996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post

I spoke with Ruf and although they said they saw my post and they did not care, the fact they brought it up and some of their comments seemed like they not happy with me complaining. I think they think I am just looking for something for free.

He also mentioned my post about me not liking it and made me feel like a dirt bag just trying to figure out a way to get out of it and go back to stock for free. I really just want my car to look good and not look wrecked for resale purposes.

Anyway, if the bumper is really straight then why do I get this bubble at the bottom and it takes several screws to hold it in and make it match the other side WHEN ALL SEAMS elsehwere are perfectly straight. I don't think this is installation error.

The other side basically has one screw and no bluge. When we pushed this side in to match other side, it created a bulge at the bottom. They used screws to make the bulge less and keep it from popping back out. This actually created a bulge well above this location around the outer surface about mid way down when they screwed the screws in to suck the bulge out.

If when I sell this car and someone puts it on the rack and sees the bulge and multiple screws that are not present on the other side, will it matter.

Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2005, 04:53 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
**** Ruf, seriously at this price you would expect decent service.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Here is the other side without the extra screws.

Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by HdS
**** Ruf, seriously at this price you would expect decent service.
In their defense, they made it sound as if they would refund not just the bumper but my installation costs if it came down to it. Little fuzzy on the details and I told him I am trying to make it work without going through all of that, but made me feel like crap in the process. You know, it ain't even about money with most of us.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:02 PM
hhans is infamous around these parts
Doug,

I have never posted on this board, but now i feel compelled to do so, i received you're email this morning and immediately answered you back and asked for the Bodyshop Phone number, than when i called you're Bodyshop they didn't know that there was something wrong with the Bumper, the Gentleman was acting surprised, we than spoke in Person and I offered you a new Bumper, or to return this Bumper and i even offered you a refund on the Bodyshop Bill !!!!!!!!!!!
At this Point i do not know what else we could have done, but please state the Facts !

Hans

Old 07-26-2005, 05:02 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Not acceptable at all, with that kind of money you paid for the bumper, hell no!!! If they gave you the bumper for free due to imperfection then it's okay.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Doug, it appears that the "bulge" is under the car, where it is not visible unless you are lieing on your back looking for it.

I'm siding with RUF on this one -

Old 07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
If you paid top dollar, you should get top quality. I definitely would not put up with that stupid looking bulge. Send it back and have them send you a new one, that way you're not getting anything for free, just a straight one and not some reject.
THEY should feel like crap for selling some BS and not the other way around

Old 07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
Doug, it appears that the "bulge" is under the car, where it is not visible unless you are lieing on your back looking for it.

I'm siding with RUF on this one -
That is the key. If bugle is under the car, then should I care. My concern is resale if its put on a lift or if it pops loose.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:08 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Sounds to me like Hans is doing everything to make it right... If it bothers you that much, take him up on his offer and start off on a clean slate, if not just leave it alone and be happy its not visible (anymore). I wouldn't worry to much about resale, most people know aftermarket body pieces don't fit great, I doubt anyone would really hold it against you.
Regards,
Evan

Old 07-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Sounds to me like Hans is doing everything to make it right... If it bothers you that much, take him up on his offer and start off on a clean slate, if not just leave it alone and be happy its not visible (anymore). I wouldn't worry to much about resale, most people know aftermarket body pieces don't fit great, I doubt anyone would really hold it against you.
Regards,
Evan
I know its a pain for you guys that are vendors to have winey customers like me. Truth is, I am really not a perfectionist and don't even wash my cars that much. The issues look worse in person and I will probably just let it go. When the bulge was sucked in at the bottom, it created a little bulging above the lip area. I saw it bulge it out when they did pushed it in, but it looks better this way then when the lip was sticking out.

I would try a new bumper, but that would just mean the car has to go back in the shop, I have to mess with dropping it off, and more time and expense for everyone. Probably not worth it for just a little bulge and who knows, it could come out worse the next time if it really is my shop.

Last edited by Doug H; 07-26-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:20 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Doug H
I know its a pain for you guys that are vendors to have winey customers like me. Truth is, I am really not a perfectionist and don't even wash my cars that much. The issues look worse in person and I will probably just let it go. I would try a new bumper, but that would just mean the car has to go back in the shop, I have to mess with dropping it off, and more time and expense for everyone. Probably not worth it for just a little bulge and who knows, it could come out worse the next time if it really is my shop.
You get used to it..... JUST KIDDING

No really, the only thing that would upset me in this situation is if my customer posted their problem on a forum BEFORE notifying me and giving me the opportunity to make it right... If they give me the chance and are not happy, then IMO they should feel free to post their experience TRUTHFULLY. I don't know how your situation played out so I can't comment on it, just gave my opinion on what you should do. You have to decide if it is worth bringing the car back to the bodyshop again to get a better fit, or if it is just better to live with it

Hope this helps,
Evan

Old 07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by hhans
Doug,

I have never posted on this board, but now i feel compelled to do so, i received you're email this morning and immediately answered you back and asked for the Bodyshop Phone number, than when i called you're Bodyshop they didn't know that there was something wrong with the Bumper, the Gentleman was acting surprised, we than spoke in Person and I offered you a new Bumper, or to return this Bumper and i even offered you a refund on the Bodyshop Bill !!!!!!!!!!!
At this Point i do not know what else we could have done, but please state the Facts !

Hans
When I emailed you Jerry's number, I told you that I had been in court all morning and that I had not had time to go by Jerry's shop. I had to waste about 2 hours of my day messing with it, but that is why he was surprised when you called him. Call him now. They did the screw job. You know, I really don't want your money. Like I said, it ain't about the money. Some of your comments and your tone was just not appreciated.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by keoni1978
If you paid top dollar, you should get top quality. I definitely would not put up with that stupid looking bulge. Send it back and have them send you a new one, that way you're not getting anything for free, just a straight one and not some reject.
THEY should feel like crap for selling some BS and not the other way around
someone needs to tell this to Techart

Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM
XSrcing is infamous around these parts
55% of communication is body language, 38% is tone of voice, and 7% are the words spoken.

Seeing that each person involved in this incident only recieved 45% of pertinent information, I think it is wrong to jump to conclusions until actions prove what was said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Should I accept this fix and dont think Ruf liked my post