996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sharky's Black Mamba is coming home.... who wants to race?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 08:50 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
http://students.engr.scu.edu/~ahong/MVI_4794.AVI

Black Mamba vs Pizza Stripe (make sure you use Quick Time for this)

Wow that was close!

You need to pick on someone your own size like me!

Old 08-24-2005, 08:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
Wow that was close!

You need to pick on someone your own size like me!

Dude.. you know I would love to! It'd be great Come out for the next shoot out or I will

Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Sounds like a meet at Imagine Auto halfway between us!

Old 08-24-2005, 09:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
Sounds like a meet at Imagine Auto halfway between us!
Great... so then we do a 3-way with Stephen:P

Old 08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by iLLM3
Ok man will do, can't wait honestly, on to my next project. Just wanna pull mid to whatever 11's in this car first, and then im selling it haha.. Just trying to start ahead and taking in all of the info and planning before i get it like i did with the M3. Had the M3 for 6-7months and did all of the work in 2 months, kind of bored of it already and its not worth rebuilding the motor for the supercharger setup, already a stage 3 pulling 530 hp, and is about dead even with a 996tt X50 stock. Anyway good luck with your car, any recomendations or pointers? Im looking for basically a race setup exhaust, which would be best. Muffler then straight pipes back? Thanks Martin

Hmm
11s in the 996TT is sooo easy Seriously I did it with just a chip and a K&N filter! That Beemer should be able to hit 11s then if it can keep up with an X50! I'm guessing it's just hard to launch with that much power. I'd say all you really need is DR's on your rear wheels and that should get you there!

Old 08-24-2005, 09:43 PM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
http://students.engr.scu.edu/~ahong/MVI_4794.AVI

Black Mamba vs Pizza Stripe (make sure you use Quick Time for this)

http://students.engr.scu.edu/~ahong/MVI_4792.AVI

Round Table Pizza vs GAYARDO WITH BODYKIT!
Holy Crap That was amazing!!!

Do you have any more awesome videos like that?

Old 08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
God I still can't get over those awesome videos

Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by CarreraGtRacer
Holy Crap That was amazing!!!

Do you have any more awesome videos like that?
hehe yeah we do You have to hand it to James and Robert though- they stuck their chins out...

Honestly the really good race woulda been James' white GT2... His car spooled up so frickin' fast!

Old 08-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by cynicali
uh, WOW.

/left speechless
Come to the German Autofest and there will be a 6speed car even faster

Old 08-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Alex, cool vids man! As usual your car is freaking badass fast!

Old 08-25-2005, 01:09 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
11s in the 996TT is sooo easy Seriously I did it with just a chip and a K&N filter! That Beemer should be able to hit 11s then if it can keep up with an X50! I'm guessing it's just hard to launch with that much power. I'd say all you really need is DR's on your rear wheels and that should get you there!
Yea man well i know what its capable of, i didnt want to come on here sounding like a cocky dik or anything, but my car right now is much faster from a highway roll than a 996TT, but from a dead stop forget about it

Check out e46fanatics, they have a run with my car but about 200lbs+ heavier against a 996tt, M3 starts pulling easily but still, that's a stock damm Porsche Turbo, with the amount of money i put in the M3 i could have a 10 sec turbo with ease, but it is unique and impressive with my M3 to be as fast as it is, thats why i love it but my friend is buying it from me, so i will get to see it/drive it whenever i want.

Anyway what exhaust setup do you recommend, remember im doing almost exactly what you did. Getting the cage already, BBS LM's, Fikse's, BBS Magnesiums or some crazy track wheel and so on, making it into a track car. Like i said any tips, great suspension setups and so on would be much appreciated. Thanks alot Sharky

Martin

Old 08-25-2005, 07:03 AM
hehe yeah we do You have to hand it to James and Robert though- they stuck their chins out...

Honestly the really good race woulda been James' white GT2... His car spooled up so frickin' fast!
Don't make me wait any longer!! Please do share

Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
I agree. I believe you can run 11s in a factory stock 996 TT given the right track and conditions and a few passes to optimise the launch.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:35 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Alex,

I haven't seen your car since you got it back, but let me take a guess. You will probably be trapping between 137-141.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Alex, cool vids man! As usual your car is freaking badass fast!
LOL thanks man.. it feels faster than ever now that I can run high boost:P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sharky's Black Mamba is coming home.... who wants to race?