996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
So in your view, Ruf are bad, because a lawyer was upset and felt slighted by someone's tone of voice.............wow this is a fairy-tale world we live in.......

Old 07-29-2005, 05:59 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Guy
So in your view, Ruf are bad, because a lawyer was upset and felt slighted by someone's tone of voice.............wow this is a fairy-tale world we live in.......
Hello guy,
Neither you nor I know exactly how the conversation transpired. Alhough, I do suspect there was more to it than an unpleasant tone of voice. Maybe I'm making a faulty assumption but I've got this feeling that Ruf weren't accomodating enough, thus Doug's reluctance to positively review his "bumper experience" at 6speed. Moreover any company lives and dies by its customers. With my customers/clients I make a point of trying to please all of them (with a smile on my face). If I fail, then I go to lenghts to rectify my shortcomings, why?..........because Customer is King. If Doug and Ruf both say that accomodations were made then I'll glady shut up. Until then I'm siding with Doug.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Sorcerer
This is 100% the forum to discuss complaints about a tuner, but not untill the issue has been resolved. Doug created a disaster for himself. He should have dealt with ruf then posted an outcome. That is all I was trying to say. In all fairness to Doug I don't really think you should be kicked off the board, but I think alot of people need to think more before they post something. keep in mind lots of people can read this stuff....
People took alot of this perhaps in the wrong manner. I type slower than I think, don't proof read and pretty much type a stream on conscious which may or may not be totally clear and just dont care enough to go back edit.

I never tried to say the bumper sucked. Indeed, I constantly said it was much better than others my shop and I had previously encountered. It did bow out, but big deal. I knew it would get fixed. My issue was whether to do a band-aid type of repair or go through hassle and expense of replacing the whole bumper for a small issue.

The problem really escalated when:

(1) it was weekend, I emailed Ruf on Friday after hours, never heard from Ruf until Monday afternoon, and I had some idle time all weekend and really was not sure if I liked the bumper;

(2) Ruf called my shop Monday afternoon and was probably taken back when the shop said they were completely unaware of any issues;

(3) Ruf apparently jumped to the conclusion that I just had second thoughts about the bumper and was looking for a free way out to go back to my stock bumper;

(4) Ruf's possible conclusion that I was just looking for a free way to get out of the bumper was supported by the Ruf v. stock poll thread and the fact that I had not contacted my shop about any porblems when they called the shop Monday afternoon; and

(5) Ruf then gave me what I considered to be BS attitude probably based on (2), (3), (4) & (5).

I was and still am pretty indifferent to the whole thing and thought it was kind of humurous, but awkard, when I posted Ruf not liking my thread and thinking I am a free loader making **** up.

I then get people who apparently got the mob mentality and wanted to punish me by humilating me, criticizing me, taken me off their christmas list or whatever.

I must find this somewhat interesting though because I keep coming back for more. Those who are biased against me will never see it my way no matter what is said. I also think Ruf used others to manipulate the situation rather than deal with me directly, like Rufmd trying to keep me from going to dealer probably because they don't want me incurring additional installation costs for the second bumper.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:39 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
I then get people who apparently got the mob mentality and wanted to punish me by humilating me, criticizing me, taken me off their christmas list or whatever.
Don't let it get to you.. it's people's nature to jump to conclusions. Just speak honestly as I believe you have been, and not hurtfully.. and things will sort themselves out. I'd stop commenting on this thread tho.. it won't help.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:52 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by Doug H
People took alot of this perhaps in the wrong manner. I type slower than I think, don't proof read and pretty much type a stream on conscious which may or may not be totally clear and just dont care enough to go back edit.

I never tried to say the bumper sucked. Indeed, I constantly said it was much better than others my shop and I had previously encountered. It did bow out, but big deal. I knew it would get fixed. My issue was whether to do a band-aid type of repair or go through hassle and expense of replacing the whole bumper for a small issue.

The problem really escalated when:

(1) it was weekend, I emailed Ruf on Friday after hours, never heard from Ruf until Monday afternoon, and I had some idle time all weekend and really was not sure if I liked the bumper;

(2) Ruf called my shop Monday afternoon and was probably taken back when the shop said they were completely unaware of any issues;

(3) Ruf apparently jumped to the conclusion that I just had second thoughts about the bumper and was looking for a free way out to go back to my stock bumper;

(4) Ruf's possible conclusion that I was just looking for a free way to get out of the bumper was supported by the Ruf v. stock poll thread and the fact that I had not contacted my shop about any porblems when they called the shop Monday afternoon; and

(5) Ruf then gave me what I considered to be BS attitude probably based on (2), (3), (4) & (5).

I was and still am pretty indifferent to the whole thing and thought it was kind of humurous, but awkard, when I posted Ruf not liking my thread and thinking I am a free loader making **** up.

I must find this somewhat interesting though because I keep coming back for more. Those who are biased against me will never see it my way no matter what is said. I also think Ruf used others to manipulate the situation rather than deal with me directly, like Rufmd trying to keep me from going to dealer probably because they don't want me incurring additional installation costs for the second bumper.
I've never spoken to anyone at Ruf about this...my comments were based solely on the assinine nature of this thread itself.

