996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tell me more about the RUF 550 hp kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Tell me more about the RUF 550 hp kit

OK, for a 996 Turbo 2002 420 hp, I need to know everything there is about the RUF 550 hp kit.

What's included, how did you like it, any performance figures etc.?

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
No one?

Old 08-14-2005, 11:31 AM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Old 08-14-2005, 11:32 AM
ashoof is infamous around these parts
hi
well i do have a ruf 550 hp kit on a 996 tt 2004 for a year now and all i can say it is nice no single problem what so ever i drive the car every day and i hammer it hard almost evey time i go out
the kit include 2 turbos ,intake manafould , difrent fule filter , air filter , and a a muffler , and a cpu ,

Old 08-14-2005, 11:59 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I don't have one but Sean in NJ does and I ran against him when my car was making around 600 hp. We were dead even, neither one of us could pull on the other.

Sean also took this car to the dyno it makes 600 hp!. I love Sean's car very sweet, you can't go wrong if you want to spend the money for a RUF.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Ditto re. Ashoof's comments

Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Mine ran great with the 550 Ruf kit (though better now with the 590 full engine).

Ruf do not disclose all the parts done for some of the kits, but 550bhp kit includes as mentioned above - ecu, turbos, intake manifold, exhaust, air filter and uprated clutch.

Car ran very strong, no problem hitting the new higher rev limit in 6th.

Guy

Old 08-15-2005, 07:12 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Guy,

Knowing how RUF understates their power you must be running at least 650 hp at the crank!

Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 AM
mpwrmodena is infamous around these parts
I 2nd budmans comments. I beleave sean daily drives his car and has put ALOT of miles on it. Also he took me for a high speed drive in that and it wont stop pulling. He is also a very good driver so that helps also.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:13 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
I ran our PSI 550 car yesterday. All I can say is DAMN. Pickup is instantaneous. The boost builds sooo fast it spins the wheels inside the tires every time even in 4th.

I'd love to compare our PSI 550 car with a Ruf 550 car to feel the difference.

Oh yeah, the PSI 550 package cost a lot less than the Ruf. I expect it to be just as reliable with all the R&D PSI has done and their experience on the racing circuit.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Originally posted by buddyg
Guy,

Knowing how RUF understates their power you must be running at least 650 hp at the crank!

Figures vary between dynos, but yes it's certainly over 600......

It makes the GT2 a real weapon on the road and track.........

Guy

Old 08-15-2005, 12:24 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by collin996tt
I ran our PSI 550 car yesterday. All I can say is DAMN. Pickup is instantaneous. The boost builds sooo fast it spins the wheels inside the tires every time even in 4th.

I'd love to compare our PSI 550 car with a Ruf 550 car to feel the difference.

Oh yeah, the PSI 550 package cost a lot less than the Ruf. I expect it to be just as reliable with all the R&D PSI has done and their experience on the racing circuit.
RUF=Apples
PSI=Oranges
Not even close! Sorry

Old 08-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
RUF=Apples
PSI=Oranges
Not even close! Sorry

How so? Red apple to green apple would be a better analogy. Other than a difference in brands, really, whats so different?

Old 08-15-2005, 01:20 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
RUF=Apples
PSI=Oranges
Not even close! Sorry
Have you tasted the apple and orange first hand yourself? Go taste them, then come back and justify your statement

They're both apples. Like Life Dies said, just different colors and stripes.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:59 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by collin996tt
Have you tasted the apple and orange first hand yourself? Go taste them, then come back and justify your statement

They're both apples. Like Life Dies said, just different colors and stripes.
Apples = rwhp
Oranges = flywheel hp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tell me more about the RUF 550 hp kit