996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks to Tischer, Evo, and GIAC!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 01:55 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Thanks to Tischer, Evo, and GIAC!

First of all I would like to say many thanks to Nate from Evo, Kent from Tischer, and GIAC for making my weekend absolutely the best. I finally pulled the trigger and GIAC'ed my Turbo and also added the V-Flow from Evo. Had a chance to meet some great guys at Tischer, and best of all had a chance to do the upgrades.
Now my car pulls very hard ....almost violently to redline. Was somewhat hesitant about the upgrades, but am happy I went with them. I am peaking at 1.2 Bar, and could only imagine what the EVO 800 car from the show feels like.

Also have to say after taking my girl out to dinner, since she had to endure 3 hours with me at Tischer, I got pulled over by Howard County's finest. I have this nice long straight road with no turns on either side, and got caught doing 80 in a 45 and got hit with reckless driving. Well, after over 4 years of zero tickets, guess it was my time. See what happens when you have all of this power in these cars.

Thanks again everyone!

Here she is undergoing some surgury...GIAC! Thanks for the picture Nate...I brought my camera, but was way too consumed by all of the great cars there.

Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the goodies and sorry about the ticket...

It happens to the best of us.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Captain Tal is infamous around these parts
Wreckless driving? Oh man, I hope you didn't admit ANYTHING to the officer.

GET AN ATTORNEY and fight this ticket. You do not want a wreckless driving citation

Old 07-27-2005, 05:03 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
In Maryland anything over 30 mph is considered reckless driving. I was going on a road that has no turns and is about a mile long.
I have not had any violations in over 4 years, and hoping the judge will be somewhat lenient.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:08 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
m3, on the way there, on the group drive, I came over a hill at 104 only to find a cop on the side of the road. Luckily he had some soccer mom pulled over already. It was the only time I opened it up on the drive. That probably would have been a bad ticket!

Old 07-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Re: Thanks to Tischer, Evo, and GIAC!

Originally posted by M3CAB
First of all I would like to say many thanks to Nate from Evo, Kent from Tischer, and GIAC for making my weekend absolutely the best. I finally pulled the trigger and GIAC'ed my Turbo and also added the V-Flow from Evo. Had a chance to meet some great guys at Tischer, and best of all had a chance to do the upgrades.
Now my car pulls very hard ....almost violently to redline. Was somewhat hesitant about the upgrades, but am happy I went with them. I am peaking at 1.2 Bar, and could only imagine what the EVO 800 car from the show feels like.

Also have to say after taking my girl out to dinner, since she had to endure 3 hours with me at Tischer, I got pulled over by Howard County's finest. I have this nice long straight road with no turns on either side, and got caught doing 80 in a 45 and got hit with reckless driving. Well, after over 4 years of zero tickets, guess it was my time. See what happens when you have all of this power in these cars.

Thanks again everyone!

Here she is undergoing some surgury...GIAC! Thanks for the picture Nate...I brought my camera, but was way too consumed by all of the great cars there.
I swear it is always that case that when you say that you have a virgin traffic record you get a traffic ticket not soon after. In any case, I am glad that you are liking the tuning, when you get used to that package you know where to find us!

Old 07-28-2005, 06:13 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on the upgrades.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Nate,

I also want to say thank you for the information you provided me. The only bummer was not getting a ride in the GT800 It would be a good marketing tool to take us for a ride.

Thanks,
Gunther

Old 07-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Gunther
Nate,

I also want to say thank you for the information you provided me. The only bummer was not getting a ride in the GT800 It would be a good marketing tool to take us for a ride.

Thanks,
Gunther
I would have loved to take you for a ride in the GT800. However, I can't drive that thing to save my life, and secondly I wasn't sure if it was prepared for running. I come to find out that it was, but I would have hated to give you a ride in a sub-standard GT800.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Say very slowly.....V-1 would have saved my a$$

Old 07-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Actually, I have a V1 mounted to the right of the rearview mirror with the remote indicator in the dash. He was 5 cars behind me, and instant-on me. Keep in mind it was 9:30 at night and I should have paid more attention to my rear traffic, but I was the first car in line with nothing but a clear empty road in front of me....with some new mods! My own stupidity...but feeling 1.1-1.2 bar had me excited.