996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997 tranny mount vs Torque Solution inserts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
I have the torque solutions motor mounts and window welded transmission mount now. I just recently bought the blue track density trans mount insert. i will report back once installed.
The blue one is basically their solid mount. When I spoke with Eddie he said they only recommend the blue ones strictly for full bore track cars. Apparently the black ones are what 90% of the GT3 guys are getting. Curious to see what you think.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
The blue one is basically their solid mount. When I spoke with Eddie he said they only recommend the blue ones strictly for full bore track cars. Apparently the black ones are what 90% of the GT3 guys are getting. Curious to see what you think.
I'm curious myself. My bet is it is not as unbearable as people make it seem. I feel the car is really comfortable and vibration free with the window welded trans mount and torque solutions motor mounts.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I also have the 997 tranny mount (with my 996 OEM motor mounts still in place since they're in great condition) and I haven't noticed any real difference versus the stock 996 tranny mount. However, I had the LWFW and stage 3 clutch added at the same time (along with a lot of other things, see my build thread in my sig).

Personally from everything I've read, I wouldn't go with the Torque Solutions engine mounts for a street car. They're really best reserved for a car that spends most of its time on the track and/or is a weekend driver.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Well this afternoon I installed the blue track density torque solutions transmission mount. As many of you assumed it is in fact VERY LOUD!! It transmits every sound in to the cabin. Pared with a light weight flywheel it does sound.... Well, terrible from inside. Shifts seem much more precise. You can hear a rattling noise from the flywheel like you wouldn't believe. I'm going to keep it installed... Till I get the black one hehe. Unless you simple don't care about the rattling sound and very loud flywheel chatter than this mount is not for you.

Not sure if this mount is worth keeping considering all the noise. Installing it on my lift was a breeze so don't mind swapping it again.

Sent from my ipad while drinking blue label and smoking hookah.... Goodnight :-)