996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New GT40

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 07:06 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
New GT40

I duno, looks like it will be a handful for a lot of cars...

GT40

Old 11-02-2003, 07:21 PM
keithos27 is infamous around these parts
Cool car. What about the build quality though? Is it "built ford tough"?

-Keith

Old 11-02-2003, 07:23 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by keithos27
Cool car. What about the build quality though? Is it "built ford tough"?

-Keith
F-ixed
O-r
R-epaired
D-aily

F-u*ked
O-n
R-ace
D-ay

There are more, but I can't remeber um
Evan
PS- I like the GT40 seems like a cool car, but as said not sure about the quality

Old 11-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Dtd350Z is infamous around these parts
What is the website that those videos come from? I've watched quite a few that've been done by that guy and enjoy them.

As must as I dislike Ford....I suppose that's pretty cool.

Old 11-02-2003, 07:39 PM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Very nice....but its still not a flatsix wearing Fuchs.

Old 11-02-2003, 07:47 PM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
I went to the NE Auto show today and saw the GT40. It definitley looks unique and pretty mean. But like most of you said, Will it F-ail O-n R-ace D-ay??

Old 11-02-2003, 07:48 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I would hope that with the kind of money Ford is asking they took that in to mind. I would suspect they did. No one would turn that kind of moeny over for a retooled SVT Mustang...

Old 11-02-2003, 07:53 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by PorschePhD
I would hope that with the kind of money Ford is asking they took that in to mind. I would suspect they did. No one would turn that kind of moeny over for a retooled SVT Mustang...
What about the Saleen S7

Old 11-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Very true, I was at the 24 when that thing hit the tracks....great potential, but just couldn't hack it.

Old 11-02-2003, 08:03 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
What website did it come from Stephen?

Old 11-02-2003, 08:10 PM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
The Saleen has deffo had its issues - I've seen in dual with the Vettes at many endurance races - Le Mans, Sebring, Petit, Mid Ohio etc. Konrad et al can really make that car move - they just have trouble keeping its insides off the track. In fairness, it's done OK now and again.

I'm quite optomistic about the GT. Can't deny its heritage.

Old 11-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Got me...Someone emailed me the link.

Old 11-02-2003, 08:44 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Old 11-02-2003, 09:02 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I like the Ford GT, I think Ford did a good job with the redesign, its going to be a beast.

Old 11-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Dtd350Z is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KPV
The source of the link.......

http://homepage.mac.com/fluffy/.Public/TopGear_GT40.wmv
The GT40 vid as well as the Gallardo vid were hosted at http://www.polarisuk.com/ but I don't see anywhere on that site that has anything to do with cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New GT40