996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Do you regret selling your tt?
Yes, I wish I still owned my tt.
82.35%
No, very happy with my decision to move on.
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone sell their 996 tt for something else and now regret it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 11:19 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Anyone sell their 996 tt for something else and now regret it?

I know some people from this board have sold their tt for some other car like the Gaylardo or Ferrari CS. Do you regret getting rid of your tt? Especially those who had a highly modded tt?

Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Its Gallardo LOL
no regrets here....

Old 07-14-2005, 03:29 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
jajajaja!!! do you think he spelled it like that on purpose?...

Old 07-14-2005, 04:02 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
yup....

Old 07-14-2005, 04:05 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
can a GT2 play? i wish i have a brand new GT2 and didn't pay for it.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I sold my 2001 TT, with Ruf R Turbo motor and related stuff, for a 2003 GT2 last year. No regrets!

I had to pay for the GT2, but not all of it, the guy before paid for all of it but decided after 465 miles that he should sell it to me at 35% off.

A friend bought my TT and everytime I saw it I thought I should have kept it. However a few weeks back we he needed a to pick it up at the shop, so I gave him a ride and he said drive it back. It reconfirmed all the things I loved about it.

I went straight home got in the GT2 and went for a drive. I have not thought about the old car since. I am happy I moved on!

JCM

Old 07-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Gaylardo

Old 07-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
I thought long and hard about dumping my Porsche TT and driving something like a 612, Bentley Coupe or something cool with a back seat. I even thought about dumping the TT cab as my daily driver for a cheaper daily driver to have monthly income to devote to my other garage queens. Trying to keep total car monthly payments at $ 5k or less to keep wife happy.

Everything else I drive makes me like my TT more as my daily driver and I would regret the heck out of not having it for a daily driver. I actually regret going from a TT coupe to a TT cabriolet about 70 percent of the time. The other 30 percent of the time when the top is down I am okay with the decision.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
in the $125K range, i think the tt is a perfect daily driver(if you're into sports cars). o/w an AMG benz would do the trick

i've been planning on getting a new tt later this fall/winter but really wishing i could swing a gallardo - but that would not be an ideal car for a daily driver. i ALMOST got a gallardo a few months back and share with my pops(couldn't afford/justify it for myself as a 2nd car) but mansour talked me out of it

Old 07-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Ive had a modena, a roadster vt diablo,etc....
I still keep coming back to a TT- there is no substitute. If u wanna be a play-a... go with something exotic that breaks all the time...
I recall once, being on rush and division in Chicago for lunch on a sunday morning.... a older gentleman with his wife leaned over into my car and said "thats a beatiful car"... that made my day 10 times over what the young little downtown girls would say( they only care about the bling)...
Oh yeah.. a few years back I used to go in my yellow diablo to the same restaurant- at times I had problems getting home because I had to take 2 women home in the pass. seat at once... but thats all and over with.. I grew up...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MARKSKI
Ive had a modena, a roadster vt diablo,etc....
I still keep coming back to a TT- there is no substitute. If u wanna be a play-a... go with something exotic that breaks all the time...
I recall once, being on rush and division in Chicago for lunch on a sunday morning.... a older gentleman with his wife leaned over into my car and said "thats a beatiful car"... that made my day 10 times over what the young little downtown girls would say( they only care about the bling)...
Oh yeah.. a few years back I used to go in my yellow diablo to the same restaurant- at times I had problems getting home because I had to take 2 women home in the pass. seat at once... but thats all and over with.. I grew up...
Murcielago, Gallardo = your substitute

New Generation Exotic cars, are so much more realible then the older ones.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:54 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by MARKSKI
Two women in the passenger seat of your Lambo, at once huh?? Just like Batman!! Except he had a Murci instead of a Diablo.

Mark, you're a true P-I-M-P!!

Old 07-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I dont consider a modena "old generation"... granted 5 years back I had a 99 vt roadster(old generation).... but still they break down... I have a few friends with lambos... just not reliable... at least not to my standards. I have 2 friends with 03 Murci & they have problems... and a problem on a diablo in JULY turns into a FIX in september.. and there goes ur summer. Its happened to me and others I know... and one by one they are switching from Italian cars to german/other.
Im speaking from first hand experience... One can aske Bill Nuccio the owner of FOX VALLEY MOTORCARS cars how many issues there were... better yet.. Brian Heske(board member) used to work in the parts department.. he remembers me very well. My business partner couldnt take it any more.. just like I did... dumped the Italian cars... he actually spent $20K in one year fixing leaks and a clutch that went bad with a car that had 1800km. just my thoughts.
When ferrari & Lambo steps up and offers 4 year warrenties... then maybe I would reconsider my position.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts

I hear ya Mark, although I got to know you and Peter pretty well Yeah guys, if one guy can speak from the experience, its Mark. From the 993 to the 355 to the Diablo, Im sure I missed a few and being the best dj at the top clubs in the city- he's definately a P I M P.

Speaking of the city, Im coming to Chicago for my sisters wedding the weekend of September 16th. If anybody wants to meet me and a few friends out for some drinks

Last edited by Brian Haske; 07-14-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Brian Haske

I hear ya Mark, although I got to know you and Peter pretty well Yeah guys, if one guy can speak from the experience, its Mark. From the 993 to the 355 to the Diablo, Im sure I missed a few and being the best dj at the top clubs in the city- he's definately a P I M P.
Mark, you are a Dj in Chicago?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone sell their 996 tt for something else and now regret it?