996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RUF Movie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Ruftech is infamous around these parts
RUF Movie

This movie is a MUST have for any car lover! It includes the classic lap around the Nurburgring in Yellowbird as well as a new RTurbo. Mr. Ruf also shares his history and stories which he has been lucky enough to experience (VERY VERY AWESOME). Over an hour of great footage and history. Check out this link...

http://rufautocentre.com/parts/faszination.asp

Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 PM
rspiteri is infamous around these parts
As usual... way over priced.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:30 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Originally posted by rspiteri
As usual... way over priced.
lol werd

Old 07-20-2005, 09:09 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Don't you guys know that RUF stands for:

RipUoFf

jk

Does seem a bit much though.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:46 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
You get what you pay for! I have never been disappointed with anything Ruf has done for me. Right now they look expensive with the Euro being so strong but in 2002 they were very reasonable. Timing is everything.

JCM

Old 07-20-2005, 12:50 PM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Was reading the latest issue of Excellent mag and saw one of their advertisement and it says starting is $250k? Thought to myself this or a house? And ofcourse i'm going with this!

Old 07-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Ruf

I mean no disrespect for any other tuners out there but I have never had a CEL or any problem of any sort with the Ruf 550 conversion I had done a few years ago. To me it seems that Ruf does not rush a new product to market but spends more time making sure it works for the long term. If you check all the posts of people that have had all sorts of issues and compare them to posted Ruf issues I think a clear pattern will emerge. Yes there are fewer Ruf modified cars but it seems to me that the amount of problems with other companies is far greater than with Ruf. One of the reasons for the high Ruf pricing is the value of the dollor. The 550 package gives you more value for your money than the 590 which requires the motor to be shipped to Germany. My intention here is not to get into a pissing contest. Just my $.02.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Dude... I was just commenting on the movie. RUF has great product but you always pay a premium. I would hope everything is ideal when you buy a RUF product. If not then they would be out of buisness which they are not so they are doing something right. Germans buys German product. It's not the US market that keeps them afloat.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hey Robert.. just noticed something in your sig. You're saying you have 245s in the front??!?!? I hope not! That's the wrong size, you should have 235s and 315s. Sorry to point that out but...

Besides isn't it about time you had _more_ power

Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Planning some upgrades in 2006. Thanks for the tire size detail. When I have time I will visting your new shop.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ruf is the real deal, you really do get what you pay for with Ruf.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
RSPITERI If you bought your 996TT new you paid a premium to own a Porsche Turbo. We all could have purchasd a faster car for much less money like a Lingenfelter Vette but we wanted a Porsche. I'm sure many of us pay premium prices for different products like watches etc. that if all we wanted to do was to tell time a Timex would work just as well. The issue is not that a premium is paid but whether it was worth it to us or not. Regarding germans buying german products, your driving a german car. Ruf does business all over the world not mainly in Germany. Enough of this it's time to go out for a drive.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:23 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Bruce,

Get out there and spank some punk in his Italian trash!

Old 07-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
If they were carbon fiber DVDs I would consider it.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Bruce my friend and brother Porsche owner. Why are you so defensive. I have any opinion about RUF. That all. I am not blasting them. I buy plenty of premium products. I just think if RUF wanted to send a DVD to show there stuff they don't have to make it so damn expensive for what it is. A DVD. It's not like after you watch it your going to stick in on your car and add 50 hp.

So anyway have a great day. Keep cool. I understand you guys are going through a tough heat spell.

Regrads-rspiteri

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RUF Movie