996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
hans you have PM!

Check your private mail Hans.

R

Old 07-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by RufMD
Since you ask, you should have taken their gracious offer for a full refund since you weren't satisfied, and not come crying on the board when the ultimate solution had already been offered to you.

What the heck more do you want ?
Full refund???

Ya don't even know what you are talking about. The costs associated with redoing all plumbing, buying new brackets and putting stock back on was not discussed or offered to me.

The sole quesiton in this thread that you conveniently ignored is quiet simple:

Should I be happy with the screw job and what I have now or should I get a new Ruf bumper and try again to get it right.

Interestingly:

You condone or promote that if someone is unhappy wth a Ruf product they should keep their mouth shut and for keeping their mouth shut they just be reimbursed or refunded. Once they open their mouth, good will should be taken off the table.

I'd say that appraoch lacks morals or ethics. I don't hold anything over any ones head. If I am happy, I report it. If I am unhappy, I am not calling and saying you give me this or I will blab all over 6speed online. I simply report it just as if I do when I am happy and I don't expect anything in return for my silence, loyalty or lack thereof. If that is the way you or Ruf does business, then shame on you guys.

Haha, I sound like my grand mother now.

Last edited by Doug H; 07-27-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by rockitman
This looks like an installer problem. Stop slamming Ruf. If the part was warped, they offered a fair solution. Close this thread!!!
I am not slamming Ruf. The Ruf guys are slamming me.

The only fair solution is have Ruf come and try to align the bumper. That way they can say: (1) the bumper is screwed, (2) my car is screwed, or (3) the shop screwed something up. I don't care. I would prefer to have a properly fitted bumper if possible.

I don't think this was ever offered.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:17 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by fasteddiett
NO SH*T! who paints and installs something without fitting it first?
this is so the body shops fault - RUF Products are the best I have ever seen and i have sen em all - you should see some of the tech art noses before installation - they are a mess

if they offered a new nose take it and go to a better shop next time buddy

Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by hhans
Doug,

actual what was said is that i didn't want anyone driving around with a RUF Bumper that is defective or doesn't look right, i never even discussed the possibility that the Bodyshop might be at fault, i was alerted by numerous people about your posting via email and phone calls Monday morning, i immediately emailed you and asked to speak to the Bodyshop, which didn't get us anywhere
than when we spoke in Person i never argued with you, i immediately offered a new Bumper and i offered to pay "you're Bodyshop"to paint it again without any Argument, however reading your Post and you're own Poll about returning the Bumper i offered a full Refund incl the Bodyshop bill, also Doug, please read the emails I sent to you, maybe you can post those on this Thread, i do not know how to this, but you have my permission,
Gentleman to put a stop to this, we at RUF do this because we love Cars and we love RUF, heck i would do this without pay,
My Sole intention all this Time was to take care of Doug, unfortunately he took it the wrong way and without calling us or
emailing us posted on this Board,
Unfortunately this has gone to far !
You recall some things differently than I. I came to the board with one objective yesterday. I wanted to determine whether the screw fix was acceptable or if I should seek a replacement bumper. I told you the same thing. I said I did not want to spend your money on all of this if we could basically put a band aide on it and make me okay with it. That badn aide repair was the screw job. I told you I had not had a chance to look over the screw job and that I will see if it was acceptable. Came here to get a second opinion about the screw job and all hell breaks lose.

Basically, the attitudes ruined everything. Left bad taste in my mouth. I pretty much don't care any more, but after all the BS and bad attitudes, I think it would be funny if your "experts" came up here and could not aligh this bumper any better than those hometown hacks that I hired to do the work.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by cjv
I have heard mention of installers under your control rearranging radiators, brackets and hoses. Has anyone checked to see if any of these parts location is causing this bulge?

Doug, I specialize in body language which includes tones and words used. Is there anything behind the usage of "my" as in my bodyshop.

This is not a flame, just an honest question.
I keep bringing this point up for someone with knowledge to address. I obviously am opening doors to cast blame on my shop if they did soemthing wrong. I have never set out to say its all Ruf's fault. Just noone has said anything intelligent that indicates its their fault other than they should have seen during prep work.

Hans could chime in on the radiator issue. But, I addressed this earlier, the panel was not against a radiator. We could push the panel in a good 2 or so inches. If against the radiator, I don't think the radiator would move 2 or so inches. Could be wrong.

I wish Ruf would fly they merry selves up here and try to fix it. My shop is super stand up guys and I bet if they did something wrong, they would remiburse for it. Then again, I am also betting a round a breskies or a nice Bordaeux that Ruf themselves could not get this one to align properly.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dj
this is so the body shops fault - RUF Products are the best I have ever seen and i have sen em all - you should see some of the tech art noses before installation - they are a mess

if they offered a new nose take it and go to a better shop next time buddy
There is not a better body shop around here. Explained earlier in detail

Old 07-27-2005, 11:01 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Just let Ruf make it right, they are the real deal.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:07 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by cjv

Doug, I specialize in body language which includes tones and words used. Is there anything behind the usage of "my" as in my bodyshop.

