996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by pdutta2000
That's my biggest beaf with the original poster. He STILL has not answered if the body shop did a test fit. Instead he posts that he wants to take the bodyshop out of the equation. How can you take the body shop out of the equation if you refuse to even ask them what happened? How can we be sure that the bumper didn't get damaged or bent or whatever if he refuses to even ask?? We're just screaming at him to ask the body shop some questions before blaming anyone. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! This thread is driving me insane!!
I am trying to cease responding, but I don't want to appear evassive to you. Definintely don't want you to feel AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Yes, it was test fitted. No, no-one noticed the bow. Test fit was on the lift where tires bulged out making it close to impossible to notice since front tires gives you line of reference. The seams were perfect and seams around the orange indicator light on that side was perfect so it was probably just incorrectly assumed that everything was okay. I think the good quality and great fit actually lulled my shop into a false sense of security. Even when on ground, the bow was very sublte and could go unnoticed unless looking for it. But once you see it, it kind of jumps out at you. Hard to explain unless you see it in person.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:00 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Doug H
Hard to explain unless you see it in person.
Exactly. So why don't you just delete this thread and be done with. Let's move onto to a new topic. How long can you keep this up?

Old 07-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by ammo_collector
Very true. Doug claims some RUF supporters are showing extreme bias to RUF. Well, he's showing the same type of blind bias to his bodyshop.

Doug has shown poor judgement in not deleting this thread already.
Here is my original email sent to Ruf on Friday. Does this seem to be blaming Ruf. Am I being an arsehole in this email. Everyone who has looked at my car has agreed that the bumper is on straight but has a bow in the material. I invited Ruf to come up and look and anyone is welcome to do the same. My point is, if all seams straight, why the bow and no-one has been able to point out otherwsie.

Email sent:

I got bumper installed, but noticed it is bowed out in front of the passenger wheel. My shop was actually not you regular insurance cheapo dudes. They pretty much do nothing but restroation of Ferraris, Porsches and fix exotics. Not saying they did not screw up, but just wanted you to know that they are the best in my area.

I attached a picture which shows the bow out. It is about three inches outside of the tire where the lip is at. On the driver's side it is flush with the tire. It actually looks worse in person and now that I know its there it really catches my attention. Is there anyway to fix this. Can they pull it in and screw it down. Did they misalign. The bumper seems to have perfect even seems around all of the lights and body panels. It just bows out at the bottom on the passenger side.

The second photo shows the driver's side wherein the tire and bumper lip are even.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by collin996tt
Exactly. So why don't you just delete this thread and be done with. Let's move onto to a new topic. How long can you keep this up?
You right. I am done. Although I had a down week since my trial canceled, I need to get to work.

Last edited by Doug H; 07-30-2005 at 10:13 AM.