996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:23 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by collin996tt
What Rave said about what RT7 said.
yeah what collin said about what rave said about what Rt7 said

Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Personally, once a thread like this appears, any goodwill a vendor is willing to extend should be pulled. Obviously, Ruf is trying to do everything it can to make you happy, while you are doing everything you can to give them a negative image.

Not suprising that you or the installer are not willing to consider the possibility that it was a bad install (especially considering all the bumpers are made from the same mold, and no previous problems have been reported).

Old 07-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Originally posted by RufMD
Personally, once a thread like this appears, any goodwill a vendor is willing to extend should be pulled. Obviously, Ruf is trying to do everything it can to make you happy, while you are doing everything you can to give them a negative image.

Not suprising that you or the installer are not willing to consider the possibility that it was a bad install (especially considering all the bumpers are made from the same mold, and no previous problems have been reported).
Also, it seems RUF was willing to extend goodwill even before this thread was created.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:54 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Based on my experience (and many others) with RUF, I can not imagine how this problem was not easily resolved with one phone call. The RUF's have a long history of standing behind their products, even sending technicians from Germany to "make things right", if necessary. Alois and Astonia Ruf are very nice people to deal with and they take their reputation seriously.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:19 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
someone needs to tell this to Techart
Techart sent me a new bumper due to the original fitting poorly...

Old 07-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Super People-Super Service

Alois & Estonia are super people. The Ruf staff is incredible and the news guys in Dallas seem to fit the mold too.
RufMD said all there is to be said,so please accept the Ruf offering and get on with your life.

Cheers

Roland Roth
Factory Ruf 00' CTR

Old 07-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by RufMD
Jesus, Ruf is offering a full refund and picking installation costs from an obvious sub par installer that YOU picked, and you're still not happy because "they mad me feel bad" ?

Too friggin funny....
Funny how someone can jump to the conlsuion it was the installer's fault without even seeing the bumper on the car.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by John D II
Based on my experience (and many others) with RUF, I can not imagine how this problem was not easily resolved with one phone call. The RUF's have a long history of standing behind their products, even sending technicians from Germany to "make things right", if necessary. Alois and Astonia Ruf are very nice people to deal with and they take their reputation seriously.
Not easily resolved because it is such a PIA for such a minor issue that I will probably just live with it. I probably lose more billable hours messing with than bumper cost and there is not anyone better or more qualified to do the job here in Memphis. Even the Porsche dealer sends their stuff to this guy.

I understand Rufmds and Ruf racer's loyalty to Ruf and Ruf service, but perhaps people should not speculate, criticize or jump to conclusions when they have not seen the bumper on my car or the installation job first hand.

Last edited by Doug H; 07-27-2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by cjv
Word has it and others reported the same problem with the Techart front for a brief period of time. Techart resolved the problem. This particular problem is the first I have heard regarding Ruf. We the audience we have if Ruf had a problem I'm sure we will hear about it from more than one member.

The solution is simple then. Have Ruf come up here, look it over, and reinstall it if done incorrectly they should be able to make it line up perfectly.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:48 AM
JayM is infamous around these parts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, what someone needs to tell them is "Don't sell aftermarket parts to anyone named Doug in Memphis."

Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JayM

Actually, what someone needs to tell them is "Don't sell aftermarket parts to anyone named Doug in Memphis."

Your right. I know better. I have lost count of the number of 911s I have owned and I have been there and done that with about every after market company. I absolutely stay away from fiberglass stuff and really would not have considered anything other than Ruf or OEM GT2.

cjv and everyone talks about molds. The issue is actually so subtle (until it is pointed out) I bet 9 out of 10 people would not notice it. I really just noticed it from a single photograph and then went and looked for it in person and walla, there it was.

Here is the picture. The problem is the bow out about halfway down. The only thing I can think of my shop may have down to cause this was not bend a bracket enough on that side radiator, but I am not sure if the side radiator is actually repositioned. Anyway, that could potentially cause it to bow out at the very bottom. Otherwise, this piece may just have came out of the mold funny or everyone has it and no one has looked at this spot close enough or fron the right angle yet. My shop did suck the bow out by using a bunch of screws. Maybe this what others are doing also. I don't know.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Doug H; 07-27-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Here, I circled where the bow starts. Unless something from inside or around the lip was pushing it out, which it was not because we pushed it back in, then there seems to be a bend right here. You can see all the seams are lined up well.

Anyway, I am over it. Can live with the fix as long as the scews don't let go and it pops back out.

If Ruf really concerned about it, I will leave the car at my dealer (need a light switch replaced anyway) and they can take a looksy or try to see what happened, or better yet, readjust it where the screws are no longer needed.

That would make me happy and would be much cheaper for everyone.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Doug H; 07-27-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:44 AM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by pdutta2000
have Ruf install it as well? It's not like they won't fly someone out.
LMAO..... right

Old 07-27-2005, 11:03 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 02barebones996
never had any problems with my techarts fit n finish is perfect... came with small sections of clear bra to prevent paint chipping..
you are one of few from what i've read

I love it when parts fit how they should

Old 07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by TwinStepGun
LMAO..... right
Ruf has flown out techs to customers homes for warranty work, minor suspension adjustments, and practically anything to keep customers happy. Their committment to customer service is legendary, just ask anyone who has needed it.

I recently took my car in to the Porsche dealer for warranty work. The dealer put in a call to Pffafenhausen and spoke to a Ruf tech. The service manager got off the phone and was incredulous. Said the Ruf rep told him to fix whatever was necessary under warranty, and if any extra work was required, just do it and BILL Ruf for the difference. Turns out the fix was minor, and the dealer took care of it, but the impression given to the dealer was not forgotten.

Oh, and by the way, my Ruf warranty was over at the time !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post