996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Guy
Simple.

Wait until Monday then do a then b.

Option c achieves nothing until you have exhausted the other options and is something used as a tactic to shame a company into action that would not otherwise respond in the appropriate manner. Ruf are well known for their qualiity service as they have proved in their response, so your thread was a badly misjudged action.
That is silly. I am not shaming anyone. I am not asking for anything except if I should just deal with the current fix as opposed to going through the hassle of trying out a new bumper.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
MWM
MWM is infamous around these parts
Unhappy

I'm not sure why everyone's jumping on Doug here; he hasn't come across as a jackass on this board, ever.

All he did was recount exactly what happened to him. No exaggeration or flaming. It seems like many are very emotional about Ruf the company, and the "cognitive dissonance" in their brains is telling them "No f'n way could that have happened! Ruf is tops!"

Thanks Doug for posting this. I don't think any less of Ruf nor of you after reading it. But I am fascinated by some of the other responses I've seen.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Seems like I got three or four Ruf owners coming at me pretty hard so I ask you guys:

(1) what should I have done or should I just not have bought a Ruf part since I live in the boonies where there are no Ruf shops handy;

(2) should I ask Ruf to come an examine it and see if they can straighten;

(3) just live with the minor flaw;

(4) have Ruf send me a new bumper cover and then who should I have install it; and

(5) does Ruf have an approved list I should use.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you talked to the body shop about this at all? Have you used the shop before? It seems that your blaming Ruf for the bad fitment, and out to give them a bad name.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by red944
Have you talked to the body shop about this at all? Have you used the shop before? It seems that your blaming Ruf for the bad fitment, and out to give them a bad name.
Covered in previous posts. My body shop is the one who did the screw job pictured on page 1. Why would I have it out for Ruf. I like Ruf products, have bought their products in the past (first time from Ruf Autocentre though), and bought this bumper from them because I considered them to be the best. Still doesn't negate that I have a bumper that is not perfectly aligned.

Please read and evaluate everything in all posts before accusing me of whatever. Already covered shop and covered their reputation and ability.

Just curious and no-one has answered, is it impossible for a plyurethane peice to set up incorrectly or warp. Is it a physical impossibility for their to be any variation in polyurethane part under any circumstances.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:58 PM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Doug H

(2) No-one here knows anything about my shop or their abilities; and
Exactly!! And a lot of people know a lot about Rufs quality and their service....that's why people are asking you to question the installer.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:59 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by MWM
I'm not sure why everyone's jumping on Doug here; he hasn't come across as a jackass on this board, ever.

All he did was recount exactly what happened to him. No exaggeration or flaming. It seems like many are very emotional about Ruf the company, and the "cognitive dissonance" in their brains is telling them "No f'n way could that have happened! Ruf is tops!"

Thanks Doug for posting this. I don't think any less of Ruf nor of you after reading it. But I am fascinated by some of the other responses I've seen.
strange you're not fascinated by Ruf's response....

Old 07-27-2005, 06:06 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
When you are selling something the customer is always king. Always!!! Unless the customer is being unreasonable which Doug imo isn't, the vendor should bend over backwards to please. This issue has spilled over into a public forum which could have been prevented by Ruf if they indeed would have bent over. If Ruf cares about sales and profit at all, they would realize that even if pleasing the customer mean giving away free merchandise and taking a loss, they will recover their losses through word of good customer service and possibly repeat business. Instead Ruf has now managed to turn away potential customers at this forum. It's not hard to figure out that it would have been a smarter move to please the customer even if it meant, them fixing a problem that was no fault of theirs. It is pretty obvious to me that Ruf didn't do enough to please. Im a retailer myself. I would be embarassed if someone expressed malcontent about my company in a public forum.

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 07-27-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:08 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by Doug H
Then perhaps Ruf should not send parts out. I don't know. Too easy for one to blame the other and me to get stuck in the middle.

Even if a mold is used, is it absolutely impossible for a piece to come out wrong. Can it not set up incorrectly or warp during cool down.

This is just the nature of the beast. I used the absolute best shop charging the highest rate in my area. This is who my Porsche dealer uses for their stuff. My only other option was to drive to Dallas which is not feasible for a bumper. So what gives.

What should I have done. Your the md, tell me doc, what should I have done or should I just not have bought a Ruf part since I live in the boonies where there are no Ruf shops handy.
Since you ask, you should have taken their gracious offer for a full refund since you weren't satisfied, and not come crying on the board when the ultimate solution had already been offered to you.

What the heck more do you want ?

Old 07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by techart 996 #3
When you are selling something the customer is always king. Always!!! Unless the customer is being unreasonable which the customer in question imo isn't, the vendor should bend over backwards to please. This issue has spilled over into a public forum which could have been prevented by Ruf if they indeed would have bent over. If Ruf cares about sales and profit at all, they would realize that even if pleasing the customer mean giving away free merchandise and taking a loss, they will recover it through word of good customer service and possibly repeat business.
What aspect of full refund of parts and installation don't you understand ?

If Doug H was unhappy with the installed look, would he be happier with it if Ruf gave it to him for free ?

Old 07-27-2005, 06:26 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RufMD
What aspect of full refund of parts and installation don't you understand ?

If Doug H was unhappy with the installed look, would he be happier with it if Ruf gave it to him for free ?
Hello
Ruf MD, I should have you defrocked for your impudence lol. Please don't insult my intelligence by asking me what I dont understand. I test well on most IQ tests and I even did well on the MCAT lol.

In all seriousness please read my ENTIRE post. My point is that Ruf could have done more to please (good customer service is not only about selling a good product, it's also about making the customer feel good). It would have been beneficial to them both economically and reputation wise.

You obviously got treated right by Ruf and now you're out there evangelizing their product. Doug on the other hand is doing the opposite when he easily could have been a Ruf proponent. That will cost them.

Cheers RufMD

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 07-27-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:34 PM
MWM
MWM is infamous around these parts
Smile

strange you're not fascinated by Ruf's response....
I'm really not . . . the thing that pissed Doug off was the tone of voice from the Ruf rep. Doug explained that the chief guy in his bodyshop wouldn't be in the shop first thing; I'm not surprised that whoever else that answered the phone in the shop didn't know everything about the bumper issue when Hans called the body shop.

I agree that Doug should have taken them up on the replacement bumper and labor costs to make it right once and for all (I cringe as I write this, given that I hate like hell for someone to have the keys to my car when they know I won't be around . . . ). However, back to the point: I live and die by the tone I use with my customers. I get extremely pissed if I'm the customer and somebody pulls a ****ty attitude with me. If this Hans fella did that (note I said "if"), then his post could easily have said "sorry I was short; let's sort it out, it's important I make it right."

Old 07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
I could be wrong but if the problem was with the product from Ruf, it seems someone would have/should have noticed or inspected the part prior to painting and installation.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:04 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
i guess what happens now is budges first.. will doug remve the bumper and ruff will refund it. or doug wont do nothing and have ruf send a tech out there...

there are 2 sides to astory and soemwhere inthere is teh truth,...

Old 07-27-2005, 07:13 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by MJC123
I could be wrong but if the problem was with the product from Ruf, it seems someone would have/should have noticed or inspected the part prior to painting and installation.
NO SH*T! who paints and installs something without fitting it first?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post