996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Reus Stereo & Guages Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 05:48 PM
ljd-924se is infamous around these parts
For those of you looking for great sound quality head unit, but aren't thrilled about the idea of hunting down an old mcintosh on ebay . . .

Clarion DRZ-9255

this unit is much more appropriate for modern dash boards, as well. just remember that the drz-9255 has no internal amplifier to drive speakers.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by ljd-924se
For those of you looking for great sound quality head unit, but aren't thrilled about the idea of hunting down an old mcintosh on ebay . . .

Clarion DRZ-9255

this unit is much more appropriate for modern dash boards, as well. just remember that the drz-9255 has no internal amplifier to drive speakers.
Yep. Here is the meat:

Dual 24-Bit/96kHz Sampling DACs and DSP
Burr-Brown DACs

A year or two ago, you just could not get this type of stuff on head unit for near that price with any other manufacturer.

Cooper plated chassis, gold or platinum RCAs are cool. This thing is a nice unit.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:28 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
So this is the unit to get? If I lived in Ca. no problem, but here in NJ it would be hard to make the arrangements with Rick. I will have to wait and see.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:34 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by ljd-924se

Clarion DRZ-9255

I don't know.... it has a 5 band eq which mean no simple bass/treble controls. My next headunit will have 4 ***** on it. Volume, bass, treble and midrange.

BTW Neil, you don't have to have Reus replace your headunit, you can go anywhere and have it done. As long as whatever headunit you put in has RCA outputs, you will plug right into the Reus amps. The only thing you may have to adjust are the gains on the amps and that is really simple. Basically like a volume control that controls the output of each amp.

Old 07-23-2005, 07:12 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by 2thfixr
I don't know.... it has a 5 band eq which mean no simple bass/treble controls. My next headunit will have 4 ***** on it. Volume, bass, treble and midrange.

BTW Neil, you don't have to have Reus replace your headunit, you can go anywhere and have it done. As long as whatever headunit you put in has RCA outputs, you will plug right into the Reus amps. The only thing you may have to adjust are the gains on the amps and that is really simple. Basically like a volume control that controls the output of each amp.
Yea I realized that, but I figured if Rick did it I might get the $550 back to use towards the other head unit. Around here the only one who carries clarion is Tweeters and they aren't so great. Don't know if I want them to screw with my car and system. I could try it myself too and send it back to Rick. I haven't spoke to him since the week after the install about 1 month ago. When I complained about the ergonomics of the eclipse he wasn't too keen on me returning the unit to him. I don't know, I figured I would live with it and adapt for now. It does really sound great. If the clarion wasn't $900 then maybe I would get it and try but.....

Old 07-23-2005, 07:49 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I have been very happy with my Alpine head unit which is a CVA. It has DVD/Navigation and controls the Radio/XM Radio/DVD Changer (also plays CD's), etc... Sounds good and not issues whatsover this is the motorized unit which can recess into a single din unit in the dash. I use MB Quart Pro speakers, JL Audio subs and amps.

Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2005, 07:50 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !

Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2005, 07:51 AM
seats are still functional and can hide the subs

Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2005, 08:26 AM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Originally posted by buddyg
seats are still functional and can hide the subs
Hey Buddy....are those the W series JL woofers? I'm assuming since you are running a trifecta....Nice setup BTW.

Old 07-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes, I believe they are.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey Buddy,
I have seen those pics before and you did a great job. I am sure it sounds fantastic.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by 2thfixr

As long as digital and can be bypassed you are fine. It is actually better to have an electronic eq that can be bypassed. You will hear a difference between no eq and digital eq activiated even when all frequencies are set on flat.

The problem with eq is that people who don't know what they are doing can create a mess. They are not necessarily a bad thing. True, anything between your head unit and the amp is something to bleed sound quality. If built in to your head unit and can be bypassed electronically within head unit, you are okay. Just always leave set on bypass mode or whatever.

Old 07-23-2005, 01:23 PM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Cool set up Buddy!

Old 07-23-2005, 01:27 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
CAN Someone say bass?

Old 07-23-2005, 02:58 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
You guys have to remember that Buddy has special needs. Without all of those subs there is no way he can hear it while laying on the blacktop with his hands locked behind his head.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Reus Stereo & Guages Installed!