996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/18g wanting more power under curve, A28's next logical choice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
LOL.

I had 2 930 turbos in the 90s. Now theres you some turbo lag!

The way we addressed turbo lag was to drive well enough not

to be killed on the track when the turbo kicked in during heavy

cornering. Not kidding
Ha..me too.. an 86 wth a K29 to boot!!!

Old 04-28-2013, 09:28 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Ha..me too.. an 86 wth a K29 to boot!!!
Me too! I had an 86 930 as well.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Oh lord, 86 turbos w/ 4 speed! and if you looked at the car wrong the lambda sensors

went out lol.

I had a granite green 87 and an 89 5 speed. I sent the engine to ANDIAL.

as you know it was a 3.3 liter and ANDIAL punched it out to 3.5, twin plugged

extrude honed the heads, freeflo exhaust, open up the ports by about 5 mm,

one bar spring and mechanical ( dial type) boost controller. If you didn't

learn to drive that car quickly...... you would be killed or at best, terribly

injured. You guys know the deal. And these sissy guys think the Gt2 is raw lol.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Oh lord, 86 turbos w/ 4 speed! and if you looked at the car wrong the lambda sensors

went out lol.

I had a granite green 87 and an 89 5 speed. I sent the engine to ANDIAL.

as you know it was a 3.3 liter and ANDIAL punched it out to 3.5, twin plugged

extrude honed the heads, freeflo exhaust, open up the ports by about 5 mm,

one bar spring and mechanical ( dial type) boost controller. If you didn't

learn to drive that car quickly...... you would be killed or at best, terribly

injured. You guys know the deal. And these sissy guys think the Gt2 is raw lol.
Don't think my motor was built, but black on black, K29, B&B headers and Triflow exhaust (single 4" exhaust), MSD Igniton, Andial IC, Andial Fuel enrichment, European fuel system, lukewarm AC and a handful to drive...Made my 996 turbo feel like a Taurus!!!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:51 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !

K16Gs ( nuthing fancy, Markski gotem for 1600 or so. I broke the record on
1500.00 cheap version lol) make sure and get the ones w/ good wstgt)

3.5 ICs

Free flow exhaust and headers. pref cateless or mimimal. ( yes, headers and I don't care what anyone says )

Greddy ebc

K & N

and lose min. 200 lbs and if you hit 300 you'll be faster than most $500,000+ super cars.

Super responsive and Fast as a scalded dog! PERFECT street / track car.

About $7000.00 with Markski ( after k24 sold/ traded) Switzer: $1000,000.00 Evoms: First born male child and undisclosed cash amount.

Mark and Jonn aka Speedtech offer a lotta bang for the buck quality exhaust setups.

Tell whoever you buy your parts from that you want a free tune thrown in
or no dice! You might be surprised lol. Make sure it's a reputable tuner.

You oughta get at least 1500.00 for your K24s
Money out of pocket shouldn't exceed 7000.00 after you sell/ trade turbos

You will be VERY happy
Evoms: First born male child and undisclosed cash amount.

Thanks for this info. K16 billets are looking good, I'm just wondering if I don't spend an additional 3k for A28's, am I going to be pissed?

I drove the K16/16g billet car (Thanks Lance) and it was fun. However, unfair comparison since he's on meth and has the intercoolers and all. However, should I spend the 7-10k, I would be in that ballpark.

I did a couple of straight line pulls, but I didn't want to beat the **** out of someone elses car, unless I was planning on buying it...

These decisions are driving me mad.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:58 PM
I always thought the 28's were nearly 16g spool with better than 18G power...almost seems like a no brainer...almost....

Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I always thought the 28's were nearly 16g spool with better than 18G power...almost seems like a no brainer...almost....
I have to say that seems pretty much true depending on the supporting mods, since I have been in a few of those type of cars to compare to my 18g set-up.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:23 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Get inlet pipes, ic's, gut the cats, and it wouldn't hurt to get some injectors on your current setup. Inlet pipes made a nice change on spool on my 24/18's and I don't think they have much lag at all. Your not maximizing your current setup and these are all things I would do anyways on a larger turbo. I think you will be pleasantly pleased I put 550/642 whp/wtq on 93 on Epl's dyno.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Don't think my motor was built, but black on black, K29, B&B headers and Triflow exhaust (single 4" exhaust), MSD Igniton, Andial IC, Andial Fuel enrichment, European fuel system, lukewarm AC and a handful to drive...Made my 996 turbo feel like a Taurus!!!
Hmmmmm. Have you driven the twin turbo AWD SHO?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by dhahlen
Evoms: First born male child and undisclosed cash amount.

Thanks for this info. K16 billets are looking good, I'm just wondering if I don't spend an additional 3k for A28's, am I going to be pissed?

I drove the K16/16g billet car (Thanks Lance) and it was fun. However, unfair comparison since he's on meth and has the intercoolers and all. However, should I spend the 7-10k, I would be in that ballpark.

I did a couple of straight line pulls, but I didn't want to beat the **** out of someone elses car, unless I was planning on buying it...

These decisions are driving me mad.

If you got the Money.....it's like ttboost said, no brainer.

and it's like johnspeed said, it's all about the supporting
mods.

One very important thing to consider: The 16g turbos are itty
bitty machines and they produce a whole lotta heat! That means
excessive heat soak at the track. Even with big IC's

The a28s are much more efficient soooo less heat soak.

Very important variable to consider since you're a track guy.
I've had both setups and you will not be disappointed with either
but given your needs, the a28 is one stop shopping.

Lose some weight off the car, big ICs, inlet pipes, Y pipe, exhaust
headers and greddy. Stock block's ok for pump up to 1.25 bar
Beyond that you gotta do a built job. It's all about the Benjamin's.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
I'm thinking of the GTX 2867 or the Borg warner EFR 6258. The EFR looks like a great deal with minor fabrication work.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:51 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
How is your car working out Alexei?
My car =