996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What did you race on the way home today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:38 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What did you race on the way home today.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Nothing. I drove my beater. Even if I drove the 911 it would likely be nothing. Nobody every tries to race me.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sinKing
Nothing. I drove my beater. Even if I drove the 911 it would likely be nothing. Nobody every tries to race me.
I second that. Current daily is a 6MT TSX which is cool to launch hard out of tollbooths. The 911 is still sleeping until the Chicago roads are washed of their salt in April.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
gonzo__007 is a jewel in the roughgonzo__007 is a jewel in the roughgonzo__007 is a jewel in the roughgonzo__007 is a jewel in the rough
Not a race at all, but funny story

It was the first nice weekend where I could take the 2006 c2s cab out. After an hour of spirited drive with a mix of U2 and “flat six 3.8” music, I stopped at a red light and saw the speed limit was 90 km/h after. So perfect time to hit the sport button J traffic light turned green and I floored it until 105-110 km/h. and guess what? I had a Lincoln MKT behind me been able to follow me… then he changed line and came next to me, we laugh…

Then removed the sport mode, put U2 back, and went back to previous task: spirited drive with the cab down J

Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
No way.. People always race me. It's not 996 turbo wether yet so I am driving the cayenne turbo with epl flash. Yesterday some little red thing just flat punched it at the light as we were side by side. He had 3 car lengths on me before I said I was in. Smoked him. Most people don't realize how fast the cayenne turbo is.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pat
No way.. People always race me.
Funny thing is I had sold my beater to a friend for nearly a year. During that time he had several people try to race him in that. He also has a C6z that many people will try to race. I would expect being 29 and looking even younger people would look at my in the Turbo and expect me to be up for a race...nope. Maybe it's just that people don't want to lose.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I raced an 1100hp Ford GT.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sinKing
Funny thing is I had sold my beater to a friend for nearly a year. During that time he had several people try to race him in that. He also has a C6z that many people will try to race. I would expect being 29 and looking even younger people would look at my in the Turbo and expect me to be up for a race...nope. Maybe it's just that people don't want to lose.
I am in the same boat.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
I spent two hours in traffic driving up the 101 through SF and up to Sonoma in my 2004 Rav4 with a whoppng 140 hp. Punched it at 65 trying to pass someone and got the usual molasses response.

Pulled up to the house. Am getting my speedtech exhaust installed tomorrow and used that as an excuse to jump in the 996tt to drive to the gas station to "fill up with gas" so I'm topped off for the drive tomorrow.

Immediately jumped in the turbo, waited for the engine to warm up. Punched it.

Ahhhh what a difference from my DD.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aggk
I spent two hours in traffic driving up the 101 through SF and up to Sonoma in my 2004 Rav4 with a whoppng 140 hp. Punched it at 65 trying to pass someone and got the usual molasses response.

Pulled up to the house. Am getting my speedtech exhaust installed tomorrow and used that as an excuse to jump in the 996tt to drive to the gas station to "fill up with gas" so I'm topped off for the drive tomorrow.

Immediately jumped in the turbo, waited for the engine to warm up. Punched it.

Ahhhh what a difference from my DD.
Which Speedtech exhaust did you get? Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pat
No street racing for me -- I save it for the track . The only time I come close is when someone tries to purposely speed up to keep me from merging into their lane. That's when I just say F this and punch it .

Old 03-15-2013, 06:51 AM
cburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of light
Daily drive mine, and rarely ever get any attention like that. Once an MB SL63 AMG was trying his best to get me to go. Pulling up next to me, hitting it, then backing off and so on. Roads were wet, dark, and my gf was in the car so I resisted. Rare though that people try to get me to go...

Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 AM
n360rb is a jewel in the roughn360rb is a jewel in the roughn360rb is a jewel in the roughn360rb is a jewel in the rough
Modified M5 taunting me last week. At a roll in 2nd at 35mph we hooked up. He took off a fraction before me and got the jump. As soon as my turbos lit up it was over. Short race in 2nd and for a moment in 3rd. That M5 was quick tho....

Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Aerodude
I save it for the track . The only time I come close is when someone tries to purposely speed up to keep me from merging into their lane. That's when I just say F this and punch it .
+1 ^ on both accounts - hate when people do that

Old 03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
When ever I can and always on the watch when daily driving...
Love running kids in there high performance cars that think I am an old posser.. LOL. Then they find out different.. LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you race on the way home today.