996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Torco Accelerator - the real deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:00 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC
The MMT will leave some nice orange dust on your spark plugs, cats and tail pipes. Using it infrequently wouldn't cause harm, but living on the stuff will likely clog catalytic converters over time.
Catalytic converters? What are those?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mrmaass
Catalytic converters? What are those?
The annoying things that us Californians are subjected to

Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Realistically, lets consider what we're talking about here.

Saving a few bucks for an octane boost on a car that isn't designed to save anyone a few bucks.

Get some 100, MS109, whatever floats your boat.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC
The annoying things that us Californians are subjected to
I only subject myself to them for a day or two every two years when my smog test is due
The rest of the time they sit in my garage collecting dust.
I just love the smell of race gas and one other thing that was posted many times about this Torco additive is that is has a really strong characteristic smell...I hope it isn't too unbearable.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
When you try to match 100 on torco to 100 using actual 100 octane fuel... prices aren't such a huge savings.

If you need 48 oz to achieve ~100 octane from 91. You would assume $4/gallon for 91 which is $52 for 13 gallons. Plus 2 cans (using 1.5) - $31 of use, roughly $42 for two cans.

You spend $82 to get ~100 octane when you could have spent $97.50 and had the real deal.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by dhahlen
Realistically, lets consider what we're talking about here.

Saving a few bucks for an octane boost on a car that isn't designed to save anyone a few bucks.

Get some 100, MS109, whatever floats your boat.
In my original post I was saying that I noticed there was no unleaded available over 100 and that is why I was interested in this product. I also can't always get 100 when I go long distances.
I would never suggest using this product as a replacement for true race gas. I am going to supplement my 100octane with it though, in small concentrations. The overall reviews of it are very positive, so why not.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by mrmaass
In my original post I was saying that I noticed there was no unleaded available over 100 and that is why I was interested in this product. I also can't always get 100 when I go long distances.
I would never suggest using this product as a replacement for true race gas. I am going to supplement my 100octane with it though, in small concentrations. The overall reviews of it are very positive, so why not.
Yeah, only a couple pumps here locally, neither are close to me. Its a 35 mile drive to one, and the other you have to bring containers. There are others, but they want 9-11$ per gallon. The two I use are 7.50. One has Sunoco at pump, the other is VP by container. I prefer the VP after TimNYC explained how it atomizes better than Sunoco.

Completely understand your dilemma, though. I've considered ordered 2 x 55g drums to keep in the garage; however, I don't like the idea of having that much fuel sitting in an enclosed space.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:21 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
It is is something that works for you and plan to use it much of the time the 5 gallon bucket works out cheaper.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130801_112746.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	266719

This was in my new GrassRoots MotorSports magazine,,might be worth looking into?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 AM
996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all
I used Torco in the past and it worked ok...I would not TUNE my car based on using the torco but use Torco as an extra insurance.

just my 2 cents

maybe water injection?