996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pes Comes Through! Red Beast Is Fixed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LUIS95993
Congrats,
Any European Car mag shootouts/competitions in your future?
I wouldn't mind another shootout in the future. Right now I just want to get the car back and enjoy it. I have a track event in September that I am looking forward to.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:10 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
congrats Buddy, you deserve it!

How about a tail of the dragon meet?

Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Cherohala Skyway!!

Are you going to pick up your car at PES?...if so we should do a drive around here before you go home

Old 08-10-2005, 08:37 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Yeah,

Not sure if it will be Friday (I am hoping, my wife says no we have some wedding to go to) or Monday. I will let you know.

Thanks!

Old 08-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Congratulations Buddy!!! Its been a long time coming.

Craig

Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Congrats buddy!! you need to have the rocket balloon sticking above the car to stop the police!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
congrats!
very cool!

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by buddyg
Yeah,

Not sure if it will be Friday (I am hoping, my wife says no we have some wedding to go to) or Monday. I will let you know.

Thanks!
Sounds good

Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Craig
Congratulations Buddy!!! Its been a long time coming.

Craig
Thanks Craig I know you know the feeling! Is your car up and running? How is it?

Old 08-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by DEETZ
Congrats buddy!! you need to have the rocket balloon sticking above the car to stop the police!!!
I don't think that will help me trying to blend into traffic. I am going to be such a good law abiding citizen on the drive home VW bugs will be passing me! (or maybe just plain insect bugs)

Old 08-11-2005, 07:58 AM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
He just raised the bar

Congrats Buddy. For all of us that have been not watching closely, what did you exactly have done. What other beefing up away from the engine needs to be done ( brakes, clutch, doors, hood, etc. etc.) If one has a car that is nearly stock. how much would it cost to do what you have done and I long would it take? You have raised the bar and have gotten everyone excited again about owning a turbo. Fu#$$k the 997 turbo

Old 08-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Re: He just raised the bar

Originally posted by ritchieswimwear
Congrats Buddy. For all of us that have been not watching closely, what did you exactly have done. What other beefing up away from the engine needs to be done ( brakes, clutch, doors, hood, etc. etc.) If one has a car that is nearly stock. how much would it cost to do what you have done and I long would it take? You have raised the bar and have gotten everyone excited again about owning a turbo. Fu#$$k the 997 turbo
Ritchie,

Here is what the car is:

They are the Garrett T04 dual ball bearing monster's!

From the PES website:

We chose custom Garrett T04B dual ball bearing turbos for this application. These turbos utilize the highest turbo technology available. They are also water cooled (factory turbos are not). Since the new Garrett turbos have completely different fittings/flanges, everything must be custom fabricated.

Twin Garrettâ„¢ T04B dual ball bearing turbos with proprietary bearing housings
Twin stainless steel headers with external wastegates
Twin Tialâ„¢ billet external wastegates
High flow stainless steel exhaust with German 100 cell catalysts
6 custom high flow fuel injectors
Custom billet mass air flow sensor
Custom GIAC ECU tuning
Stainless/braided coolant lines/fittings to turbos
Oil lines/fittings
Electronic boost control system

My car starts with that then you have to add the Carillo Rods, head studs, etc.. EVO air inlet tubes, EVO V-Flow intake, EVO boost hoses and you have some kind of Stage 5 ++ Mongrel!

It is definately more of an Autobahn Crusher than stoplight to stoplight racer.

I have a lightweight flywheel, heavy duty Sachs clutch, stainless brake lines, pagid pads, KW V3 coilover suspension, H&R swaybar.

Other than that the car looks stock, no wings or wheels.

Now I would not say I have raised the bar as their are several owners on this site that have more powerful and faster tt's. I will also not recommend going the route I did because it was not planned but out of necessity that I ended up here.

I think anyone looking for a high hp car would do well with the GT800 package. This was not around when I started the Stage 5 was just coming out in fact I believe my car is the 2nd car ever completed after the developmental car. Now most people don't really offer a Stage 5.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:32 AM
picture:

Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Buddy sounds like I have to change your avatar again "eleven point three" is now ten point xxx maybe

Old 08-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
Thanks Craig I know you know the feeling! Is your car up and running? How is it?
I just finished the engine break in and I am now breaking in the new turbos. GIAC started creating the new program yesterday with Dan's car and they are continuing today. I may have preliminary dyno numbers later today.

Meanwhile, my new exhaust is being fabricated. It is proving VERY difficult to squeeze 3 in tubing into the tight quarters, but my guy is confident he can get it done. We are awaiting a custom made 3 in radius bend which is being done by Burns Stainless. I am hopeful that this will come together early next week. I am confident that this new exhaust will create more power than anything currently available off the shelf (except straight pipes).

We are getting close.

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pes Comes Through! Red Beast Is Fixed!