996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any flashed ECU blow up a Mezger M64/70w (or is this a special 9ff feature?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raineycd
Exactly, you got to keep an eye on things. You could have a wastegate line off or broken rod that would make it overboost, etc. Boost leak check on these cars every year or two as well would be pretty standard IMO. So dang many hoses and lines that could start leaking and the rubber is getting old...

When my engine was out for the coolant repair, the tech replaced all the vac lines he could while he was in there to keep things fresh! I plan on doing plugs and an oil change soon and will do a leak test after I get the intercoolers back on.

Then I plan on doing some datalogging and getting an altitude adjustment - maybe even an attitude adjustment lol. Sucks moving from where I had the fastest Porsche to being 1/2 the horsepower of Deepblue! LoL
10+ years old and counting... also these cars where not made with running E10 in mind. A driver in tune with his car is the best cel...

Old 05-13-2013, 05:36 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttpopo
it would be nice to hear Jan opinion, but he just hides. that's how he does business.
Ok, Jan had a look at your e-mail again that was sent on the 21st of april. From what I understood it is more an informational e-mail from you to him and it had not a single question formulated that could someone at 9ff make feel he needs to answer it.

You may want to disclose the e-mail here. We obviously cannot do it and I am already at the edge of what I wanted to do here in that case anyways...

Andreas

Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT996
Ok, Jan had a look at your e-mail again that was sent on the 21st of april. From what I understood it is more an informational e-mail from you to him and it had not a single question formulated that could someone at 9ff make feel he needs to answer it.

You may want to disclose the e-mail here. We obviously cannot do it and I am already at the edge of what I wanted to do here in that case anyways...

Andreas
Sounds like he has already been down that road and just sent them a note without a question because of their lack of response in the past:

"At any rate, I would have loved to hear 9ff's opinion both times. I sent them emails and called last time, they just dodged it all. This time, I just sent him a pic of the hole in the block and moved on. i know how they roll..."

Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raineycd
sounds like he has already been down that road and just sent them a note without a question because of their lack of response in the past:

"at any rate, i would have loved to hear 9ff's opinion both times. I sent them emails and called last time, they just dodged it all. This time, i just sent him a pic of the hole in the block and moved on. I know how they roll..."
this.

John Olsen (jro) told me years ago.

Now I see 10 years later!

Last edited by ttpopo; 05-13-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, I just have edited my posting- I am glad you deleted your 2nd part.

Just for the records: you asked for 9ffs feedback here. You can read it up yourself here. I was doing you a favor and had my friend invest his time and talk to Jan for you. Sorry that what came up was not what you were hoping for.

You are taking the easy exit here. Be a man and post your email to 9ff. You just cannot blame someone and only tell the parts that suit you. But that's your business.

I am done with this.

Andreas

Old 05-13-2013, 01:19 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Wow there's a lot of smoke a mirrors going on in here. Reputable shop installs 9ff parts but never datalogs it or is concerned about the boost level with just a FPR. 9ff dodging emails.

Seems there may be more hands in this trying to cover their a$$es as it appears a complete break down of tuner and installer. But IDK seems like the story may have some holes in it as broadcast here.

I sure hope you took your car to another "reputable" installer than the last 2!

Old 05-13-2013, 01:41 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the records: you asked for 9ffs feedback here. You can read it up yourself here. I was doing you a favor and had my friend invest his time and talk to Jan for you. Sorry that what came up was not what you were hoping for.

You are taking the easy exit here. Be a man and post your email to 9ff. You just cannot blame someone and only tell the parts that suit you. But that's your business.

I am done with this.

Andreas
yeah, you really should.

search is your friend.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:43 PM

I am done with this.

Andreas
PS. I'm not looking for 9ff's feedback. I just sent him a note as a courtesy in case he gave a rats *** (he does not).

Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Pick more on me and I will open that can of worms for you. I was trying to have it end here. You want me to go on? There is much more to say. You know that, I know that.

You did not want feedback? Let's just call it my lack of skills in your language:

I sent Jan an email to get his thoughts. no response.
it would be nice to hear Jan opinion, but he just hides.
At any rate, I would have loved to hear 9ff's opinion both times.
I guess search is your friend, too.

Andreas

Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Pick more on me and I will open that can of worms for you. I was trying to have it end here. You want me to go on? There is much more to say. You know that, I know that.

You did not want feedback? Let's just call it my lack of skills in your language:

I guess search is your friend, too.

Andreas
Sry you feel "picked on" - I see now....YOU are 9ff!

cool story bro

Old 05-13-2013, 02:04 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TWINS
I have been tracking my car alot (not so much this year) since I met you at the POC "Triple Crown" at Willow Springs in 2011. No issues at all with the EPL tune.

Next year the K16 billets, injectors, and tune from EPL are on the radar.

Sorry to hear of your problems

Could be an old tune that may have been pushing the limits too far as stated in one of the posts above.
You will love K16 billets and EPL program.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
caesar1 is infamous around these parts
its time to intodruce myself.
i'm the friend Andreas is talking about.

as Andreas told you: Be a man and post your email to 9ff. As you know for sure, it will answer most questions the audience may have.

So what you are waiting for....do it!

Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM
: popcorn:

Old 05-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
always 2 sides to every story

Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Banned
996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute
Wow this is interesting. They ran a k24/26 turbo on your car? High boost and a bad tune? Unreal it was absolutley a bad tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any flashed ECU blow up a Mezger M64/70w (or is this a special 9ff feature?)