996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Still don't have my car back!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 11:13 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Still don't have my car back!

Well as you probably know I went to Philly to pick up my car. Upon arrival and on the way to PES we find out that the computer was getting a last minute flash and froze up. So we have to have the dealer fedex a brand new one in for the next day. PES puts me up for the night and I hope to leave the next day.

Next day computer goes in, flash goes well and they take it for a test drive. We are having a severe boost leak, car goes to 13 psi and then drops to 10 psi. They work on the car all day and can't figure out the problem. I stay a second night and fly out the next morning. They think it is the wastegates. Well I go on vacation and after 1 week the car is still not ready. Turns out the wastegates were not the problem. PES has the Porsche dealer come over with their diagnostic tools and they find a bad actuator for the passengar side camshaft?? Now we are waiting for this new part.

Will my nightmare ever end??

Old 08-07-2005, 11:30 PM
carnut is infamous around these parts
I'm sure one day I will start getting into mods (I'm still under 30) but so far, I've never done them because of the worry of all the issues that inevitably arise. Good luck to you Buddy. I remember back when you bought the car and were one of the pioneers blazing the trail for the 996TT mods, hope it gets fixed soon.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Raza is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that buddy. There is nothing more frustrating than having your car at the shop longer than anticipated.. as long as they finally get it figured out right, it may be worth the wait.. hope you don't have any more problems with it..

Old 08-08-2005, 09:31 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
With all the money spent and the down time this hobby gets really stressfull. It does seem as if the more money you spend the more time you spend without your car and the more issues you have. At some point I will mature and realize that these cars are great from the factory.

Until then ... WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Hang in there Buddy, this too shall pass!!

Old 08-08-2005, 09:34 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I understand your frustration but it's not worth it to get the car back and it's not 100%. You waited for so long, what harm will it do to wait some more. Hang in there.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:57 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
been there, once you start chasing it, in the end more = less. must resist... try and remain pragmatic.

Old 08-08-2005, 12:05 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
That sucks Buddy. Maybe you should just get the CGT now and be done with it

Old 08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Hang tough - it'll be worth the wait!

Old 08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Yeah I know it will definately be worth the wait it is just frustrating because I was so excited to go pick it up and then all this happens! Oh well, everything on the motor will be brand new so it should be trouble free for a while, I hope!

Old 08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jamie
That sucks Buddy. Maybe you should just get the CGT now and be done with it
Won't be long and I will have spent that much!

Old 08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Murci baby, Murci

Old 08-08-2005, 02:19 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Just think Buddy, it will give us another opportunity to hook up!

Old 08-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Okay,

I'll bring my scissors!

Old 08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Buddy - Do yourself a favor and dump the car already - take the hit and start over.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:47 PM
NO WAY I LOVE MY CAR!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Still don't have my car back!