This is not a flame, just an honest question.
You didn't answer this, and does seem you are using the word "my" quite a bit. I'll ask bluntly:

Do you own or are you in any way affiliated with the body shop in question?

Old 07-28-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by MJC123
You didn't answer this, and does seem you are using the word "my" quite a bit. I'll ask bluntly:

Do you own or are you in any way affiliated with the body shop in question?
Did not read between the lines. No affilliation. Not sure how else to refer to them.

Just used becasue Porsche dealer sends everything they have to this guy. He is a small shop with 4 guys that are all competent so it is not a luck of the draw type of thing. Looks like 80 or 90 percent of what they do is ground up resotration of old Porsche and exotic or collector cars. They really don't do insurance stuff because their rate is very high and they refuse to drop their rate for insurance work.

For the last time, I think the best solution is for me to take car to dealer and Ruf can examine or fit it there. The dealer could also install a pre-painted and prepped bumper if necessary. If the bumper was sent un-prepared, the dealer would just send it to the same shop I used for prep. If Ruf wants to come up here and fix, they can do this. The dealer is neutral ground for everyone concerned and they will help me if necessary as I have bought 8 cars from them since 1998 and I know everyone, including the owner.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:13 AM
seh1 is infamous around these parts
chronology

Doug,

Your posts speak for themselves. Using 6speed dates, on the 23rd:

"Holy **** my car looks good. My installer said he has installed front ends from just about every other parts place we have seen on this board (we went through the names but he did not include Tech Art in the PIA list) and he said those were all basically trash compared to the Ruf. It went out basically without any modifications and he agreed it makes the car look like a completely different car."

On the 24th:

"It sticks out a good three inches on the passenger side."

So it sticks out three inches despite going on without ANY modifications... I wonder what those other front ends your installer talked about looked like....no wonder your description of this outfit on the 28th:

"There is not a better body shop around here. Explained earlier in detail"

In the meantime Hans has offered all kinds of solutions. Hans is bothered by the fact thay there MAY be a Ruf fault here, and is trying to fix it. Forget tone of voice, you're an adult, and he is telling you he'll replace it - hell he WANTS to replace it. For him to offer any costs beyond the bumper is incredible given your own posts which clearly point elsewhere.

Three inches ain't much to brag about under certain circumstances, but as a front-end flaw it sure don't satisfy. Your installer should have noticed a half inch.

Your chronology and posts don't add up at all in my view. Ruf comes out the winner here in my mind. I've no affiliation with them, although I did own one of their exhausts in the past.

Given the sequence of events described by Doug himself I think the admins/moderator owe it to a board sponsor to delete this thread...

Sean

Old 07-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Did the body shop test fit the peice before painting? (Sorry if you have posted already and I missed it)

Old 07-28-2005, 10:13 AM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
I think Ruf is doing quite a bit to help out this situation so take it off, send it back to Ruf for a new replacement and try again. But if its the same solution, than its probably the shop.
We all know its a pain in the a$$ while the car is in the shop for longer than a minute but you're going to have to do it in order to sleep better at night and get this **** over with.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Re: Chronology

This could go on ad naseum, especially with people only reading half the stuff and broaching the same issues over and over which is understandable.

I stopped by the body shop early Friday and saw the car for five minutes while up on a lift (they were waiting for tool to install tail), then I went home and posted "Holy shyte, it looks great" from home and before eating lunch and going back out to pick up my car.

On a lift you may not be able to see the bow with tires hanging as the tires give you the point of reference for the bow at the bottom of the lip. As I said before, I looked over it and we took about 15 or 20 photographs and never saw the flaw until I saw the photograph on my computer.

True:

The bumper went on easier than any other after market bumper my guy had installed. All seams matched up perfectly. The radiators and plumbing was a PIA, but the seams matched right up so I think they probably assumed everything was lined up. Maybe they should have looked closer. I still have a misalgined bumper and could care less whose fault it is.

Even after the fix, I looked it over and still noticed it sticking out a bit more on the passenger side this morning when I got to work. It ain't perfect, but it ain't bad either.

I am not attacking anyone and really had mixed feelings on whether I should accept the screw fix or hassle with trying a new bumper.

If I was a PIA customer, I would probably be threateing to sue and demanding perfection. I actually even told Ruf I am trying to figure out a way to fix cheaply and easily as possible.

If it was really bad, it would be no brainer, send me a new one.

I would make the car available at my dealer for Ruf to look at and fix.

This should sum everything up and if Ruf wants to try and make good on it, they are welcome to view it at my dealer at their conveneince.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by keoni1978
I think Ruf is doing quite a bit to help out this situation so take it off, send it back to Ruf for a new replacement and try again. But if its the same solution, than its probably the shop.
We all know its a pain in the a$$ while the car is in the shop for longer than a minute but you're going to have to do it in order to sleep better at night and get this **** over with.
Candidly, I want to take my shop out of the equation so there is no scapegoat. Ruf can come up here and fix or can send me one painted and I will have dealer do install.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post