996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:23 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
GT2 Exhaust

Hi everyone, I am a newbie here and had a couple of questions. I have searched the posts but wanted a couple of feedback's nonetheless. I am looking into a exhaust system for my 02 GT2 and was wondering what all of you think. Which is a REAL good sounding, performance exhaust system, BB, Fabspeed or any other ones that you can recommend. I am not a serious track user BUT power and sound is what I am looking for. I have seen the sharkwerks site and am leaning toward the fabspeed exhaust but just wanted other opinions.
Thank's in advance!

BBGT2

Last edited by JASCLASS; 08-01-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:42 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I have Europipe Stage II Quite on my GT2. It sounds great, adds some power, the quality of construction is outstanding and Stef (at Europipe) was the best to deal with. It is not cheap, but it is worth every penny.

I had Ruf on my TT and it was excellent as well. Good quality, good sound and reasonalbly easy to deal with. Now with Ruf Centre in Dallas they are great to deal with.

I have a friend with Cargraphic, nice sound and it works good.

When it comes to exhaust you need to hear them before you buy, so look for guys in your area willing to let you hear them.

Good luck,

JCM

Old 07-31-2005, 11:16 AM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
I have a RUF exhaust. Little bit louder than stock at idle and nice sound above 3k RPM

Old 07-31-2005, 11:43 AM
offroad911 is infamous around these parts
The PSI Performance exhaust (Orton Performance, board sponsor) is a good choice for HP and LOUD sound. Europipe Stage II Loud is the most popular since it has been around longer than PSI. The Europipe Stage II Quiet wont give you the sound you want. Both PSI and Europipe are made in Belguim and the build quality is awesome, almost like a work of art.

Last edited by offroad911; 07-31-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:11 PM
msb2tg996 is infamous around these parts
we are currently doing sound clips of the psi exhaust, pm me your e-mail and i will send it to you once they are ready.
mike

Old 07-31-2005, 12:21 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
In the meantime, you can go here to check it out. I think the exhaust note is just as deep and strong as the EP, but with more of a staccato growl to it. The EP is a little muddied at times. I have EPII Loud now and am switching to PSI.

http://www.ortonusa.com/porsche/996ttexhaust.html

Old 07-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Cody_1 is infamous around these parts
It seems that most people that have done significant research end up with something other than Fabspeed. I don't want to get flamed here, it's just my obvervation. The build quality of Fabspeed doesn't appear to match EP or PSI, and I've heard many many complaints of resonance. I can vouch for Europipe though (am getting installed this Thursday).

- Rich

Old 07-31-2005, 06:52 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
There is only one choice.................

Old 07-31-2005, 06:53 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Rich, you're gonna LOVE the EP2L. Everytime I pull my car up to Left Bank in menlo park, all the patrons just stop talking and admire the sound People love it when I do a fly-by at the office too, especially thru our underground garage. Hehe.

Hey, we're going to have an exhaust cookout pretty soon

Old 07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
BB TRIFLO SUCKS AND THEY SUCK. Thier attitude sucks and thier products suck. I would rather not drive and take the bus that buy something from them again.

Can you tell I am not a satisfied customer?

Old 07-31-2005, 08:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by fasteddiett
BB TRIFLO SUCKS AND THEY SUCK. Thier attitude sucks and thier products suck. I would rather not drive and take the bus that buy something from them again.

Can you tell I am not a satisfied customer?
Hey bud tell us how you really feel

Old 07-31-2005, 08:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by KPV
There is only one choice.................

Ken I couldn't agree more. We just popped on a couple of these babies on two GT2s this week and I have to say the EPII Quiet really is the only one that has no resonance... For certain people it's the only choice. Me? I like my cannons and flames!

Old 07-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Cody_1
It seems that most people that have done significant research end up with something other than Fabspeed. I don't want to get flamed here, it's just my obvervation. The build quality of Fabspeed doesn't appear to match EP or PSI, and I've heard many many complaints of resonance. I can vouch for Europipe though (am getting installed this Thursday).

- Rich
You'll love it man and it's funny how you finally got that one I know you wanted Collin's originally anyways!

Old 07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
The advantage of the Fabspeed is that it uses straight through mufflers. It is undeniable that straight through mufflers produce more power than chamber mufflers, as illustrated by the fact that all race mufflers are straight through designs. This is why the Fabspeed produces more power than other exhausts (according to Stephen's test results). However, as evidenced by the Fabspeed system, there is a price for the additional power -- volume. Straight through mufflers are inherently louder than chamber mufflers.

The advantage of the Europipe (and a couple of other exhaust systems) is the use of larger tubing (70mm). Fabspeed only uses 63.5 mm tubing, which likely restricts airflow in higher horsepower applications. Unfortunately, Europipe pairs its superior larger tubing with an inferior chamber muffler, thereby restricting the airflow. Conversely, Fabspeed pairs its superior mufflers with inferior smaller tubing.

I have searched high and low, and I have not found any off-the-shelf exhaust made for a 996TT that pairs larger diameter tubing with straight through mufflers. Therefore, I am having one made for me this coming week. Similar to Fabspeed, I am placing two straight through mufflers across the rear bumper (I am using Burns Stainless racing mufflers). The driver's side turbo will empty on the passenger side, and vice versa. However, I am using 76mm tubing throughout the system, including the interior diameter of the mufflers. The interior dimension of the turbo exhaust housing is 76mm, so the diameter will remain consistent from the turbo flange all the way to the tips. This design should reap the advantages of both the Fabspeed and the Europipe. Ill let you know how it sounds in a week.

Craig

Old 07-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Craig - a buddy of mine built an exhaust as you are describing. I'm not sure of the pipe diameter, but it was a real ear bleeder!

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 Exhaust