I guess I can add the above assumption to the long list of ones you have made. Ruf dealt with you directly then YOU decided to deal INDIRECTLY by posting this pointless thread.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by techart 996 #3
Yapp, I'm the one who took the MCAT. Maybe you should read the posts before you comment? I hope you pay more attention to your patients Mr Dr, MD, PhD racer!
What happened after you took the MCAT ? Oh yeah, the results came in....

Old 07-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Yapp, I'm the one who took the MCAT. Maybe you should read the posts before you comment? I hope you pay more attention to your patients Mr Dr, MD, PhD racer!
Oh and by the way Mr Entrepreneur, Doug H Booster, MCAT taking but not scoring high enough, Techart loving world traveller, don't hate the suffixes, just study harder....

Old 07-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by RufMD
Oh and by the way Mr Entrepreneur, Doug H Booster, MCAT taking but not scoring high enough, Techart loving world traveller, don't hate the suffixes, just study harder....
Lol I apologize for the suffixes truly! Look I respect that you are a doctor. Its truly a noble profession. I know, (not because I am a doctor because Im not), because my father and 7 of my close relatives are md's. Regardless of my MCAT score, I didnt have it in me to be a physician. So I went on to do other things in life. You know there are other respectable jobs to be had besides being a doctor.

Lol I also apologize for embarassing you about the "free medical advise" but the way you were trying to make a joke on 'Doug's expense you kind of deserved it.

How bout we tone it down a little, Im not here to make enemies, are you?

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 07-29-2005 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:53 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Hey Chad, check your PM about Monterey

D

P.S. Sorry to interrupt guys, argue away.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by cjv
Very objective. The only attorney on my ignore list appears to be out of line. The object is to attempt to work the problem out first. It is obvious the person doing the complaining can't even establish who is at fault. I know he wants the defendant to prove himself innocent first.

As for slamming ............... who do you think started the slamming? Whenever I have had a problem I have always had proof before I went to the forum's. There is an old saying, "Loose lips sink ships." Maybe the ship deserves to be sunk .................. maybe it doesn't. What is this attorney going to do if he is wrong after the reputation damage is already done? Say I'm sorry. He of all persons should know the ramifications of his actions. I have no respect for such type of people.
Reading Doug's first few posts, I still dont see him being the one starting slamming people. I think Doug only asked for help and fellow board members opinons on his dilemma. To me it seems more like bystanders on both sides escalated the issue.

To answer your question about what this attorney will do, if he is wrong after the reputation is damaged, all I can say is that nobody at this stage seems to know if the bumper is defective or if install was improper. All the facts arent in! So at this stage I feel that Doug and any person can voice opinion on the matter as long as it is factual and not slanderous. I mean after all its not like were discussing a national security matter.

At any rate for a moderator to put a board member on iggy before all the facts are in, is imo a bit premature.

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 07-29-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:04 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Should I accept this fix and don't think Ruf liked my post

You should accept the money back and move on.

If it doesn't fit, you must remit.

It's not your job as a customer to please a vendor. Don't worry about how they feel. Just get your money's worth or get your money back.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:36 AM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
AFTERMARKET FIT AND FINISH?

I see both points of view. Part "seems" not to fit correctly. Parts from vendors such as Ruf are VERY expensive, therefore any minor imperfections should not be there. On vendors side though, they did want to correct it immediately by changing the piece. One problem with that is to get a new bumper and refinish and fit it, that's serious money down the tube.
ALL aftermarket body panels initially fit poorly or worse! We have installed about a bizillion panels over the several decades AND it sucks! WAY too much labor to make your beauty look like a beast! Carbon fiber and resin parts for the body should "generally" be left to OEM or to a car for the track!
OMT: ONE thing I can never figure out with many 6 speeders....Doesn't anyone care that after these parts are "fitted" NOBODY wants their bastard child on resale? Mark-FORMULA MOTORSPORTS

Old 07-30-2005, 07:37 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Re: Should I accept this fix and don't think Ruf liked my post

Originally posted by collin996tt
It's not your job as a customer to please a vendor. Don't worry about how they feel.
Exactly although doesn't apply here.When i was dealing with this friggen hobbyst car dealer out of Nashville,TN i at times felt apologetic going back and forth buying that car always worrying about offending him not realizing he had stuck a big one up my -ss
Like Collin said screw what RUF or other people think about you do what you think is right and move on with your life.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:45 AM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold

all I can say is that nobody at this stage seems to know if the bumper is defective or if install was improper. All the facts arent in!
That's my biggest beaf with the original poster. He STILL has not answered if the body shop did a test fit. Instead he posts that he wants to take the bodyshop out of the equation. How can you take the body shop out of the equation if you refuse to even ask them what happened? How can we be sure that the bumper didn't get damaged or bent or whatever if he refuses to even ask?? We're just screaming at him to ask the body shop some questions before blaming anyone. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! This thread is driving me insane!!

Old 07-30-2005, 09:57 AM
ammo_collector is infamous around these parts
Very true. Doug claims some RUF supporters are showing extreme bias to RUF. Well, he's showing the same type of blind bias to his bodyshop.

Doug has shown poor judgement in not deleting this thread already.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post