996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18g wanting more power under curve, A28's next logical choice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 PM
cactus57 has a spectacular aura aboutcactus57 has a spectacular aura about
I've got a K16 billet setup from Markski. If you're near me in AZ you are more than welcome to check out the car.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
[quote=johnspeed;3819740]
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i did after the baseline dyno. 4.5" i/c, 72 lb injectors, epl tune, evoms intake piping, dual snorkel airbox with k&n filter, ams 1 bar wastegates have all been installed since the dyno. i had the y pipe also but couldnt get it to fit properly so i still have the oem y pipe with 2.25" silicone boost hoses all around[/QUOTE

Arent you interested in putting it back on Dyno to see what you gained with those mods?
You are ready now for some bigger turbos...
Hey maybe we can get a package deal on 2 sets of A3071's..LOL.
i have been battling a host of issues from a misfire to broken electrical plug to throttle body issues to now the car is dead. left the key in the ignition and drained the battery. now its charged but the car wont do anything. my durametric wont recognize the vin or any fault codes.
i was going to redyno with layinback in huntsville ut our schedules havent clicked either.

3071 turbos arent in my plan. i was thinking you get the 3071 and ill take your 24/18 for a song!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:06 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cactus57
I've got a K16 billet setup from Markski. If you're near me in AZ you are more than welcome to check out the car.

Here you go...

Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
You need big ICs, intake piping and A3071s... period...
Hey dhahlen I think you and I should both get A3071's and get a package deal on the 2 sets..

Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cactus57
YES! Would love to check out the setup. I'll shoot you a pm!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hey dhahlen I think you and I should both get A3071's and get a package deal on the 2 sets..

Still doesn't solve my lag issues ;p

Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhahlen

Still doesn't solve my lag issues ;p
Less lag then 18s though..

Old 04-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Less lag then 18s though..
You've been at this for a couple of years now. Upgrade to the A30xx already!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:06 PM
You've been at this for a couple of years now. Upgrade to the A30xx already!
LOL..Sorry only started thinking about it mid last year,,I know it seems like a lot of lag time..LOL..
I really am happy with my set-up but I know I can be happier,LOL, but is it needed??..... Its this site that does me in...LOL.
But not as bad as others that have been talking about doing upgrades since they got their cars years ago...

Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Crack!

Old 04-13-2013, 04:14 AM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo lag? What is this turbo lag everyone is talking about?

Old 04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
You have to consider how much flow you're pushing through the exhaust. I am rarely WOT at 2.5-3k RPM, especially out of a turn. Even on the street, I am not smashing the gas from point to point, I'll roll on the throttle. If I am cruising, there isn't going to be enough exhaust flow to build positive pressure or at least not more than 0.1-0.2 bar. Also, considering I cruise at a higher RPM, I don't use 6th gear much, either. I only use 6th if I am going to be on the highway doing 75+ for a long period of time. Cruising in 5th for me is usually around 3-3200 RPM. For street purposes, I usually keep cruising rpm at 3k.

Yes, I am looking for that instant-on effect if I am sitting at 3000 RPM and decide to smash it. Spool and Respool are going to be significantly faster on a newer designed turbo and/or wheel. The alphas probably have some insane respool, picking boost back up very after shifts, the k24/18g isn't as great nor have I mastered keeping boost in between gears with a LWFW and all the fancy dance moves people do with their feet when driving on the track.

Unfortunately there isn't a VTG setup for the 996, as I can make more power with the spool characteristics I want on those turbos (stock 997tt) versus most setups on the 996. However, going to a 997 isn't in the playbook.. so here we are again.
I had the k16 billet setup and I don't wanna be relegated to a drag strip
bruiser either.

I currently have an a28 setup and I hold the record for the 16 and the 28.
I've read the entire thread and I wanted to make sure I didn't steer you
in the wrong direction. According to everything I've read and interpreting
your needs as best I can, do this:

K16Gs ( nuthing fancy, Markski gotem for 1600 or so. I broke the record on
1500.00 cheap version lol) make sure and get the ones w/ good wstgt)

3.5 ICs

Free flow exhaust and headers. pref cateless or mimimal. ( yes, headers and I don't care what anyone says )

Greddy ebc

K & N

and lose min. 200 lbs and if you hit 300 you'll be faster than most $500,000+
super cars.

Super responsive and Fast as a scalded dog! PERFECT street / track car.

About $7000.00 with Markski ( after k24 sold/ traded) Switzer: $1000,000.00 Evoms: First born male child and undisclosed cash amount.

Mark and Jonn aka Speedtech offer a lotta bang for the buck quality exhaust setups.

Tell whoever you buy your parts from that you want a free tune thrown in
or no dice! You might be surprised lol. Make sure it's a reputable tuner.

You oughta get at least 1500.00 for your K24s
Money out of pocket shouldn't exceed 7000.00 after you sell/ trade turbos

You will be VERY happy

Last edited by layinback; 04-28-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TurboTodd
Turbo lag? What is this turbo lag everyone is talking about?
Yes, these people keep using the term, "turbo lag"

It sounds like a form of irritable bowel syndrome.

btw, I see you're rockin those a28's too. Marvelous turbo

I must say.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:22 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
Yes, these people keep using the term, "turbo lag"

It sounds like a form of irritable bowel syndrome.

btw, I see you're rockin those a28's too. Marvelous turbo

I must say.
"Turbo Lag" is slang for "in the wrong gear"...

Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
"Turbo Lag" is slang for "in the wrong gear"...
LOL.

I had 2 930 turbos in the 90s. Now theres you some turbo lag!

The way we addressed turbo lag was to drive well enough not

to be killed on the track when the turbo kicked in during heavy

cornering. Not kidding

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K24/18g wanting more power under curve, A28's next logical choice?