that has better mods/cheeper.. the miles are the only great deal. you can always buy a GT2 bumper. 19" rims suck IMO for hard driving, and depending where you live/drive, bad roads and pot holes could bend the rims, ride hard... great looker!!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 AM
Dambrosiov is infamous around these parts
why this link is not responding at all is this broken or something unusual has happened with it?

Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 AM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
I was thinking a bit more about this car.. the deal maybe fair considering the mods to the engine. however, there would be must do's if i bought the car.. who is the tuner? I'd change the tune regardless, heres why.. you don't know what fuel the tune was made for. you have a blow through and turbo upgrades so the car has been pushed. was there a fuel system upgrade when these mods were done? if not, i'd walk for sure. there has to be certain things done to insure "safe mods" so the engine is running safe. many turners mean well, but truly do not know what is safe. that being said, if you can't get all the facts before buying this car, you might, and i said might, have a nice car with a blow engine 5k miles down the road. on the other hand, if this were done right, all you have to do is change the tune.. trust me, you will want to change the tune if you buy this car and want piece of mind.. and by the looks of the add, GT2 incoolers are not for highly modded cars, there for stock cars. so this fact alone says to me, the tuner knew little about modding high HP cars!!!!

Last edited by mod mike; 02-02-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Beyond the value proposition, I am concerned with this car....

You need some history, and a REALLY thoriugh inspection.

Car was for sale in Laguna, CA...then shows up in Georgia (a state KNOWN for easy title washing). Who takes a car with 10k miles, drops $100k and sells it 3k later???

One answer: Someone who used it on the track for 10k hard miles, crashed it and decided to 'do a Wicked Wild Car' treatment and catch someone off guard.

Or, it may be what they say it is. The probably dont know the history, which is precisely how used car dealers work- dont ask, dont tell

GL

A

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member trying to add a turbo theto garage