996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

LED Tail Lights - Status Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Thklinge is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slider
They did some neat stuff with illumination too...

Wow, that's cool! Hope they do something cool for the Turbo as well

Old 04-15-2014, 10:21 PM
grapefoo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Slider
I posted in the other thread that the factory has completed the Cayman/Boxter run and is now focusing on the 996 wide-body development. I don't have pictures yet, but I'm sure I will as soon as they are produced - I'll let you know.

Here is the Cayman LED...

Hi Slider..
thanks for pushing the 996TT LED tailight.

CarGym is actually located in HK, and I visited them 2 weeks ago to enquire about buying a set of 996TT LED taillight. They said they only have the version suitable for C2/C4, and there's still none available for the Turbo. I heard they manufacturer is in Taiwan.

I'll let you guys know when I can find the LED tailights from here (ie. China or Taiwan).

Old 04-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by grapefoo
Hi Slider..
thanks for pushing the 996TT LED tailight.

CarGym is actually located in HK, and I visited them 2 weeks ago to enquire about buying a set of 996TT LED taillight. They said they only have the version suitable for C2/C4, and there's still none available for the Turbo. I heard they manufacturer is in Taiwan.

I'll let you guys know when I can find the LED tailights from here (ie. China or Taiwan).

I live in Hong Kong so if can offer some kind of assistance just PM me. Happy to do it. Been waiting for a set myself.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:08 AM
mig.donnelly is infamous around these parts
And I'm in Hong Kong right now was well - let me know if I can do anything. BTW when I bought LED lights for my fish tank at the markets here all vendors I spoke to said to go with the Taiwanese stuff. My LEDs have been subject to the worst conditions possible for 3 years and are still going great, if they'd died after twelve months in the conditions I've subjected them to I would've been happy. Thinking they'd be the same I took a chance on 'high' quality Chinese versions, they lasted two weeks, I returned them to the vendor and he made me take Taiwanese versions as a replacement. If your lights are coming from Taiwan you should feel pretty confident they'll last!

Old 04-17-2014, 11:05 AM
gt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of lightgt2rs is a glorious beacon of light
If this actually is happening I'm in if they look ok ie. not to riiicey and that they are available in the near future(read this year) have been on the list for 2 years....
Big probs to Slider of course for never giving up....

Last edited by gt2rs; 04-17-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
They need to look like that cayman unit above - no rice!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gt2rs
If this actually is happening I'm in if they look ok ie. not to riiicey and that they are available in the near future(read this year) have been on the list for 2 years....
Big probs to Slider of course for never giving up....
I'm still contacting the factory every two weeks to make sure we stay on track...

Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Great job Slider!

With regards to design, even though the Cayman units look pretty cool, I think the 997/991 style looks even better:

Dectane 997.1:

991:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3112.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	361530   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-porsche-911-techart-4.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	361531  
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Ultimately a 991 style would be stellar.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Ultimately a 991 style would be stellar.
Yeah, that would be cool, but he factory said the light-bar was out for this run...

Old 04-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Yeah, guess that is a generation away for the chinese. But just leds will be a great upgrade for our cars either way.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Alphamale1977 is infamous around these parts
Yup am looking forward to upgrading the rear tail lights which are a lil tired looking in today's world of LEDs. Thanks for the preseverance Slider!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
I just saw this thread on another forum. There is a list and my name ain't on it! I thought when I posted in this thread I would be on the list. If they do ever come out, I want them. I joined the other site to sign up but for some reason can't post to the thread.

I just realized there is two different threads for LED's

Old 04-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Yeah - One of the vendor here just started posting about the LED's as if it was his idea. Apparently he has a line on the same factory I have been dealing with. There is no need to get on a list until the lights are actually being produced. It looks like around August for first prototype.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vantaredoc
I just saw this thread on another forum. There is a list and my name ain't on it! I thought when I posted in this thread I would be on the list. If they do ever come out, I want them. I joined the other site to sign up but for some reason can't post to the thread. I just realized there is two different threads for LED's
Patients grasshopper. We are all waiting and many are in line. Join the party.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Tail Lights - Status Update