996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Daedalus 996TT Build Thread - RUF/ADV.1/Rottec/AP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 04:48 PM
GeeTee2 is infamous around these parts
This car is really looking good !
Yellow must be the color of passion !!!

Old 11-22-2014, 08:12 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Tucked them all away for winter today. Started her up though one final time and my god it sounds mean!

Updates in the spring with suspension and brakes!

Old 11-22-2014, 08:36 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Very functional garage you got there. Storage for tires and three cars.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:03 PM
antagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant future
Excuse my ignorance, but what are under the wheels?

Old 11-22-2014, 09:48 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Hydraulic wheel dollies. Just slide them in and there is a foot pump to raise the tires off the ground so you can roll the car around the garage. Took 2 people to safely move the car but they worked pretty darn slick. Only way I could make functional use of a 2 car garage and turn it into space for 3 cars.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Spring Update: Suspension/Brake Upgrade

Ok so I got the car out and have been using it and my holy god does the exhaust sound good. No drone, not too loud, but tons of burble and it sounds downright nasty at full chat. Anyway - been putting together the suspension/brake upgrade together this winter and finally amassed all the parts. Going under the knife this week hopefully.

• Ohlins DFV Turbo Kit
  • Rear adjustable toe arms
  • Rear toe locking plate kit
  • Rear solid LCA thrust arm bushings
  • Front adjustable drop links with dust boots
  • Rear adjustable drop links with dust boots
  • Eibach F&R Sway Bar
  • RSS Engine Mounts
  • Endless RF-650 Fluid
  • Stainless Lines
  • 350MM 997TT Stoptech Rotors
  • Stoptech Pads
  • Agency Power Brake Spacer F&R
  • Refinish Calipers Yellow w/RUF Logo

Shooting to raise the car up to GT2 ride height and alignment.

Fingers crossed it all fits/works/im not crying in a week.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:48 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
nice parts! should be a blast to drive and feel like a new car ..

Originally Posted by GeeTee2
This car is really looking good !
Yellow must be the color of passion !!!
if ya ever wanna dump yer CA plate if/when ya ever sell the car? lemme know. $$

Old 03-17-2015, 08:06 PM
carreragt2e is infamous around these parts
awesome job!

Old 04-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Getting closer.... should have the car back Mon/Tues with any luck.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:54 PM
SergTurbo is infamous around these parts
Hello! Amazing project!!

All mods is superb for this body!

I also want such design wheels, super exhaust sound, painted lower plastic, and nice color.

I have slate grey 996tt, here is my tread on reenlist.

I want this wheels, but its not cheap as I understand. I found the same design here for 1500usd per wheel.

http://www.forgeline.com/products/on...block/cf1.html

I think maybe its the same wheels. What did you pay for your ADV? Please send me PM if remember.

Also interesting what is the budget for your exhaust. I found this tread today and I'am in shock of this sound!!! If possible - send me PM also. Do you have 100 cells cats? What time do you wait for it?

http://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo...m-ukraine.html

Old 04-04-2015, 07:53 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Unobtanium makes that exhaust and it can be had in Ti or Stainless. Turnaround time seems to vary, in my case the first exhaust was damaged in shipping and I'm waiting for the repair so it's taking awhile. As costs go it's not too bad compared to others, the lack of drone and the way this builder is attacking it is why I want it so badly. I really hate drone! It can be had with and with out cats or with cats and a set of delete pipes. FWIW it was vids from this project and others that pushed me towards also making the purchase

Old 04-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Rdc996tt has a spectacular aura aboutRdc996tt has a spectacular aura aboutRdc996tt has a spectacular aura about
Chris is in the process of finishing my exhaust up. Exact same way that yours is from what I can tell. Can't wait to see how your car turns out

Old 04-05-2015, 10:46 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I think Chris is in the process of finishing up about a dozen exhausts right about now! I can't wait to get mine back, I only got to see it for a few hours before having to send it back. UPS managed to damage a 16gauge tip, pissed I was for sure!

Old 05-05-2015, 11:05 AM
bstalter is infamous around these parts
Saw this car last year at ICC, was looking sharp then. Looking forward to seeing these changes.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Suspension/Brakes Completed + New Wheels

Been awhile since the last update. Long story short the last of my "big modifications" is finally completed and now I can focus on small little cosmetic tweaks here and there.

The suspension and brake install was a resounding success. The car is completely street-able and compliant (downright comfortable to be honest) set a a 13 setting at the front and rear. The rear end of the car feels planted on corner exit and doesn't move around much and the turn in is much better on entry. The brakes feel much stronger and the pedal feel is greatly improved. The sway bar settings (soft front / mid rear) seem to provide an excellent balance of turn in without huge amounts of understeer or oversteer.

Basically the setup really did accomplish what I wanted which was to get a nice neutral handling and braking upgrade without sacrificing drive-ability, nvh, or comfort.

The exhaust continues to sound fantastic without being intrusive and is completely docile at freeway speeds in high gear and doesn't seem any louder than OEM with no noticeable drone whatsoever.

The last thing to complete the upgrade was a set of new ADV.1's. I went for their monoblock "Competition Spec" wheels which are actually FEA engineered to TUV guidelines for the specific curb weight of my car. Basically they were made as light as possible for the weight of the car. I ended up doing 11's out back this time to kill my rubbing issues once and for all. These puppies came in 5lbs/wheel lighter than my previous set due to the weight lightening program they did.

I kept the same finish as before as I felt it really works well with the car but finally upgraded my lug bolts to be a little less ghetto than the nasty rusting OEM's I had previously. The refinished yellow calipers and RUF logo'ed brakes turned out great and really tie the wheels/car together.

Where do we go from here?

Small things. The ride height is still about .5" too high due to my rubbing issues from the last set so she will be lowered a bit from here. I finally found a RUF shift **** and steering wheel to complete my interior. I have a few small carbon bits to come and replace some faded/scratched interior pieces. I'm also doing small things like replacing my window switches that were scratched with new ones, updating the interior lighting and license plate lighting to LED, but overall just finessing what I consider to be a largely finished product.

The whole goal was have a reliable, fun, well sorted package and I think i've achieved my goal. She doesn't make huge power or set blistering lap times but I can drive her everyday without worrying if it will start or if it will develop a boost leak or blow a MAF or pogo down the highway or make my ears bleed.

My next update should have some interior updates, new ride height, RSS engine mounts, and a few other things.

Thanks for looking!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daedalus 996TT Build Thread - RUF/ADV.1/Rottec/AP