996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:47 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by C4S Surgeon
In reading all of the threads, counselor I believe your shop was at fault for doing a poor install on a fine product. The fact that Ruf is willing to cut you some slack and help you out speaks volumes for Ruf, you would never see gambella, etc do that for a customer. I say again, just let Ruf make it right for you, that's some free medical advice!
he doesn't need free medical advice...he took the MCAT remember ?

Old 07-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by RufMD

MCAT??? Never said that. Your attention to detail is astonishingly bad. Therein lies the problem with much of this thread. Say anything regardless of veracity.

C4S surgeon:
I will give it a shot, although I somehow think I will get stuck with additional shop costs irregardless as to who faults it is.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:01 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice

Old 07-29-2005, 02:35 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RufMD

Yapp, I'm the one who took the MCAT. Maybe you should read the posts before you comment? I hope you pay more attention to your patients Mr Dr, MD, PhD racer!

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 07-29-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:46 PM
I really hope that this issue will get resolved and I still think that this thread might serve the purpose. At least there is some dialogue between Doug and Ruf. However what's with a few loyal Ruf customers slamming Doug? From what I gathered from the posts, its still not established that Ruf is w/out blame. So why not wait until all facts are in before making any judgements?

Ps aren't moderators supposed to be objective?

Old 07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by techart 996 #3
From what I gathered from the posts, its still not established that Ruf is w/out blame. So why not wait until all facts are in before making any judgements?

Ps aren't moderators supposed to be objective?

because Ruf has stepped up and said they'll solve the issue whether they are to blame or not

and why do mods need to be objective

Old 07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
because Ruf has stepped up and said they'll solve the issue whether they are to blame or not

and why do mods need to be objective
It would seem objectivity would help moderating? But I guess it's not a necessity.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Sorcerer is infamous around these parts
The bottom line is that this forum was not the place to bring up the issues with the bumper untill you had finalized an arrangment with Ruf. Your post should have been one of the following: 1) Had a problem with my bumper, Ruf dealt with it the right way. Great Guys highly recomend doing business with them. Or 2) My bumper is not right and guys from Ruf have refused to take care of it the right way. Instead you started a fiasco while you were still sorting things out with them. So now regardless of how they handle the issue I doubt they will ever want to do business with you again. Which I don't think anyone will blame them for. You have embarrased yourself and made an uncomfortable situation for the people at Ruf. It is my recomendation that in fairness to the people at Ruf you are removed from the board. I think you should also probably be disbarred for discussing the details of a pending trial on a Porsche forum. Not to mention that if you are dealing with such a horrific case, the last thing on your mind should be the bumper on your Porsche. I am sure the guy who lost his whole family and had to hold up his mothers severed head would love to know that his lawyer was thinking about his next 6speed post rather than winning the case... Glad your not my lawyer since I've never seen anyone step on their own toes so well.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
It would seem objectivity would help moderating? But I guess it's not a necessity.
moderators are just regular members w/ the ability to halt the bull**** and move threads. They shouldn't have to watch what they say. They aren't our role models or anything

Old 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Sorcerer
The bottom line is that this forum was not the place to bring up the issues with the bumper untill you had finalized an arrangment with Ruf. Your post should have been one of the following: 1) Had a problem with my bumper, Ruf dealt with it the right way. Great Guys highly recomend doing business with them. Or 2) My bumper is not right and guys from Ruf have refused to take care of it the right way. Instead you started a fiasco while you were still sorting things out with them. So now regardless of how they handle the issue I doubt they will ever want to do business with you again. Which I don't think anyone will blame them for. You have embarrased yourself and made an uncomfortable situation for the people at Ruf. It is my recomendation that in fairness to the people at Ruf you are removed from the board. I think you should also probably be disbarred for discussing the details of a pending trial on a Porsche forum. Not to mention that if you are dealing with such a horrific case, the last thing on your mind should be the bumper on your Porsche. I am sure the guy who lost his whole family and had to hold up his mothers severed head would love to know that his lawyer was thinking about his next 6speed post rather than winning the case... Glad your not my lawyer since I've never seen anyone step on their own toes so well.
You cannot be for real. People get so bent and some of this thinking is bizarre.

Ban me if they want. Dont really care. There are people that I don't even know, saying they now don't want be my friend or they are putting me on their don't talk to list. Weird behaviour or strange dudes, I dunno which one it is.

BTW, I represent the defendant, what I told you is a matter of public record, and my bumper was the last thing on my mind Monday morning which is why no one got a telephone call about it until after my case got continued. I brought that up to show how trivial this is and I candidly still care very little about all of it.

This thread would have been about 1 page long except for my dumb *** constantly responding to ignorant stuff like this.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Sorcerer
Very well put! But don't you think that you're being a bit harsh?
Doug got plenty of help escalating the matter. Besides by your logic half of this board should be booted for inappropriate posts.

Also, why not discuss the fact that you feel you have been ill treated by a company? Just because Ruf is a reputable company doesn't make them immune to complaints. And what is a more appropriate venue to bring it up among your peers, other than 6speed? I really don't see where Doug made an error posting his unfortunate experience with Ruf.

In regards to disclosing details of a pendig case, I have nothing to say.

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 07-29-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
moderators are just regular members w/ the ability to halt the bull**** and move threads. They shouldn't have to watch what they say. They aren't our role models or anything
This thread is not about moderators. However I think moderators should be held to a higher standard. They should be objective, fair and impartial in disputes. Although not rolemodels unless they really want to.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorcerer is infamous around these parts
This is 100% the forum to discuss complaints about a tuner, but not untill the issue has been resolved. Doug created a disaster for himself. He should have dealt with ruf then posted an outcome. That is all I was trying to say. In all fairness to Doug I don't really think you should be kicked off the board, but I think alot of people need to think more before they post something. keep in mind lots of people can read this stuff....

Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
I really don't see where Doug made an error posting his unfortunate experience with Ruf.
The point of this thread is that I and many others don't see how he has had an unfortunate experience with Ruf (and the same would apply if it was any other tuner who had done this).

Ignoring the board postings on here entirely, the summary of the whole situation is that he has a problem with the final result of a Ruf supplied bumper after it was fitted by another firm. When he talks to Ruf they apologise and offer him a replacement or a refund......where's the bad experience in that.....?

Old 07-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Guy
The point of this thread is that I and many others don't see how he has had an unfortunate experience with Ruf (and the same would apply if it was any other tuner who had done this).

Ignoring the board postings on here entirely, the summary of the whole situation is that he has a problem with the final result of a Ruf supplied bumper after it was fitted by another firm. When he talks to Ruf they apologise and offer him a replacement or a refund......where's the bad experience in that.....?
Eg. (although exagerated)

"Here take your money back, I don't need your stinking business!"

"Sorry about the inconvenice, we'll gladly refund you your money!"

There is a difference although the outcome is the same.

I'm not saying that's how Ruf handled it but it seems Doug wasn't happy with how he was treated when the problem arose. So......I still maintain that when I spend money somewhere, I expect my experience to be a pleasant one. (Again call me crazy.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post