996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video - Eddie Bello vs Underground Gallardo in Final @ Texas Invitational

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Malu59RT
Pretty sure the TSS staff let Tag launch from the end of the runway, to see if he could hit 200mph by the traps, as there was a $500 NX gift certificate for the first person to trap 200mph at the event, and the cars were only hitting high 180's and 190mph during competition.

If you were there at the event, you saw the excitement from everyone in the crowd when Eddie raced. Everyone expected UGR to sweep, especially with so many cars at the event. When Mullet and Eddie raced, the crowd clapped when Eddie won. When Bob Helms and Eddie Bello raced, I was behind the hangar doing a photoshoot, saw the cars at the end of the runway, and heard people clapping again. That was the race Eddie broke his rocker arm, but I knew he won just because I could hear people yelling and clapping all the way on the other end of the airport. Then he raced Bill's gray Super G with Kevin driving, and people were blown away. Everybody came to support him with cooling the car down before the final race against Tag, one guy icing the intercooler, another spraying water from below, and a third person spraying nitrous oxide on the engine to cool it down. Eddie appreciated everyone supporting him, and helping him out, and I've been to every Texas Invitational event, and the crowd never came together like they did for Eddie yesterday. His presence at the event really made this event, for me and several of my friends. The crowd loved him, and I think everyone was really rallying to see him win, especially with a few of the problems he had along the way, and still getting the car ready to go throughout the event.

Truly the highlight of my weekend, seeing Eddie represent the Porsche crowd so well!

Thank you for that write up!! Very FEW people know that Bello is the "Peoples Champ"

Eddie Tito Bello, this one is for you my dear friend you earned

Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
ZO6ER is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Trap speeds mean nothing. Bello trapped 149 and beat Bob's 189 lol.
Sorry Todd but Bello trapped 185.43 and Helms 185.03...just to clear up traps.

Runs were still amazing to watch.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
MCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZO6ER

I think Todd meant that in their run against each other Bello trapped 149 & Helms trapped 185, which is correct - this would be the run that Eddie broke his rocker arm.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
That's not true at all...hit trap speeds indicate how fast someone's car is (albeit just like in drag racing the quickest et wins). Bello is an old street racer, he took the hit on every race and never looked back (same as I would have done)...on another note damn the Lamborghini was pulling hard on bello on the big end. Look at the vid around 3:45. Anyhow congrats to the KOTS Tag and to the 6-speed champ Bello
Peter
Eddie did not have one red lighted run if I recall right? He was very mindful of not red lighting anyone to limit his runs because he planned on winning the whole event. To prove that statement, Eddie beat KOTS car in the 6 speed challenge. Dont think for a second this was "by chance" their was data taken on every run and used to improve or prove what Eddie was doing was working. Eddie broke two rocker arms running Bob helm (sorry if I miss spelled your name) the rockers broke top of 3rd gear, Eddie was running to 5 gear in every run so He lost all of 4th and all of 5th. still for the win! UGR has a very impressive program, cars are fast!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !

When Eddie and Bob ran in king of the streets Eddie did a 146 trap with broken rockers for the win. I have video vbox of all runs by eddie and if wants that info out it will be, until then know Eddie won that race in the first half of the track and did nothing for the second half.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Tim, yea, my post didn't read right...i'm NOT inferring Eddie jumped anyone, i'm inferring that Eddie yanked EVERYONE at the hit, he is a seasoned street racer so he is ON POINT at the hit, the others, not so much. Also, the "red light" thing is 100% judgement call and sometimes they are spot on, sometimes they aren't. That's racing! Bottom line is Eddie impressed me and many others this past weekend...he came, he won the 6-speed challenge....period. I would have liked to see him get through the KOTS as well but as happens in racing...SHIP breaks! I wish the runway was 500+ ft longer so these cars could stretch their legs more (shift sector run length is 2,400 ft vs. 1,500 ft at TI for reference)...I bet many race outcomes would have been different. And yes, I know, shoulda coulda woulda! Congrats to Eddie and Tag!
Peter

Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Eddie did not have one red lighted run if I recall right? He was very mindful of not red lighting anyone to limit his runs because he planned on winning the whole event. To prove that statement, Eddie beat KOTS car in the 6 speed challenge. Dont think for a second this was "by chance" their was data taken on every run and used to improve or prove what Eddie was doing was working. Eddie broke two rocker arms running Bob helm (sorry if I miss spelled your name) the rockers broke top of 3rd gear, Eddie was running to 5 gear in every run so He lost all of 4th and all of 5th. still for the win! UGR has a very impressive program, cars are fast!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
I like that people have 1/4 mi for drag racing at a drag strip, and practically a 1/4 mile for roll racing at TI. It encourages drivers to work on reaction time, setting up their suspension, making sure the car hooks, hit every gear, put as much power down as early as possible, etc. To exaggerate the point, what fun would it be if we had a 2 mile roll race? None of that would matter, just who had the tallest gearing. There were definitely some races the other car had to work hard to catch up before the finish line, but that's what made those races exciting!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Yea for sure.....the distance forces each driver to be on their game.....sure would be great to have another 500-700 ft though!

Peter

Originally Posted by Malu59RT
I like that people have 1/4 mi for drag racing at a drag strip, and practically a 1/4 mile for roll racing at TI. It encourages drivers to work on reaction time, setting up their suspension, making sure the car hooks, hit every gear, put as much power down as early as possible, etc. To exaggerate the point, what fun would it be if we had a 2 mile roll race? None of that would matter, just who had the tallest gearing. There were definitely some races the other car had to work hard to catch up before the finish line, but that's what made those races exciting!

Old 04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
When Eddie and Bob ran in king of the streets Eddie did a 146 trap with broken rockers for the win. I have video vbox of all runs by eddie and if wants that info out it will be, until then know Eddie won that race in the first half of the track and did nothing for the second half.

Ah, my mistake in mixing runs. I meant their best traps period.....(dammit, do I have to say sorry to Todd now?)

Forgot He did brake on that run against Helms. You guys did a great job getting it back down to the starting line to compete in 6speed.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Peter, how many 1200-600rw cars were at Shift sector? Can they handle the prolonged "drive train beating" for a full 1/2 mile run?

Old 04-16-2013, 03:44 PM
No clue.....shift sector is 0.4x miles and I know of 5-10 that ran that make 600+ whp...Eric Carver would know better as he has run that event.
Peter

Peter, how many 1200-600rw cars were at Shift sector? Can they handle the prolonged "drive train beating" for a full 1/2 mile run?

Old 04-16-2013, 05:55 PM
WILLIAMP is infamous around these parts
Those are some impressive runs.

Congratulations to Bello!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
That's not true at all...hit trap speeds indicate how fast someone's car is (albeit just like in drag racing the quickest et wins). Bello is an old street racer, he took the hit on every race and never looked back (same as I would have done)...on another note damn the Lamborghini was pulling hard on bello on the big end. Look at the vid around 3:45. Anyhow congrats to the KOTS Tag and to the 6-speed champ Bello
Peter
Both cars are sick, but im willing to bet Kevin was on his A game when he was racing Eddie. Also on the run where Kevin and Eddie ran, Eddie let off before the finish line and left the car in gear which as we all know is a huge drag. That is why at the 3:45 mark it looks like Kevin is pulling so hard. Here is the video from inside Eddies car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=H8p3YWxyJF4#!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Swole Powell
Both cars are sick, but im willing to bet Kevin was on his A game when he was racing Eddie. Also on the run where Kevin and Eddie ran, Eddie let off before the finish line and left the car in gear which as we all know is a huge drag. That is why at the 3:45 mark it looks like Kevin is pulling so hard. Here is the video from inside Eddies car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=H8p3YWxyJF4#!

Damn you guys don't miss nothing... there was drag radials on the lambo too.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Ah, my mistake in mixing runs. I meant their best traps period.....(dammit, do I have to say sorry to Todd now?)

Forgot He did brake on that run against Helms. You guys did a great job getting it back down to the starting line to compete in 6speed.
Thank you, there was no way we were just going to pack up because of a little thing like rocker arms. There was so much going on that I would love to just go and watch so I could try and soak it in. That is some event you have there! I will be back with my car and so will Eddie, maybe a few more cars from our area too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video - Eddie Bello vs Underground Gallardo in Final @ Texas Invitational