996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Refinished Rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Refinished Rims

These rims came with the car originally when I purchased it. Two of the rims had some minor curb rash. The original color of these rims were silver, with a brighter finished lip. Deciding that I needed to get the curb rash repaired, I wanted to have the rims powered coated. Since I wanted to deviate from the original color (silver), I had a few colors choices in mind. Choices were flat / satin black, gold centers with a silver lip, or bronze. Black rims on white cars were getting too common (all though I like the look). I was leaning towards the classic look, gold wheels with silver polished lip, but I wanted to do something different. I Had the bronze color in mind, but just needed to see the color in person. So, as you can see, I decided to go with the bronze. I really liked the way they came out! To finish them off, I ordered the factory Porsche center caps in black. I think the black caps with the gold crest accent the rims nicely.

Rims are Champion 19″ RS98. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports Rear 305/30/19 Front 245/35/19 This seems to be a perfect combo for the Porsche Turbo. The car is lowered on H&R springs, coil overs soon to come in the future.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LDM1806.jpg
Views:	4115
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	276650   Click image for larger version

Name:	LDM1808-Edit.jpg
Views:	1908
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	276651   Click image for larger version

Name:	LDM1844.jpg
Views:	1888
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	276652   Click image for larger version

Name:	LDM1814.jpg
Views:	4725
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	276653  
Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 PM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
Nice photos the wheels are great and I believe the color would be even better in person.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Bronze looks great IMO, when the time comes I will do the same to my BBS CH-R's.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
What about bronze OE Twsts? Thumbs up or down? I have an extra set and want to either have them white, like the car, or bronze.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:52 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Those look really nice! I would be careful with them and check the spokes for cracks as frequently as you can! The heat from powder coating will weaken your wheels!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Those wheels turned out great!! When your ready for coilovers Click Here, we have a few different options

Old 09-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Do you have a high res file of your car with the stock wheels on them? I can maybe photoshop them in bronze. I've seen pics of a white tt w/white wheels, looks good.

Originally Posted by Whereitsat
What about bronze OE Twsts? Thumbs up or down? I have an extra set and want to either have them white, like the car, or bronze.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Yeah, they do look great in person. It's a bit hard to get the correct color to display on the net.
Originally Posted by rmc1148
Nice photos the wheels are great and I believe the color would be even better in person.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:02 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
19x11 rear? what kind of clearance do you have on the inner? i'm trying to run a 19x12 on the pss 305/30/19 on the h&r springs as well.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:03 PM
The BBS CH-R's would look great in bronze on your black car!
Originally Posted by JSBear
Bronze looks great IMO, when the time comes I will do the same to my BBS CH-R's.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:37 PM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
Bronze looks bad ***

You took a chance and it paid off!

Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
hdp951s is a splendid one to beholdhdp951s is a splendid one to beholdhdp951s is a splendid one to beholdhdp951s is a splendid one to beholdhdp951s is a splendid one to beholdhdp951s is a splendid one to beholdhdp951s is a splendid one to beholdhdp951s is a splendid one to behold
Very nice! I think gold is too much, but the bronze works, looks great!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. I'll get one over as soon as I'm back in Houston. Thanks for the offer!

Originally Posted by Page
Do you have a high res file of your car with the stock wheels on them? I can maybe photoshop them in bronze. I've seen pics of a white tt w/white wheels, looks good.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 AM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Those look awesome.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I believe the RS98's are 19x11.5 with 44 offset. There is some clearance at the inner fender liner. You can bend the metal bracket that protects the intercooler hose a bit. I also rolled the rear fenders as a precaution. The H&R on the stock shocks seems a bit soft and didn't want the fender lip to cut the tire. Also there is a metal tab towards the rear outside portion of the wheel well. You'll see it where it sticks out in the fender liner. I had to bend that on both sides, as the would sometime hit it when going over dips in the road. Not sure on the offset you are running in the rear, but If you roll the fender you can install 3-5mm spacer to bing it out some to clear the inner fender liner.

Originally Posted by daedalus
19x11 rear? what kind of clearance do you have on the inner? i'm trying to run a 19x12 on the pss 305/30/19 on the h&r springs as well.