996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clutch Pedal Stuck To The Floor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Great, glad you were done right.
Just because it didnt leak doesn't mean that it can't go bad.. ;-)

Old 08-16-2013, 03:15 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
^ Right on John. I didn't perform a post mortem on the parts, but an internal failure doesn't always make itself obvious on the outside. Thanks for your input when this first started.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:34 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Was your slave failing for a long time before this happened? That is, did the clutch feel heavy during start up then once started went light almost like its vacuum assisted?

What I'm wondering is if the slave being dead for so long eventually failed the master too due to the fluid push back from slave to master.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:54 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Usually that problem has to do with the accumulator.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Usually that problem has to do with the accumulator.
I've heard that too. When it happened to me I changed both the accumulator and slave. Some have changed the accumulator only to have it fail in a short period afterwards.

The fluid pushing back to the master with such force it spills out a tightly fit cap makes me wonder what's happening to the seals etc. My thought was that happening long enough will blow the master thus having dual simultaneous failure.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:25 AM
The right way is to do both at the same time.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:28 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
King James - This was a sudden failure. Luckily it happened in my garage. The symptoms you describe are with the stock system that has the accumulator. I have the GT2 conversion. There was no external leaks at either cylinder, nor a reservoir overflow. The sad thing was that the cylinders were only about a year old and had just about 2500 miles on them. Now that its fixed though, the clutch feels great.