996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

new GALLARDO VERSION MAKES ME WNAT TO SELL MY TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
Dunno, I'm really digging that alot...

Old 07-22-2005, 02:36 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
The Gallardo is a great car, but, if you are at all tall, forget it, not comfortable at all. I'm 6'4" and can't fit comfortably in the Gallardo, my head is way over the roof line and I have to duck down to fit.... Also the interior is an exact replica of Audi/VW.....Doesn't belong in a $180k vehicles imo

Lou

Old 07-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM
The Gallardo is a great car, but, if you are at all tall, forget it, not comfortable at all. I'm 6'4" and can't fit comfortably in the Gallardo, my head is way over the roof line and I have to duck down to fit.... Also the interior is an exact replica of Audi/VW.....Doesn't belong in a $180k vehicles imo

Lou
My exact thoughts, I seemed to have gotten torn a new one by most lamborghini fanatics when I said that, guess im not the only one who feels that way.

I like the car overall, but it has some things that are less desirable.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:16 PM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM

Lou
I am 6-3 and have no problem

and what exactly is wrong with Audi interior pieces ? when Audi ergonomics are held in very high regard with most enthusiasts and car critics.

Certainly the interior is an improvement over prior Lambo's and definitely nicer than a TT's

Old 07-22-2005, 03:30 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Makes me want to sell my S, my 3.2, my wife, kids, and nephew into slave labor. Yes Evan, I'm trading you for a car, not just any car though.

BTW peeps, the people at Road and Track, Car and Driver, and Motor Trend have all said that Audi is making the best interiors out there. I also read that the chief interior designer from Audi moved to Lamborghini, that explains a lot. At least they kept it in the family.

Last edited by FlyingLow; 07-22-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Audi makes great interiors, but keep them Audi's, Lamborghini always had very unique and exotic interiors, such as the Diablo 6.0.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LSM

Lou
I agree.... its the A4 dash in the Gallardo.
I had a roadster diablo... and so Im not speaking from any jealous or biased perspective.
WhenI buy an Italian car... i want it to be Italian.
The irony in it all is that the Murci is designed by a young german engineer.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
That is so sweet. Hard to believe that people are paying what they are 430s with this car. I was torn hard between my 2001 Diablo and one of these, but the 6.0 was like getting my dream car I wanted since I was a kid. I finally got the cool doors.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:49 PM
One day she will be mine.
elduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really nice
I dont know man, I just looked at the interior again... I see nothing wrong with it. The car is gorgeous.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:22 PM
JWGT2 is infamous around these partsJWGT2 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM

Lou
Lou.
I agree man. Lambo should really differentiate their cars more.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by JWGT2
Lou.
I agree man. Lambo should really differentiate their cars more.
Part of the reason I got the 2001 Diablo 6.0 over the Murci was because I liked the carbon fibre Diablo interior better. But still, you cannot say that either the Murci or Gallardo interior is bad. Both of those cars absolutely rock and I kind of like the not too in your face look. The only negative I saw was that the heat and Ac unit looked just like an Audis. These interiors are still above Porsche TTs even after we do all are carbon, or aluminum accents.

The inteiror that is beginning to look awkward to me is Ferrari. The dash gets goofier and goofier looking with each model. I liked the 348 and the 355 better than the 360 and 430 dash.