996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with Evoms kit on 996?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
911turborookie is infamous around these parts
Anyone with Evoms kit on 996?

Just wondering if there is anyone with an evolution motors kit on there 996. Please post your opinions about your kit and HP your producing - thanks

Old 02-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
Which "kit."
I have the very basic tune, an EVOMs aibox, and some basic stuff like new DVs, etc along with an exhaust. I'm quite pleased!
Do you mean the 600, or 775? Can't help you there....yet!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:03 PM
any kit/parts that increase HP .....have you had your car dynoed before and after? Significant increase?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
I didn't dyno it before or after, but I was so suprised with this alpha kit, that I have held off further HP improvements for now. It is fairly unbelievable the vast difference a tune and some pipes can make. It is not the same car anymore, and knocks people back into heir seats. I should be making around 525 vs stock 420, but just butt dyno.
The demo car I was taken for a ride had the 775 kit, and it is difficult to describe the feeling. I have been in quick cars, but this was mind blowing. I can't imagine what guys like Black Horse must be feeling!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Another P
I didn't dyno it before or after, but I was so suprised with this alpha kit, that I have held off further HP improvements for now. It is fairly unbelievable the vast difference a tune and some pipes can make. It is not the same car anymore, and knocks people back into heir seats. I should be making around 525 vs stock 420, but just butt dyno.
The demo car I was taken for a ride had the 775 kit, and it is difficult to describe the feeling. I have been in quick cars, but this was mind blowing. I can't imagine what guys like Black Horse must be feeling!
It's an addiction for sure. Congrats on your new mods! Good luck trying not to push it further and further!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 AM
SILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the rough
Evoms gt700 kit

I have an older version of the kit that I bought new around five years ago. Installed the gt700 kit on my car when it had 9000 miles. In addition I installed club sport intercoolers, hitachi mass air, throttle body, evomsit, and some misc. other performance stuff. I have never put the car on a dyno but believe the car has around 750hp at the crank and around 625+ to the wheels. The car now has 21,000 miles and still runs like the day the kit was installed. I run 22psi on sunoco 94 and it pulls like a freight train. Never once has the car had an issue. I know many guys have much more hp but honestly in my opinion you can't buy a better kit for all around driving. Anything more than the hp I am running is just a heachache! If you expect to have a reliable car that is not constantly breaking or in need of a refresh transmission, axles, motor mounts, etc. don't go to big. I have traveled the road of 1100hp+ cars and they are great but would never consider it to be a daily driver.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by SILVERFOX
I have an older version of the kit that I bought new around five years ago. Installed the gt700 kit on my car when it had 9000 miles. In addition I installed club sport intercoolers, hitachi mass air, throttle body, evomsit, and some misc. other performance stuff. I have never put the car on a dyno but believe the car has around 750hp at the crank and around 625+ to the wheels. The car now has 21,000 miles and still runs like the day the kit was installed. I run 22psi on sunoco 94 and it pulls like a freight train. Never once has the car had an issue. I know many guys have much more hp but honestly in my opinion you can't buy a better kit for all around driving. Anything more than the hp I am running is just a heachache! If you expect to have a reliable car that is not constantly breaking or in need of a refresh transmission, axles, motor mounts, etc. don't go to big. I have traveled the road of 1100hp+ cars and they are great but would never consider it to be a daily driver.
Who installed and services? I have kit on car -recently bought car - but can't get any info from evoms on build - no records. Build was done in 2010 in Arizona- I'm in ny just had car dynoed and numbers were upsetting so trying to get info from users like yourself. I have everything you have (from what you listed)- car felt great driving pulls like a train but dyno says different - runs 1.4 bar on 93-94 oct although as indicated only 457hp hooked up dura metrics no internal problems codes etc. - need proper diagnostic - working on this - appreciate you reply do you have upgraded fuel system(fuel lines and pump)? Evoms indicates stock fuel system will not provide enough fuel to produce anything over 600hp- I'm confused

Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 AM
SILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the rough
My kit was installed by RPM North and they are no longer in business. All of my service is done through the old owner but I handle any dealings with EVO. Sounds like someone if feeding you a line of BS. If you talk to Todd or Gabe there is no way the car is not on file if it was an evoms kit purely based on the fact that the tune i linked to the vin#. Who did you buy the car from and where were the modifications installed? I'm not naming names but there have been many shops that have claimed to installed evoms kits and they were nothing more than a bunch of parts thrown together. A friend of mine claimed he had a gt700 kit installed by a shop but yet when I had my gt640 kit I ran all over him like he was driving a non turbo. We later found out after bringing his car to a certified shop that the kit was all bogus. I do have the larger fuel rails, injectors, fuel pump and lines. I'm not sure of your driving history but when you drive a car that has 600hp+ to the wheels you know it. My car spins all wheels through the top of third gear! Just because someone puts gt28 or alpha turbos on a car doesn't mean it's an evoms kit. Keep me posted I live in NJ and go into NY everyday. Anything I can do to help let me know. Oh by the way if you don't have the upgraded fuel system than you don't have a gt700 kit because if comes with it.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
With just 9.000 miles on the clock its very obvious that you shouldnt face any serious problems. Do that on a 100k miles car and see what happens

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 AM
100k miles

There is some truth to what you are saying but who would put a kit or any mods on a car with 100k miles unless you plan on ripping the motor and car apart to build a 1200hp monster!!! On a side note my car may not have 100k miles but everytime I drive my car it's all out from the track to getting milk. Anyone that knows me or has driven with me in a group can tell you I am always leading the pack even against much faster cars.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 AM
My kit was installed by RPM North and they are no longer in business. All of my service is done through the old owner but I handle any dealings with EVO. Sounds like someone if feeding you a line of BS. If you talk to Todd or Gabe there is no way the car is not on file if it was an evoms kit purely based on the fact that the tune i linked to the vin#. Who did you buy the car from and where were the modifications installed? I'm not naming names but there have been many shops that have claimed to installed evoms kits and they were nothing more than a bunch of parts thrown together. A friend of mine claimed he had a gt700 kit installed by a shop but yet when I had my gt640 kit I ran all over him like he was driving a non turbo. We later found out after bringing his car to a certified shop that the kit was all bogus. I do have the larger fuel rails, injectors, fuel pump and lines. I'm not sure of your driving history but when you drive a car that has 600hp+ to the wheels you know it. My car spins all wheels through the top of third gear! Just because someone puts gt28 or alpha turbos on a car doesn't mean it's an evoms kit. Keep me posted I live in NJ and go into NY everyday. Anything I can do to help let me know. Oh by the way if you don't have the upgraded fuel system than you don't have a gt700 kit because if comes with it.
Very true indeed- maybe i bought your friends car - lol-I have confirmed my parts with a local shop (evoms experts? dunno) the only thing I am lacking is the upgraded fuel lines and pump according to Robert at evoms - I'm new to porsche and evoms parts - so I joined this forum and others and started researching - both ways it's easy to get misled ever build seems different . The evoms parts were installed by autohaus in Arizona and directed by evoms when installing. I just want to drive the car to a local shop confident of evoms parts and diagnostics- all the help on forums is wonderful but I feel I'm reading to much and seeing to many setups which makes it confusing - when I here about your hp I cringe lol. I'm jealous lmao - my car is definitely missing something. - although I still love the way she drives - but just knowing I am almost there to the greater Hp zone - with parts makes me a bit happier-

My car specs:
2002 996 x50
Club sport intercoolers
Injectors
Upgraded fuel rail
Evoms headers
IDP plenum
Gt28 turbos
Silicone hoses
Evoms tuning- possible old tune dunno
Evoms air box
Hitachi Maf / tuning
70mm fab speed exhaust
No upgraded fuel lines or pump
And last but not least:
Unhappy owner- only 457hp

Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 AM
Full package

It looks like you have all the mods necessary other than the fuel pump and line. Look into what flash you have. Maybe the car had a power programmer or the flash was lost and you are running stock. Bring it to a good shop and let them give it a once over for boost leaks, turbo play, etc. Good luck with everything!!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM
bijanmaleki is infamous around these parts
^ has to be either a calibration, fuel pressure/ delivery or possible spark blowout.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
All EVOMS GT700's come with bigger fuel lines thats what differentiates them from 640 kit. The fuel pumps/tanks are stock until you go into the GT800 motor build. (EVO Fuel Pump Upgrade: external pump, lines, regulator, etc) If I were you I would data log it and send a few files to EVOMS.

SILVERFOX--Do you by chance have a picture of your upgraded fuel pump handy?

Last edited by GTstreet996; 02-27-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Fuel pump

I do not have a picture of the pump but will take a picture of it tonight and post for you. I am not a mechanic but I believe the pump is inside the tank??

Last edited by SILVERFOX; 02-27-2013 at 12:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Evoms kit on 996?