996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

P1571: Porsche fault code 30 - Immobilizer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
P1571: Porsche fault code 30 - Immobilizer

Anybody know what this is all about? I figured if its an immobilizer issue .. the car won't start ...

Anything to be concerned about?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
did you do anything recently to your ecu?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I did a flash about a week or two ago ... and I got the errors below ... got a new MAF havent seen those codes after (yet) ... but I got the immobilizer code ...

· p1128fault code 360-oxygen sensingadaptation idle range bank 1 exceeds limit value.

· p1130 fault code 361-oxygen sensing adaptation idlerange bank 2 exceeds limit value.

· p0103 fault code 115-hot film MAF sensor.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh yeah, its hear some sorta whistling from the engine bay when I come off of boost.

The car was boost tested to 25 psi about 2-3 weeks ago ...

Old 03-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Well then you should contact the tuner.
It's a if someone swapped the Ecu but not the immobilizer. Did your car ever run with the tune ?

Old 03-04-2013, 12:40 PM
The ECU didnt come off the car whatsoever ...

What do you mean the car ever run with the tune? Its flashed for the past couple of weeks and I've been DD the car.

Oh yeah, at times the idle's still hunting ... but so far no codes (yet).

I'm thinking of getting the DV's changed to 710N's and do another boost leak from the turbos and TB again ...

Frankly, I'm kind of lost right now ...

Old 03-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Just asking basic questions to make sure.
Go back to your tuner. Ask him to put back your stock tune.
See what happens. Or ask him what to do.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
IMMO is usually a swapped ECU ( which you did not swap), it could also be an issue with your key. Do you have another key to try? your idle hunting is a vacuum leak most likely ( easier to find with a smoke tester). good luck

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Would the stock tune still work considering the injectors were swapped out?

Wouldn't the vaccum leak show up from testing from the turbos tho?

What about the whistling when coming off boost..? What would that be?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Would the stock tune still work considering the injectors were swapped out?

Wouldn't the vaccum leak show up from testing from the turbos tho?

What about the whistling when coming off boost..? What would that be?
So does the car start? thats why I referred to putting in an OEM tune just to make sure... if it does never mind...
take the car to someone that knows how to do correct pressure test ( not just low pressure smoke test) and get it sorted out...
it all will show up... as long as the one doing the test knows what it is that hes looking for and or at...

click to view

Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Hi Mark ... Yeah, the car starts.

I took your boost leak check guide to my guy and he pressure tested it to 25 psi from the turbos and TB ... walked away for 10 min .. and came back and its still around the same psi or so ..

What could have he missed? Could it be DV's thats making the noise?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
if he did it from the turbos to 25 psi then I would not worry...
when did the noise come? after what upgrade...? thats usually the key

click to view

Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Turbos and injectors. Didnt' do the DV's though.

Although I just started to notice the noise after the new MAF ... perhaps it didnt suck in as much air before ... IDK.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
If there's a leak Pre turbo then usually the car will run rich and buckle down low in rpm as you get on it. One can disconnect the Maf and run it see if the problem goes away. If so then it's either th me Maf or a leak between th Maf and the turbo. Just sharing my experience.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey Mark .. What does it cover exactly when you say a "pre turbo leak"? The car was extremely rich before ... but the codes and the richness went away after I swapped out the MAF with a new one.

The issue now is the whistling noise when coming off of boost ... and this hose (picture) that seem to have a play with it ...

I was told by a different mechanic its part of the evap system ... and that it doesnt really matter if it has a play / disconnected. I found that a bit odd ...

Your wisdom is appreciated, Oh Master Marek

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: P1571: Porsche fault code 30 - Immobilizer