996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 12:35 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Your previous posts state that your shop said the bumper looked great and went on with hardly any mods. Ergo there were some mods, and the shop did some work on it. Later you say the side sticks out 3 inches. Whatever.
umm.. Doug already explained why he prematurely said it looked good. Please read his posts carefully.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:46 PM
seh1 is infamous around these parts
KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG,

I am not saying that Doug should have noticed this earlier. I am simply pointing out that his SHOP reported that it looked kick-*** when in fact it was misaligned by three inches. Thats a reflection on the shop - the shop that admitted the did mods to the piece - and not a reflection on Doug. I think Doug understands that, hence his response to me:

"I agree."

Please read MY post a little more carefully...some deductive thinking is required but not much...

Old 07-28-2005, 12:46 PM
MWM
MWM is infamous around these parts
It's really neat how people have such a hard-on for Ruf. This is Ph.D. thesis material in brand management. Bravo Ruf! I am truly impressed. Hats off.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
seh1, one thing I completely agree with you is for Doug to delete this thread. This is getting out of hand just like the 996TT prices threads.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by KJM3SMG
umm.. Doug already explained why he prematurely said it looked good. Please read his posts carefully.
The modifications were to the radiator[s] and hoses. The bumper is polyurethane and I don't think it can be modded. At least not like fiberglass. I have asked this question though and never got a compelte response about whether one could actually modify polyurethane, reshape it or shrink it.

I was told that there was no mods to the bumper. "It bolted right up." Some of the hoses were apparently a PIA to get to and the shop had to flip the center radiator which may or may not have been in the instructions. Also, there was some radiator bracket modifications. About 15 or 20 pieces in the kit.

I agree that this is taking too much time and energy. Its just a bumper cover.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:44 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Re: KJM3SMG

Originally posted by seh1

Please read MY post a little more carefully...some deductive thinking is required but not much...
For no reason...actually you are asking for INDUCTIVE reasoning...deductive reasoning is based on data...for which there is none. (see scientific method)

Old 07-28-2005, 02:23 PM
seh1 is infamous around these parts
hehehe

Deductive reasoning can be described as reasoning of the form if A then B. Deduction is in some sense the direct application of knowledge in the production of new knowledge.

If-then deductive reasoning is how scientists (and other people!) can test alternate hypotheses.

Making deductions is important when we cannot directly observe a CAUSE (e.g bad mold/shipping/installers heat gun), and can only observe its CONSEQUENCES (e.g. its off by three inches).

This kind of reasoning can be modeled by the following:

If ...

Then...

Another distinction is general to specific v. specific to general.

But perhaps more importantly:

Any inductive argument can also be expressed deductively, and any deductive argument can also be expressed inductively.

If you prefer I'll flip the duck from de- to in-...

Last edited by seh1; 07-28-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
This whole situation has been blown WAY out of proportion by all sides

Old 07-28-2005, 04:18 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
wrong

Originally posted by seh1
Deductive reasoning can be described as reasoning of the form if A then B. Deduction is in some sense the direct application of knowledge in the production of new knowledge.

If-then deductive reasoning is how scientists (and other people!) can test alternate hypotheses.

Making deductions is important when we cannot directly observe a CAUSE (e.g bad mold/shipping/installers heat gun), and can only observe its CONSEQUENCES (e.g. its off by three inches).

This kind of reasoning can be modeled by the following:

If ...

Then...

Another distinction is general to specific v. specific to general.

But perhaps more importantly:

Any inductive argument can also be expressed deductively, and any deductive argument can also be expressed inductively.

If you prefer I'll flip the duck from de- to in-...
Wrong. See:

http://www2.sjsu.edu/depts/itl/graph...c/ind-ded.html

Old 07-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
This whole situation has been blown WAY out of proportion by all sides
You think. On Monday I was to be starting a trial in case wherein I represent a construction company in crash with 4 dead and two mamed. Listen to these facts.

In one pickup truck, the guy who lived lost his wife, lost his mother, lost his father and he had to prop his mothers head up that was sticking through the windshield as she bleed to death in the truck that was flipped upside down sitting in a ditch while waiting on the ambulance. It was in the middle of the night in the country and took ambulance 30 or 40 minutes.

Anyway, that guy definitely had a bad day. We could not get a jury in the box Monday morning before judge continued case at about 11:30. That is pretty much why the shop and Ruf did not hear from me immediately Monday morning and why Ruf called shop and shop was clueless Monday morning. My bumper was down on my list of priorities Monday morning.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:26 PM
he had to prop his mothers head up that was sticking through the windshield as she bleed to death

Old 07-28-2005, 08:48 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
You was to be startin a trial? well daaayum!!

In all seriousness, you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself at this point.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Not really worried about it.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by cjv
Free advise is worth exactly what it cost you.

With you last last remark, I'm not worried about it either. Congraduations, your the first attorney I've put on my Iqnore List. I'm right behind you Roland.
This like high school or something. What are trying to hurt my feelings now? I don't even know you and never spoken to you. Glad you feel the need to tell me that. Bizarre.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:14 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
In reading all of the threads, counselor I believe your shop was at fault for doing a poor install on a fine product. The fact that Ruf is willing to cut you some slack and help you out speaks volumes for Ruf, you would never see gambella, etc do that for a customer. I say again, just let Ruf make it right for you, that's some free medical advice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post