996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sharky's Black Mamba is coming home.... who wants to race?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Come to the German Autofest and there will be a 6speed car even faster
Who's car Sharky? The EVO GT1000? I heard what
that monster laid down yesterday, HOLY CRAP!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:19 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by iLLM3
Yea man well i know what its capable of, i didnt want to come on here sounding like a cocky dik or anything, but my car right now is much faster from a highway roll than a 996TT, but from a dead stop forget about it

Check out e46fanatics, they have a run with my car but about 200lbs+ heavier against a 996tt, M3 starts pulling easily but still, that's a stock damm Porsche Turbo, with the amount of money i put in the M3 i could have a 10 sec turbo with ease, but it is unique and impressive with my M3 to be as fast as it is, thats why i love it but my friend is buying it from me, so i will get to see it/drive it whenever i want.

Anyway what exhaust setup do you recommend, remember im doing almost exactly what you did. Getting the cage already, BBS LM's, Fikse's, BBS Magnesiums or some crazy track wheel and so on, making it into a track car. Like i said any tips, great suspension setups and so on would be much appreciated. Thanks alot Sharky

Martin
I'll check it out today when I get in then. I know what you mean about running 10s. It's funny we all pour money in and _should_ be able to do it but somehow it's so much harder than it seems. The trick really is all in the launch which is why the domestics with slicks and skinnies seem to be able to do it so much easier. The thing that shocked most people at the track the day I did it was that it was on street tires. They weren't interested in the fact that my car didn't boos correctly or how heavy/light it is... With the power you have it really doesn't suprise me that from a roll you can whoop on the 996tt... What's your torque like?

In terms of stuff to do it's a tough call. I mean I love the GT700 packadge (which Kaspar has) and the way those turbos come on so soon. Mine lag a bit more and for the most part a GT700 car will pull away from the start (also important in the 1/4mile). Mine obviously has more top end but it takes longer to get there is all. In terms of suspsension, I was lucky enough to have Cary Eisenlohr set me up with his double adjustable JRZ system and a bunch of links, monoballs etc... I used the EVO camber plates. The car rides very stiff but it is on rails (actually not good for drag racing!). I also do love Garret's programming because it's so flexible with the switcher. I mean you can run pump gas or race gas etc... without having two ECUs or anything like that. Speaking of pump gas, that run you saw here was on pump gas mode

In terms of exhausts, the 996TT resonates like nobody's business with almost any exhaust. I've run all kinds of different ones. The Fabspeed makes the most power (peak). The Europipe is increadibly well built and has zero resonance (I don't use it because of the weight) and also makes gobs of power. I'm about to try out the FVD exhaust so I'll let you guys know. When I want to make the most power however, I just run my 5 inch straight pipes without cats

Old 08-25-2005, 09:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
Who's car Sharky? The EVO GT1000? I heard what
that monster laid down yesterday, HOLY CRAP!
Todd's car will be there.. my car will and not sure if Stephen's will but he'll be there in person

Old 08-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by cjv
Alex,

I haven't seen your car since you got it back, but let me take a guess. You will probably be trapping between 137-141.
If you're around let me know and I'll take ya' for a ride. Feels much smoother than a 6speed but most of my pals that have ridden have "said" the same thing you have. However feeling fast and actually being fast are obviously two different things If everything is right then the car _should_ be in that range you're talking about but we'll see!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:26 AM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
sharky, how about more of those videos?? Your car is too badass...

Old 08-25-2005, 10:14 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I'll check it out today when I get in then. I know what you mean about running 10s. It's funny we all pour money in and _should_ be able to do it but somehow it's so much harder than it seems. The trick really is all in the launch which is why the domestics with slicks and skinnies seem to be able to do it so much easier. The thing that shocked most people at the track the day I did it was that it was on street tires. They weren't interested in the fact that my car didn't boos correctly or how heavy/light it is... With the power you have it really doesn't suprise me that from a roll you can whoop on the 996tt... What's your torque like?

In terms of stuff to do it's a tough call. I mean I love the GT700 packadge (which Kaspar has) and the way those turbos come on so soon. Mine lag a bit more and for the most part a GT700 car will pull away from the start (also important in the 1/4mile). Mine obviously has more top end but it takes longer to get there is all. In terms of suspsension, I was lucky enough to have Cary Eisenlohr set me up with his double adjustable JRZ system and a bunch of links, monoballs etc... I used the EVO camber plates. The car rides very stiff but it is on rails (actually not good for drag racing!). I also do love Garret's programming because it's so flexible with the switcher. I mean you can run pump gas or race gas etc... without having two ECUs or anything like that. Speaking of pump gas, that run you saw here was on pump gas mode

In terms of exhausts, the 996TT resonates like nobody's business with almost any exhaust. I've run all kinds of different ones. The Fabspeed makes the most power (peak). The Europipe is increadibly well built and has zero resonance (I don't use it because of the weight) and also makes gobs of power. I'm about to try out the FVD exhaust so I'll let you guys know. When I want to make the most power however, I just run my 5 inch straight pipes without cats
Sharky,

Are you getting CEL's when you run the straight pipes? How much to make me a set of pipes from the turbo straight back?

Old 08-25-2005, 10:23 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Sharky,

Are you getting CEL's when you run the straight pipes? How much to make me a set of pipes from the turbo straight back?
go back to your straight pipe thread. The solution for not throwing a CEL is in there

Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by wonderbread
The car looks and sounds insane Sharkster!!!
Cheers Scott... and that's with the quieter exhaust, muffler and cats

Old 08-25-2005, 11:36 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Ok good stuff sharky.. My torque is extremely low for the amount of work i have done, but extremely high on an M3 to begin with. These cars arent torque monsters, just like the base 911 Carrera C2's and so on. Right now i should be at about 400 crank or even a little under, maybe higher i dont know, just a ballpark estimate. But its all about the gearing and when the boost comes on in my car, its so damm linear, it pulls like a freight train 3rd, 4th and if you can even get into 5th LOL, 4th last to about 145! I race my friends 558 RWHP supra who's actually buying my car, and have no problem pulling at the end of 3rd because the gear is so long, then when i shift i have instant power still going, so the time it takes for the turbo to spool and boost to relaly hit i had the advantage of pulling already, and he cant make up that distance, exactly what happens with the 996tt, but thats stock dammit haha!!

Anyway i basically want the sickest sounding/performance exhaust you can get. Cats do not matter to me, i have 2 cars G35+my SC M3 non have cats, resonators just straight exhaust all the way back! Also what exactly is done to your car, power package wise? Because it seems like it is really hard to even get low 11's high 10's with even a stage 4, meanwhile im hearing you can pull 11's stock hmm

Also what suspension setup do you have, coilovers/sways/strut?

Thanks again

Old 08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Sharky,

heya buddy... James made two when we had the plasma cutter. we'll have to get another one. They don't look pretty but one is my set and the other is James Wong's. I'll lend you mine if he doesn't make anymore

Old 08-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
.............I remember that day

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2005, 03:34 PM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
Don't mean to get annoying on ya sharkster but how about them other videos??

Old 08-25-2005, 04:53 PM
c4bliss is infamous around these partsc4bliss is infamous around these parts
umm yeah, more videos please.... but none with that cannon...

Old 08-25-2005, 07:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Sharky waiting for a response haha jkjk... Just planning ahead!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by CarreraGtRacer
Don't mean to get annoying on ya sharkster but how about them other videos??
Sorry man.. coming!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sharky's Black Mamba is coming home.... who wants to race?